PDA

View Full Version : Beto O'Rourke questions relevance of Constitution 'set down 230-plus years ago'

Horn
24th January 2019, 10:06 AM
Here's hoping if they renew the Constitution that it starts with

"We the people Believe No Barrel of Oil shall be traded without a Federal Dollar"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CsauFHK-18k

Former Rep. Beto O’Rourke recently questioned the modern-day relevance of the U.S. Constitution and whether the country should still be governed by “the same principles that were set down 230-plus years ago.”

“I think that’s the question of the moment: Does this still work?” Mr. O’Rourke asked during a taped conversation with two friends, which he aired to thousands in response to President Trump’s Oval Office address to the American people about the border wall, The Washington Post reported (https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/beto-orourkes-immigration-plan-no-wall-but-no-specifics/2019/01/15/f6e36fac-15ea-11e9-90a8-136fa44b80ba_story.html?utm_term=.c4c104b0e321) Tuesday.

“Can an empire like ours with military presence in over 170 countries around the globe, with trading relationships … and security agreements in every continent, can it still be managed by the same principles that were set down 230-plus years ago?” Mr. O’Rourke reportedly asked.

The former Democratic congressman, who lost his Senate bid last year to Texas Sen. Ted Cruz, has been eyed as a potential Democratic hopeful to face Mr. Trump in the 2020 presidential election. It’s clear from his interview with The Post this week, however, that giving specifics isn’t his strong suit. His answers to questions about visa overstays, Syria and the “Green New Deal” all produced the same answer: Let’s have a conversation.

Mr. O’Rourke’s own ad attacking Mr. Trump’s border wall noted that most illegal immigrants in the country are those who overstayed their visas, but when asked what should be done about the problem, the former congressman told The Post: “I don’t know.”

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2019/jan/16/beto-orourke-questions-relevance-constitution-prin/

madfranks
24th January 2019, 01:05 PM
In any sane country, this would automatically disqualify any person from holding any elected office. How can anyone seriously believe he takes seriously his oath to uphold the constitution when he questions the need for it to exist?

mamboni
24th January 2019, 02:38 PM
Mr. O'Rourke, we don't alter the foundational principles upon which our society is built to suit your emotional needs and whims. The Constitution is sacrosanct, just as the foundation of a stable building is fixed and cannot be altered without destabilizing the structure it supports. If your needs, whims, emotions and ideas do not jibe with the Constitution, perhaps you need to re-examine your premises and assumptions, rather than demand that others alter what they consider good and secure and stable, simply to satisfy your needs. The Constitution has worked well for centuries. It has stood the test of time. You on the other hand, are untested and unproved. You and your ideas are not worthy of the confidence that the Constitution has earned. In short, fuck off.

madfranks
25th January 2019, 08:50 AM
Mr. O'Rourke, we don't alter the foundational principles upon which our society is built to suit your emotional needs and whims. The Constitution is sacrosanct, just as the foundation of a stable building is fixed and cannot be altered without destabilizing the structure it supports. If your needs, whims, emotions and ideas do not jibe with the Constitution, perhaps you need to re-examine your premises and assumptions, rather than demand that others alter what they consider good and secure and stable, simply to satisfy your needs. The Constitution has worked well for centuries. It has stood the test of time. You on the other hand, are untested and unproved. You and your ideas are not worthy of the confidence that the Constitution has earned. In short, fuck off.

Ha, you should type this up in a nice formal letter and mail it to his office. I'll even pay for your postage - just tell me your bitcoin address so I can send you the postage cost in bitcoin. :)

Horn
25th January 2019, 08:57 AM
If your needs, whims, emotions and ideas do not jibe with the Constitution

Excuse me stewardess, I know jibe. :)

mamboni
26th January 2019, 11:18 PM
Excuse me stewardess, I know jibe. :)Lay'm down and slack'm yack'm. Gots to be. Golly!

mamboni
26th January 2019, 11:21 PM
Ha, you should type this up in a nice formal letter and mail it to his office. I'll even pay for your postage - just tell me your bitcoin address so I can send you the postage cost in bitcoin. :)
No thanks. I'm a MGTOW monk and this system is not worth my time and effort in this regard. But feel free to use the material as you see fit.