PDA

View Full Version : vitamin D

cheka.
29th December 2020, 03:52 PM
lots of docs going public about it's ability to help people fight the flu

our board doc taught me that vit d pills dont work. sunlight is the ticket

yet the media articles and doctors are imploring people to take the pill, with never a mention of sun :mad:

my hypochondriac sister was low on vit d in her blood work. doc prescribed vit d pills. she ate them like candy.

went back to get blood work tested again -- NO IMPROVEMENT AT ALL

all the while i'm repeating the words of the gsus doc -- sunlight sunlight sunlight. she finally listened -- and did two weeks soaking up some sun.

went back for more blood work -- her vit d level DOUBLED from the sun exposure :cool:

JDRock
29th December 2020, 07:06 PM
synth vit D is worthless.

Ares
30th December 2020, 10:16 AM
synth vit D is worthless.

Not true, if you get the correct kind. Sunlight is definitely the best form of D3, however people living up north are not going to go outside with short sleeved shirts, shorts and what not to soak up the sun when the temps are below freezing.

Cholecalciferol is the form of D3 that is made by the skin, you can also get the SAME form of it via supplement but you have to look carefully at the ingredient. It should not be bound to any other agent or filler. A good supplement will be rated at 1000 IU or higher, I currently take 10,000 IU in the winter months to supplement my lack of sun exposure. During the summer months I do not supplement D3 at all as I get plenty during the spring, and summer.

hoarder
30th December 2020, 10:46 AM
People who live up North don't get much vitamin D from the sun since little of our skin is exposed in the winter. The vitamin industry is not very well regulated and there is probably a lot of variation in quality between brands and products. I take both tablets and sublingual drops of D3. I'll report back next month after I go in for blood tests.

Shami-Amourae
30th December 2020, 11:38 AM
Cod Liver Oil is the best form of Vitamin D.

Use the brands listed here for the best results:
https://www.westonaprice.org/health-topics/cod-liver-oil/cod-liver-oil-basics-and-recommendations/

Serpo
30th December 2020, 03:17 PM
Fact is most people need more than 50,000 IU a day for a number of weeks to build up requirements in the body. Vit D works with GCMAF to fight disease in the operation of the immune system. 10,000 IU capsules are available.
Bill Gates wants to dim the sun so we get less vit D and so we have more disease so he can sell more vaccines.
Iodine and vit D are keys to your health but the quantities needed to build up requirements in the body are a lot more than most people realize.
Vit D is not absorbed when the sun is less than 30 degrees in the sky.

VitD doctor http://drholick.com/

Iodine doc https://wellnessmama.com/podcast/alan-christianson/

cheka.
30th December 2020, 04:44 PM
they sell those lights for depression/seasonality disorder -- think those might help the people in the north?