PDA

View Full Version : NOTE" YouTube as of this evening requires sign-in to view videos 082620

Dachsie
26th August 2020, 06:17 PM
Just tried to watch 3 channels and got this message

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cal92jMjLkw
Bull Boom Bear Bust
Get the best YouTube experience
Sign in to save videos, subscribe, and more
Not now sign in

8-26-20 8:05 pm central

Do not know if this is just me or for everyone who chooses not to sign in before watching a video.

This seems rather major change that will deeply cut into "number of views" calculated by YouTube.

monty
26th August 2020, 06:48 PM
Just tried to watch 3 channels and got this message

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cal92jMjLkw
Bull Boom Bear Bust
Get the best YouTube experience
Sign in to save videos, subscribe, and more
Not now sign in

8-26-20 8:05 pm central

Do not know if this is just me or for everyone who chooses not to sign in before watching a video.

This seems rather major change that will deeply cut into "number of views" calculated by YouTube.

I didn’t get any unusual messages. It went straight to the video when I clicked on the link

Dachsie
26th August 2020, 06:51 PM
Thanks for the information. I guess the message only goes out to those who do not have a google login password, which I do not. Neither am I allowed to comment or do thumbs up or anything on YouTube but I have been able over the years, until this evening, been able to watch any videos I wanted.

I guess this is a new policy.

Down1
27th August 2020, 03:07 PM
No problem for me not logged in to anything, on a VPN.

Maybe these are R rated channels?
They make you sign in for those.

Dachsie
27th August 2020, 03:13 PM
I decided to press the

Not Now

button

and it lets me go ahead and watch the video.

I am already on some kind watch list for yt so may as well let them keep on watching me.

Wish BitChute was better but it is too disorganized and content creators who have a secondary channel on yt, most of them anyway, do not keep the BitChute videos up to date.
The chance to make income is too much greater on yt.