PDA

View Full Version : CSU: the word 'America' is not inclusive

midnight rambler
19th July 2019, 09:29 AM
And all this time I've been under the impression that America meant the land of diversity aka 'the melting pot'. Was I mistaken.

https://summit.news/2019/07/18/colorado-state-university-avoid-using-the-word-america-because-its-not-inclusive/

ziero0
19th July 2019, 09:56 AM
inclusive (adj.)
"characterized by including a great deal, leaving little out," c. 1600, from Medieval Latin inclusivus (see inclusive (adv.)). The Middle English adjective was incluse "confined, shut in" (late 14c.).

inclusive (adv.)
"including the stated limits in the number or sum," mid-15c., from Medieval Latin inclusivus, from Latin inclus-, past participle stem of includere "to shut in, enclose" (see include).

Must be an adjective then ... leaving a little out.

Neuro
20th July 2019, 01:17 AM
And all this time I've been under the impression that America meant the land of diversity aka 'the melting pot'. Was I mistaken.

https://summit.news/2019/07/18/colorado-state-university-avoid-using-the-word-america-because-its-not-inclusive/
I suppose then the term African-American isn’t PC either. What shall We call them then?

Nigger, I can’t think of anything!

osoab
20th July 2019, 04:09 AM
I suppose then the term African-American isn’t PC either. What shall We call them then?

Nigger, I can’t think of anything!

I like the ploy.

But use the term Canadian. :D

ziero0
20th July 2019, 04:16 AM
I can’t think of anything!

You might think of the word 'data' 'cause if you control your universe then you get to be responsible for everything in it. You don't get to pick and choose what you are responsible for.

In my universe I tend to group anyone who makes comments or actions I don't agree with 'democrat'. Even 'republicans' fall into this category frequently so this is not a political category.

madfranks
22nd July 2019, 06:07 PM
Straight (when used to refer to heterosexuals, this implies LGBT people are “crooked” or “not normal,” according to the guide).

Technically, LGBTP are not normal. The definition of normal is, "the usual, average, or typical state or condition." Since most people are straight, that means if you're LGBTP, you're not "usual, average, or typical," you're abnormal. I know being precise in our language is now offensive and hateful, but it's still the correct way to communicate.

Twisted Titan
25th July 2019, 06:49 AM
It wasnt ment to be Hawkeye.

Just like in your fudge packing world you couldn't " include " enough freakaziods in your name so you just gave up and left it as a + sign.

Dipshit