PDA

View Full Version : I am looking for a way to stop my neighbor's dogs from barking.

woodman
17th October 2020, 02:41 PM
These dogs bark incessantly and are driving me crazy. The owners don't give a shit. Has anyone here ever been up against this? I am looking at electronic devices that will put out a sound that will stop the dogs from barking. The reviews are hit and miss though.

I live in a rural area and sound travels a long way. I spend much of my time outdoors and I don't much listen to music or other white noise. I just like peace and quiet.

ziero0
17th October 2020, 03:15 PM
https://www.gq.com/story/best-noise-cancelling-headphones

For you. The dogs wouldn't wear them.

On the plus side they work on your spouse as well.

woodman
17th October 2020, 03:38 PM
https://www.gq.com/story/best-noise-cancelling-headphones

For you. The dogs wouldn't wear them.

On the plus side they work on your spouse as well.
Not sure they would work. I suppose if they helped a little it would be a huge plus. I would prefer to cancel the noise at it's source.

An old friend of mine as a teenager, claimed he had developed a form of mind control that worked on his mother's incessant bitching. He said it was like magic. He could see her lips moving but could not hear a word she said. Magic!

EE_
17th October 2020, 03:47 PM
Toss out a firecracker when they start barking, or fire your shotgun into the air.

Bigjon
18th October 2020, 12:55 AM
These dogs bark incessantly and are driving me crazy. The owners don't give a shit. Has anyone here ever been up against this? I am looking at electronic devices that will put out a sound that will stop the dogs from barking. The reviews are hit and miss though.

I live in a rural area and sound travels a long way. I spend much of my time outdoors and I don't much listen to music or other white noise. I just like peace and quiet.

https://ultimatebarkcontrol.com/pages/shut-neighbor-dog-up?msclkid=2eeb1e11f33918ebb337419a072326cd&utm_source=bing&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=.Bark%20-%20US%20-%20Search%20-%20Broad%20-%20MOD&utm_term=%2Bstop%20%2Bneighbor%20%2Bdog%20%2Bbarki ng&utm_content=Neighbors%3A%20Stop%20Dog%20Barking

Just jewgled it, don't know nuthin about it.

ziero0
18th October 2020, 04:30 AM
There is no sound in a dog's bark.

The sound happens soon after your ear detects energy in air motion. The ear converts the motion energy to nerve energy. At this point it is still not sound.

The nerve energy gets communicated with the brain. The perception and interpretation of sound occurs in the brain and a sound is born.

You are the creator of the sound. You also have created the irritation associated with the sound.

The way you handle the dog bark you created might be a metaphor for how you handle a nuisance election (or a nuisance pandemic) (or a nuisance ice age or global warming) (or Democrats)..

woodman
18th October 2020, 06:05 AM

The sound happens soon after your ear detects energy in air motion. The ear converts the motion energy to nerve energy. At this point it is still not sound.

The nerve energy gets communicated with the brain. The perception and interpretation of sound occurs in the brain and a sound is born.

You are the creator of the sound. You also have created the irritation associated with the sound.

The way you handle the dog bark you created might be a metaphor for how you handle a nuisance election (or a nuisance pandemic) (or a nuisance ice age or global warming) (or Democrats)..
This is actually quite true. A wise man once said "Your life consists of two things; the facts of your life and how you hold them." I am not holding this barking very well but I suppose I can always move away. If I could only adopt the method my old friend used for his mothers' 'barking'.......

Bigjon
18th October 2020, 06:13 AM

May be or maybe a reason to put you on ignore. Analysis starts with anal.

woodman
18th October 2020, 06:14 AM
Toss out a firecracker when they start barking, or fire your shotgun into the air.
I've considered this route, all the way up to a claymore. This guy is buddies with the sheriff and the local conservation officer and I am not. I believe they all hang out together at the mason's lodge.

Bigjon
18th October 2020, 06:26 AM
May be or maybe a reason to put you on ignore. Analysis starts with anal.

Just kidding.

ziero0
18th October 2020, 08:17 AM
Just kidding.

In your universe I am simply the echo of a thought. I didn't create the thought. You did. You don't ignore me. You ignore your own creation.

Doesn't matter much to me one way or the other.

ziero0
18th October 2020, 08:21 AM
This is actually quite true. A wise man once said "Your life consists of two things; the facts of your life and how you hold them." I am not holding this barking very well but I suppose I can always move away. If I could only adopt the method my old friend used for his mothers' 'barking'.......

Whenever things irritate me (predominantly coworkers) I either move away or move closer. People F* with me only if they want me to become almost sickenly friendly. If I do this then frequently they are the ones who move away.

woodman
18th October 2020, 08:42 AM
Whenever things irritate me (predominantly coworkers) I either move away or move closer. People F* with me only if they want me to become almost sickenly friendly. If I do this then frequently they are the ones who move away.
Devilishly clever! You know, you can be a bit of a condescending dick ziero0 but I really don't think you mean any offense.

A quote from your post to Bigjon: "Doesn't matter much to me one way or the other." If you really didn't care, you would not have stated that it didn't matter. Psych!

ziero0
18th October 2020, 09:15 AM
A quote from your post to Bigjon: " If you really didn't care, you would not have stated that it didn't matter. Psych!

Lawyer trick.

If you want to get rid of your neighbor invite them all over for coffeecake. There can be no animosity between neighbors who share a coffeecake.

Be sure to have dog treats handy.

If they like you they won't bark at you.

woodman
18th October 2020, 12:21 PM
Lawyer trick.

If you want to get rid of your neighbor invite them all over for coffeecake. There can be no animosity between neighbors who share a coffeecake.

