PDA

View Full Version : example of what declining population does to real estate values

cheka.
20th September 2019, 10:28 AM
check out these prices

can find other cities w/similar. i've found several - looking for cities with declining populations

https://www.trulia.com/PA/Johnstown/

Joshua01
20th September 2019, 11:23 AM
The fewer people within 50 miles of me the better
check out these prices

can find other cities w/similar. i've found several - looking for cities with declining populations

https://www.trulia.com/PA/Johnstown/

Cebu_4_2
20th September 2019, 02:03 PM
What about known good areas? I am not familiar with that in PA.

madfranks
20th September 2019, 02:39 PM
Dayum - the speculator in me wonders if it would be a good idea to buy up a whole block of those homes, sit on them for 10-20 years, and sell for a million or more?

midnight rambler
20th September 2019, 02:56 PM
sell for a million or more?

Could be hundreds of millions or even tens of billions once the US$ collapses.

ziero0
20th September 2019, 03:07 PM
The value of the U.S. dollar is not uniform across the U.S. Merchants do sensitivity studies. If an item sells too fast they raise prices. If it doesn't sell at all they lower prices. What sets prices is the availability of jobs in an area, the price professionals and craftsmen charge for their labor and a number of other factors.

If you were making $50k annually in New Orleans and got a 50% pay increase to move to NYC or LA you just got a 50% hit on your purchasing power.

Down1
20th September 2019, 04:28 PM
Many of those houses are too close together.

Tear them down and give the people some space.

America with 150 million mostly Whites would be an excellent country.

woodman
20th September 2019, 05:59 PM
The value of the U.S. dollar is not uniform across the U.S. Merchants do sensitivity studies. If an item sells too fast they raise prices. If it doesn't sell at all they lower prices. What sets prices is the availability of jobs in an area, the price professionals and craftsmen charge for their labor and a number of other factors.

If you were making $50k annually in New Orleans and got a 50% pay increase to move to NYC or LA you just got a 50% hit on your purchasing power.

Good post Z. I have also found that if it isn't selling, raising the price will sometimes do the trick. Gotta find that sweet spot.

ziero0
20th September 2019, 06:10 PM
Good post Z. I have also found that if it isn't selling, raising the price will sometimes do the trick. Gotta find that sweet spot.
The story is told of a homeowner willing to give away a sofa in good condition. He set it on the curb with a FREE sign on it. It sat there for 3-4 days so he changed the sign to $50. It was stolen that night.

Even thieves don't want something with no value.

Cebu_4_2
20th September 2019, 06:14 PM
The story is told of a homeowner willing to give away a sofa in good condition. He set it on the curb with a FREE sign on it. It sat there for 3-4 days so he changed the sign to $50. It was stolen that night.

Even thieves don't want something with no value.

Did the exact thing with an old pickup topper. Sat on it for months then put a sign up $50 with a number that wasn't mine. Gone by morning..

Jewboo
20th September 2019, 06:15 PM
Chinks will eventually buy up the USA for pennies.

woodman
20th September 2019, 06:18 PM
Did the exact thing with an old pickup topper. Sat on it for months then put a sighn up $50 with a number that wasn't mine. Gone by morning..
Yup, works for tires too.

ziero0
20th September 2019, 06:49 PM
Chinks will eventually buy up the USA for pennies.

Anything that can be bought isn't worth the effort.

hoarder
21st September 2019, 07:30 AM
When I hear the words "declining population" I think of the baby boomers dying off. Here in rural Western Montana, most of the population consists of baby boomers and their population is slowly declining. About half the population moved here from out of state (like me), so declining population has been offset by the influx of baby boomers from elsewhere and property values have remained steady, keeping up with inflation.
Of course this does not appear sustainable when you eveluate demographic trends.
We have observed that major corporations such as the tech sector and auto manufacturing have not moved their facilities to White areas where good help is affordable and all the costs associated with large metropolitan ares does not exist, in spit of the fact that doing so would be a wise move in economic terms. This is indicative that these business decisions are made because of their social engineering value rather than profit motive.
Another thing that greatly influences real estate values is banker "generosity" in issuing loans. At any given time, bankers will loan very conservatively in one region while loaning extravagantly in another. This is also social engineering motivated. An area where much race-mixing occurs gets the most generous lending.