PDA

View Full Version : Colorado Senate passes bill to essentially eliminate Electoral College

Jewboo
30th January 2019, 01:45 PM
https://i.4pcdn.org/pol/1548875356764.png

Colorado Senate passes bill to essentially eliminate Electoral College (https://kdvr.com/2019/01/29/colorado-senate-passes-bill-to-essentially-eliminate-electoral-college/)
:o

midnight rambler
30th January 2019, 02:48 PM
It be very interesting to see if this unconstitutional maneuver sticks.

Horn
30th January 2019, 04:47 PM
Imo, it will only work if nobody in Colorado votes towards the popular vote.

Why would electorate need to vote, when everyone else in the country decides for them?

Moreover would they have legal presidence to recount Rhode Island's votes to be certain?

Sounds lawdulent

cheka.
31st January 2019, 12:51 PM
e college is one of the things that inhibits vote fraud by illegal voters and corrupt state govs. of course the (((left))) wants it done away with

they want their 6 million illegal votes in los angeles to count. e college caps their fraud with a fixed number

madfranks
31st January 2019, 12:58 PM
Imo, it will only work if nobody in Colorado votes towards the popular vote.

Why would electorate need to vote, when everyone else in the country decides for them?

Moreover would they have legal presidence to recount Rhode Island's votes to be certain?

Sounds lawdulent

Of course, they want Colorado votes to just be gifted to what the people in NY and CA want. The most dense urban populations are overwhelmingly democrat. This is a big F U to rural Coloradans and those not in dense urban areas.

madfranks
31st January 2019, 01:00 PM
Did you catch the part of Jewboo's post that says this means Colorado will join 11 other states who are already doing this? So, Colorado is not the first to do this.

How can this not be challenged and deemed unconstitutional? I'm all for states asserting their rights under the 10th amendment, but I don't see how they're able to override other established parts of the constitution.

Neuro
31st January 2019, 02:06 PM
Did you catch the part of Jewboo's post that says this means Colorado will join 11 other states who are already doing this? So, Colorado is not the first to do this.

How can this not be challenged and deemed unconstitutional? I'm all for states asserting their rights under the 10th amendment, but I don't see how they're able to override other established parts of the constitution.

I would imagine that these changes are done in places where they already voted in favor of Hillary last election, IOW she won the popular vote, and thus they want the popular vote to count, because last election the president (Trump) didn’t (supposedly) get the popular vote. But essentially they have lowered the reason to vote in these states that supports the democrat candidate. Thus reducing the chance that these democrat leaning states will get their supporters out to vote (what’s the point in voting since the nationwide vote will decide what my states electoral nominees will vote).

It really is stupid!

Horn
1st February 2019, 06:06 AM
How can an electorate in any given state ensure the vote is legitimate across all of them,

What if other states were colluded against by RUSSIAN conspiracy, yet they don't believe in conspiracy theories??!!