PDA

View Full Version : What I have learned from the shut down of GIM

madfranks
1st April 2010, 11:58 AM
As most here would probably agree, the topics discussed and opinions disseminated on GIM made that site stand out heads and shoulders above most forums. I thought most GIMmers were able to tell the wheat from the chaff, the BS from the truth. The past couple days have changed that belief for me. Swiftly and without notice, it was announced that GIM was shutting down and a new "improved" GIM had been specially prepared just for us. Details as to why it was shut down were not clear, and what was told didn't seem to fit the magnitude of the event. Within 24 hours, the majority of members allowed themselves to be herded to the new site, without demanding to know exactly why this modern treasure trove of information was being destroyed! There is something wrong with a person or group of people willing to destroy the wealth of knowledge built up on that site, especially in this day and age. That alone should have raised red flags all over the place. It would have been easy to refuse joining until things were made clear, but few have actually taken that stand. It seems that many members would rather play ignorant, maybe knowing deep down that something is wrong but forcing themselves to ignore it, because it's easier than facing what GIM has become. "Come to your new home", the gov't agent says, "it's just like your old home, but better". And the majority will follow.

That's what I learned from the shut down of GIM.

sirgonzo420
1st April 2010, 12:03 PM
I know what you mean.

I did join the new site though.

I'm not afraid of those who ran GIM, or those who now run GIM2.

Besides, they have my IP address and other info from where I donated to GIM in the past.

As far as the new site goes, I don't know if I'll stick around or not.

wildcard
1st April 2010, 12:05 PM
There are/were still a lot of "sheep" at GIM. And the denial was palpable. I'd gone over my theory in dysgenic's post where I said I thought it was like the 5 stages of grief.

1. denial
2. anger
3. bargaining
4. depression
5. acceptance

I can clearly remember experiencing 4 out of the 5.

wildcard
1st April 2010, 12:07 PM
I know what you mean.

Besides, they have my IP address and other info from where I donated to GIM in the past.

That's good SG420. If more people stopped being afraid we'd be on the road to recovery. If people are scared of speaking the truth on the net then they sure as hell aren't going to speak it in public.

*speaking of dysgenic, anyone got his email?

wildcard
1st April 2010, 12:20 PM
Some folks get stuck at denial. Americans are big doe eyed trusting dopes.

PDT
1st April 2010, 12:22 PM
I also found the level of "acceptance" of that situation very odd... so many of GIM's so-called "enlightened" just went along with the program, signed up on the new site like it was nothing, and watched as the controllers BURNED 2 million historic posts from over 5,000 users with barely a day's notice.

To HELL with GIM2 and it's creators... what they did is criminal, and I'll be the LAST person to sign up there and legitimize their crime.

Hear, hear!

JohnQPublic
1st April 2010, 12:24 PM
Folks- has anyone saved the site? I know a few people talked about it. I have not had a chance to, and being banned makes it a little difficult (but deleting cookies gets you back on).

Maybe if we had the site, we could extract some info. and put into a databease or something?

DMac
1st April 2010, 12:28 PM
I also found the level of "acceptance" of that situation very odd... so many of GIM's so-called "enlightened" just went along with the program, signed up on the new site like it was nothing, and watched as the controllers BURNED 2 million historic posts from over 5,000 users with barely a day's notice.

To HELL with GIM2 and it's creators... what they did is criminal, and I'll be the LAST person to sign up there and legitimize their crime.

I was leaning towards an elaborate April Fools! hoax regarding the gim2 site, but something tells me there is more than just simple tomfoolery afoot.

Taking down the site was wrong on so many levels. If the feds were involved somehow as an investigation or something (and I strongly doubt it) I think there would have been more clues.

Personally I think GIM is going honeypot. With all the militia nonsense going on, GIM as a "paper militia" was bound to be targeted. We all know there were various acronym agents all over the site. With the rise in popularity of the sovereignty discussions, skyvike likely working with the bad guys, I think there is the possibility GIM will become a live op used to gather dissidents.

