PDA

View Full Version : The internet used to be free...

madfranks
1st April 2010, 09:31 AM
Is what we'll be telling our kids and grand kids one day (if we all last that long). I can't help but wonder if the end of GIM and the spawn of GIM2 is just a consolidation of control from what was one of the freest sites filled with real information on the net. GIM used to be free, but it very clearly now is not.

How much longer can the internet be free? Take this forum for example; gold-silver.us was created out of the dying GIM. Is this site going to remain free? And for how long until it suffocates and dies? Will there be others after this? I'd like to think so, but after witnessing the destruction of GIM, well, let's just say that's a pretty heavy blow to my faith in the "free" arena of the internet.

wildcard
1st April 2010, 09:47 AM
As I've been trying to say, we're on our own. WE have to be able to stand alone. To make friends and create small communities offline to spread information. It's nice to have a place to find validation, but don't let it be a crutch.

So many people were running around like chickens with their heads cut off yesterday. We have to branch out and we have to be able to stand alone when it's necessary.

Ponce
1st April 2010, 10:24 AM
Like "free" tv........why do you think that they got rid of the rabbit ears?, soon you will be paying for what you see.

Gaillo
1st April 2010, 05:40 PM
NOTHING is free (except air). Some things just delay the "payment" longer than others! ;D