Be sure to have dog treats handy.

If they like you they won't bark at you.
I did invite him over for a beer. He was cursing because I had come over to complain about his dogs. "Get the fuck off my property." "OK, I'm leaving but you are welcome at my place anytime. Come on over and have a beer."

I think they have an attitude because they wanted to run their fire wood business from the front yard of their 1 1/2 acre lot. I own the land and the lots around them. It was making a lot of noise and they were parking log trucks on the road in front of my property. Firewood processor that cuts and splits logs was running day after day and making lots of noise. I went over and asked them what their intention was and kindly pointed out that they had signed paperwork stating that they understood and would abide by covenants upon the platted lot they bought. The covenants state "No business to be run from the lot. Only residential purposes. They became quite nasty. "What are you going to do? Call the cops?" I told them "I would never do that. I am only here to see what your intentions are and to point out the covenants that you agreed to." I think it really angered them that I would be so bold. Some people simply don't care about other people. They are inconsiderate. If I was doing something that bothered my neighbor and they pointed it out, I would remedy as fast as possible.

I am older now and have worked all my life. All I want is peace and quiet. It is what it is.....

ziero0
18th October 2020, 12:55 PM
Did you sell the lot to him? Or how did you know what covenants he agreed to?

I bought a property in the Dragoons with covenants. One of them is I can't grow cotton. There was no sacrifice in agreeing. I have never heard of anyone growing cotton on the side of a volcano. Besides which I equate cotton with slavery and choose to not participate.

If I recall you are in Michigan. Running a business on property classed residential is a matter for the county. If he is being enriched unjustly it is a matter for the IRS. When karma catches up with this guy be sure to have an alibi.

hoarder
18th October 2020, 02:03 PM
Covenants and zoning are two different things. County enforces zoning. You can only get covenants enforced by filing a suit and letting civil courts decide.

I bought a lakefront property in Texas once and there were no covenants (deed restrictions). The lots on both sides all had covenants. I had intended to put a mobile home on it and when I told a neighbor he (and the other neighbor) got his nose out of joint and got real nasty with me. I sold the lot at a nice profit to someone else and moved on.
The real villain in such a situation is the realtor. Realtors routinely advertise that lots have "protective covenants". Buyers don't ever want covenants, they want adjacent properties to have covenants, but neither realtors nor title companies choose to disclose that important detail.

ziero0
18th October 2020, 02:25 PM
Covenants attached to conveyances never expire. In the other hand the question is who is going to enforce them. If the original conveyor isn't available I guess nobody else has standing.

The dead really suck at enforcing covenants.

hoarder
18th October 2020, 02:54 PM
Covenants attached to conveyances never expire. Unless they specifically have an expiration date.
In the other hand the question is who is going to enforce them. If the original conveyor isn't available I guess nobody else has standing.

The dead really suck at enforcing covenants.Lawsuits enforce them.

ziero0
18th October 2020, 03:05 PM
Unless they specifically have an expiration date
A conveyance with a covenant is the Louisiana Purchase. It has no expiration date.

Lawsuits enforce them.
Karma enforces them.

hoarder
18th October 2020, 03:24 PM
Does anyone else smell bagels?

ziero0
18th October 2020, 03:45 PM
Does anyone else smell bagels?

Mmmm!! Bagels!

woodman
18th October 2020, 06:04 PM
I didn't sell him the lot. I was very busy when the lot went up for sale and I wasn't dead set on accuiring it. Hindsight is 20/20. I do own all the lots around him and it is all of a single platted area. The previous neighbors were never a problem. I slowly bought all the land around me after having problems with meth labs and barking dogs and heavy traffic/music with loud bass. I could go on. Lots of fucktardery over the years. Long story short; I need about 1000 acres and to put my home in the very middle. I love people, just don't like neighbors.

I could get shitty and put some hogs upwind from him and make life a misery/decimate his property value, but this is not my way. I'll figure it out but I really don't want to get nasty. If only people would be considerate.

ziero0
18th October 2020, 10:06 PM
"If only people would be considerate."
They usually are but that generally happens after they have tried everything else.

osoab
23rd October 2020, 03:25 PM
Golden Marlin.

woodman
23rd October 2020, 04:05 PM
Golden Marlin.
Looked it up. Fly killer that will kill racoons. I can't use any poison or hurt the dogs. It's not the dogs fault, but the owners. Now if there was some substance that would shred the vocal chords, I might be tempted but killing them is off the table.

My old buddy Bill who was a wild man, had a problem with his neighbors dog. This is just down the road from me. The dog was running all over his place and chasing cats and pissing off Bill's dogs. Bill asked the guy to reign his dog in. The guy says, "Well, a dog's gonna do what a dog's gonna do." Bill did what he had to do. Gave it the three esses; Shoot, shovel, shut-up.

Kind of a funny story; same dog but different year. A german shepard shows up chasing my cats and being a nuisance. I thought I had run it off. That night we had a hell of a thunder storm. I had gone to bed early and my wife came home from her evening job, wakes me up and says there is a dog in the shower. I go in the bathroom and sure enough, that german shepard is laying down in the shower with it's head sticking out into the bathroom. I had to drag it out, because it didn't want to go. Fought me all the way. I talked to the owner and turns out the dog was frightened to hell of thunder storms and also knew how to open screen doors with it's paws. So the thing is scared of the storm, comes in my house while I'm sleeping and gets into the shower. My wife gets home and goes to pee and as she is doing her business she hears this 'Panting'. She looks over and sticking out of the shower stall is this huge dog head and big red tongue hanging out. Freaked her out.