As Hypertiger said, you are all morons. Never has his meaning been more clear.

sirgonzo420
1st April 2010, 12:29 PM
Folks- has anyone saved the site? I know a few people talked about it. I have not had a chance to, and being banned makes it a little difficult (but deleting cookies gets you back on).

Maybe if we had the site, we could extract some info. and put into a databease or something?

Here is a link to a site that someone posted which hosts the archived subforums that specsaregood made available:

http://mrcoaster.com/GIM/

Alternative Health (1.72MB)
Beginners (706KB)
Colloidal Silver (1.13MB)
Conspiracies (32.7MB)
Faith and Religion (25.0MB)
Firearms (10.6MB)
Numismatics (10.4MB)
PM Dealer Feedback (1.53MB)
Prospecting (1.07MB)
Ron Paul (7.74MB)
Survival Prep (24.9MB)

wildcard
1st April 2010, 12:30 PM
We're well armed morons! ;D

madfranks
1st April 2010, 12:38 PM
Here is a link to a site that someone posted which hosts the archived subforums that specsaregood made available:

Beginners (706KB)
Conspiracies (32.7MB)
Firearms (10.6MB)
Numismatics (10.4MB)
Prospecting (1.07MB)
Ron Paul (7.74MB)
Survival Prep (24.9MB)

Woo hoo! There was some stuff in the numismatic section I didn't want to lose, thanks for the link!

sirgonzo420
1st April 2010, 12:41 PM
Woo hoo! There was some stuff in the numismatic section I didn't want to lose, thanks for the link!

You're welcome!

I think there are more archived threads floating around... and I'll bet there is an entire copy of General Discussion somewhere (besides the hands of the former mods).

I'll post more links as I find them.

SHTF2010
1st April 2010, 12:43 PM

Beginners (706KB)
Conspiracies (32.7MB)
Firearms (10.6MB)
Numismatics (10.4MB)
Prospecting (1.07MB)
Ron Paul (7.74MB)
Survival Prep (24.9MB)

the only one i saved was Survival Prep

i know the zionists have too much power/influence in north america
and the sheeple love their bread & circuses rather than face reality
and i do believe TSHTF is coming soon

i'm just prepping as best i can now

Book
1st April 2010, 12:47 PM

http://www.torproject.org/

Register and logon using Tor. Our fellow goyim at GIM-1 demonstrated that they are collectively too stupid now to notice that what you say is Truth. We need to accept that ZOG teevee and public schools have taken it's toll on America. Trust no one.

General of Darkness
1st April 2010, 12:52 PM
As most here would probably agree, the topics discussed and opinions disseminated on GIM made that site stand out heads and shoulders above most forums. I thought most GIMmers were able to tell the wheat from the chaff, the BS from the truth. The past couple days have changed that belief for me. Swiftly and without notice, it was announced that GIM was shutting down and a new "improved" GIM had been specially prepared just for us. Details as to why it was shut down were not clear, and what was told didn't seem to fit the magnitude of the event. Within 24 hours, the majority of members allowed themselves to be herded to the new site, without demanding to know exactly why this modern treasure trove of information was being destroyed! There is something wrong with a person or group of people willing to destroy the wealth of knowledge built up on that site, especially in this day and age. That alone should have raised red flags all over the place. It would have been easy to refuse joining until things were made clear, but few have actually taken that stand. It seems that many members would rather play ignorant, maybe knowing deep down that something is wrong but forcing themselves to ignore it, because it's easier than facing what GIM has become. "Come to your new home", the gov't agent says, "it's just like your old home, but better". And the majority will follow.

That's what I learned from the shut down of GIM.

I couldn't agree more. My RADAR has been off the scale

crazychicken
1st April 2010, 01:07 PM

Very well put.

CC

mick silver
1st April 2010, 01:27 PM

I was leaning towards an elaborate April Fools! hoax regarding the gim2 site, but something tells me there is more than just simple tomfoolery afoot.

Taking down the site was wrong on so many levels. If the feds were involved somehow as an investigation or something (and I strongly doubt it) I think there would have been more clues.

Personally I think GIM is going honeypot. With all the militia nonsense going on, GIM as a "paper militia" was bound to be targeted. We all know there were various acronym agents all over the site. With the rise in popularity of the sovereignty discussions, skyvike likely working with the bad guys, I think there is the possibility GIM will become a live op used to gather dissidents.

what you just said hit my with a ton of rocks

sunshine05
1st April 2010, 01:40 PM

what you just said hit my with a ton of rocks

I think you may be right. I've been thinking a lot about this. I would have hoped if that were the case, they would have shut the site down and not started a new one. Since they started a new one, it really makes me wonder what is up. And they are all so matter of fact about it, even laughing about it. What if - I know this is "out there" but what if they are not who they claim to be anymore? What if it is just a bunch of agents posting as them?

Since they gave us so little explanation, it's hard to trust the new site, or them. I know I don't feel comfortable posting there.

hoarder
1st April 2010, 01:42 PM
I for one intend to continue posting on GIM2. Many of you were sheep before you weren't. Many of you were in denial before you weren't. It's a good thing someone was there to steer you towards the obvious.

This forum is great, but preaching to the choir is unfullfilling. It's a good place for us to exchange notes about goings on at other forums but do so with the understanding that what we say here may be quoted elsewhere.
Unless the masses sign up here, this is not a replacement for GIM, just a good sideline. You can't awaken the masses if they're somewhere else.

My purpose and objective on the internet is to expose corruption. I will try not to get emotional or jump to conclusions about others I meet on the web. Just because someone disagrees with me does not make him a bad person nor my enemy. Anger and hostility is not the way to win people over to our side. Many will never be won over to our side but we don't need to goad them into becoming deeply entrenced enemies.

The Protocols mentioned the "agentur" many times. The agentur is not our enemy. TPTB understand psychology better than we do and that is to our great disadvantage. Please try to calculate the psychological responses of others and avoid alienating anyone at all if possible.

JMO.

chud
1st April 2010, 01:45 PM
Since they gave us so little explanation, it's hard to trust the new site, or them. I know I don't feel comfortable posting there.

Well said. I wasn't really actively involved in the threads where a lot of the arguing and banning occurred, so I don't have strong feelings about the mods over at GiM. But what gets me is the odd way in which the old site was torched and the new one launched, with no explanation as to why. It's like an inside joke that everyone is in on except for us. Frankly I don't want to hang out with people who are not including me in the conversation.

madfranks
1st April 2010, 02:16 PM
I think you may be right. I've been thinking a lot about this. I would have hoped if that were the case, they would have shut the site down and not started a new one. Since they started a new one, it really makes me wonder what is up. And they are all so matter of fact about it, even laughing about it. What if - I know this is "out there" but what if they are not who they claim to be anymore? What if it is just a bunch of agents posting as them?

Wouldn't members who personally know the mods be able to verify if they disappeared?

Also... a few months before GIM went down, member <SLV> posted a warning to the forum that he was personally contacted by people who he believed to be federal agents trying to set him up, trying to draw him into an illegal arms sale. He warned everyone to watch their backs. We all know GIM was monitored, and we all know that in this political climate, any poster on GIM could be considered a "terrorist", and any one of us could be convicted of "conspiracy to (insert charge here)". It very well may be that GIM was seized and GIM2 is a full-on operation under the direct control of the gov't. If this theory is true (and I don't know one way or another, just going with it for the sake of discussion), everyone on GIM2 better watch what they say; by registering at GIM2 you may have just given your email (and by extension, your identity) to the feds and everything you post now might be saved to be used as evidence against you. Anonymous poster on a privately owned forum? Hard to incriminate. Known poster who registered on a fed owned/controlled forum? Easy to incriminate.

crazychicken
1st April 2010, 02:47 PM

Well said. I wasn't really actively involved in the threads where a lot of the arguing and banning occurred, so I don't have strong feelings about the mods over at GiM. But what gets me is the odd way in which the old site was torched and the new one launched, with no explanation as to why. It's like an inside joke that everyone is in on except for us. Frankly I don't want to hang out with people who are not including me in the conversation.

This is the part that gets me. It seems so diametrically opposed to GIMs stated mission. The statement " I don't want to hang out with people who are not including me in the conversation" is spot on.

CC

Horn
1st April 2010, 03:01 PM
But what gets me is the odd way in which the old site was torched and the new one launched, with no explanation as to why. It's like an inside joke that everyone is in on except for us. Frankly I don't want to hang out with people who are not including me in the conversation.
[/quote]

My feelings exactly, and to which I was actively involved in threads with bannings & closings, and it made it all that much worse.

I had somewhere around 12000 posts on that old site. From 05

Designed the backside of their coin, and still couldn't get a response when questions were asked.

Only the second string recent mods. would answer, the first string founders never replied.

Ponce
1st April 2010, 03:26 PM
To tell you the truth guys, even if I was unable to post in the old GIM I was proud of that site......it became more famous that even "TimeBomb2,000".

But of course after I was banned four years ago it did degraded somehow hahaahahaah.

Libertytree
1st April 2010, 03:53 PM
Howdy yaw'll,

Normally I just lurk while at work and post only from home but I had to make an exception after seeing
Ponce reference Timebomb2K, holy sh!t, now that brings back some days!!!

Thanks Ponce.

So, I'm usually one of the lurkers. I have some thoughts to share as well but that'll have to wait.

Horn
1st April 2010, 04:50 PM
To tell you the truth guys, even if I was unable to post in the old GIM I was proud of that site......it became more famous that even "TimeBomb2,000".

But of course after I was banned four years ago it did degraded somehow hahaahahaah.

Did you manage to lay your hands on a couple GIM rounds?

Gaillo
1st April 2010, 04:57 PM
Howdy yaw'll,

Normally I just lurk while at work and post only from home but I had to make an exception after seeing

Thanks Ponce.

So, I'm usually one of the lurkers. I have some thoughts to share as well but that'll have to wait.

Welcome, Libertytree!!! Glad you could make it over here - you were always one of my favorite GIM members!
This place is just getting started, but already there are so many great GIM members signed up, it's almost like distilling all the "essence" out of GIM and making a new forum out of it! ;D

wildcard
1st April 2010, 07:20 PM
'If the mountain will not come to Muhammad, then Muhammad must go to the mountain'

I ain't hauling water to GIM2. IF we build this place up they will come here.

"If you build it they will come!"

Libertytree
1st April 2010, 07:41 PM
Howdy yaw'll,

Thanks Ponce.

Welcome, Libertytree!!! Glad you could make it over here - you were always one of my favorite GIM members!
This place is just getting started, but already there are so many great GIM members signed up, it's almost like distilling all the "essence" out of GIM and making a new forum out of it! ;D

Thanks Gaillo, the feeling is mutual my friend. I see many G1 "faces" that I respect coming in, it's good that's happening.

Yeah, this whole deal's been a trip, one learns a lot when even a little SHTF, and even from ones self sometimes. In haste I registered at G2 but I knew this morning it's not the place for me and that thought has only been solidified as I've studied what's transpired throughout the day.

sirgonzo420
1st April 2010, 08:18 PM
I know what you mean.

That's good SG420. If more people stopped being afraid we'd be on the road to recovery. If people are scared of speaking the truth on the net then they sure as hell aren't going to speak it in public.

*speaking of dysgenic, anyone got his email?

I saw him on the other site and sent him a PM with a link here.

Book
2nd April 2010, 11:07 AM
I for one intend to continue posting on GIM2. Many of you were sheep before you weren't. Many of you were in denial before you weren't. It's a good thing someone was there to steer you towards the obvious.

This forum is great, but preaching to the choir is unfullfilling. It's a good place for us to exchange notes about goings on at other forums but do so with the understanding that what we say here may be quoted elsewhere.
Unless the masses sign up here, this is not a replacement for GIM, just a good sideline. You can't awaken the masses if they're somewhere else....

http://goldismoney2.com/showthread.php?920-Free-Speech.-GIM2.-Gone.&p=4262#post4262

Gee...if so...why did you fail to actually post a real link to here at GIM2 instead of just talking about us at GIM2?

Just askin'

::)

Olmstein
2nd April 2010, 11:55 AM
http://goldismoney2.com/showthread.php?920-Free-Speech.-GIM2.-Gone.&p=4262#post4262

Gee...if so...why did you fail to actually post a real link to here at GIM2 instead of just talking about us at GIM2?

Just askin'

I know this wasn't directed at me, but your taunting is a little annoying and childish, Book. I'm sure the reason that Hoarder didn't post a link is that he knew it would be quickly deleted by the mods over there. Hoarder is well known to be a stand-up guy and you diminish yourself by trying to call him out here.

I propose we stop posting links to GIM2 over here,and stop talking about it soon. If this site is to flourish, it can't be just a place to bitch about other forums. That is part of what killed the Agora, IMHO.

Olmstein
2nd April 2010, 11:59 AM
And what did I learn about GIM going away? I learned that the internet, like life is constantly changing, and the best we can do is roll with changes.

Also, if you don't hold it, you don't own it. G-Kahn had the server access to do whatever he wanted with his database, not me or you. Every addition each of us make to these databases is a gift that we no longer own once we hit enter.

sirgonzo420
2nd April 2010, 12:00 PM
I propose we stop posting links to GIM2 over here,and stop talking about it soon. If this site is to flourish, it can't be just a place to bitch about other forums. That is part of what killed the Agora, IMHO.

FANTASTIC suggestion! I'm just as guilty as most here of GIM bashing - but eventually we all need to say "enough's enough" and move on.

I'm seeing signs that this is already starting to happen - posting of news stories, "The Chow", etc. as well as a few ACTUAL METALS RELATED posts in the Gold/Silver/Etc. sections! ;D

Let's make this place LIVE, people - pecking at an old corpse (GIM) will do nothing but cause us disease if it keeps up!

Right, but I still think it wouldn't be bad to recruit new blood here.

(I recommend former GIMmers, for starters)

Part of the problem with the Agora was too much 'preaching to the choir'.

Heimdhal
2nd April 2010, 12:26 PM
As soon as my wife lets me get some friends, I'll invite them over here!

MoShaniqua
2nd April 2010, 12:34 PM

After migrating to GIM2 and perusing for a couple of days, I get a bad feeling about the place. The site is owned by skykyte, who most of us know is employed by the gov't, and is also an active, ranking freemason. Something smells fishy and not has made any sense.

JJ.G0ldD0t
2nd April 2010, 12:39 PM
MoShaniqua ?

who are you?

MoShaniqua
2nd April 2010, 01:19 PM
New name -- long story

aka Bull_Ion

AlterEgo
2nd April 2010, 01:39 PM

Indeed!

Book
2nd April 2010, 01:49 PM
I propose we stop posting links to GIM2 over here, and stop talking about it soon.

Of course you do. Why is that?

Olmstein
2nd April 2010, 01:55 PM
I propose we stop posting links to GIM2 over here, and stop talking about it soon.

Of course you do. Why is that?

Because as long as we keep talking about GIM and GIM2, this place will always be in their shadow.

And your trolling/baiting won't work on me, Book. Try someone else.

Book
2nd April 2010, 02:07 PM
I know this wasn't directed at me, but your taunting is a little annoying and childish, Book. I'm sure the reason that Hoarder didn't post a link is that he knew it would be quickly deleted by the mods over there. Hoarder is well known to be a stand-up guy and you diminish yourself by trying to call him out here.

1) it wasn't directed at you.

2) "taunting" and "annoying" and "childish" and "you diminish yourself" ad hominems.

3) members here who post about GIM2 will make Olmstein mad.

Olmstein
2nd April 2010, 02:27 PM

1) it wasn't directed at you.

That's why I started my post with "I know this wasn't directed at me".

2) "taunting" and "annoying" and "childish" and "you diminish yourself" ad hominems.

Like your sly insinuations aren't ad hominem attacks themselves.

3) members here who post about GIM2 will make Olmstein mad.

Now your putting words in my mouth. Nothing anybody does on the internet is going to make me mad. It's the freakin' internet FFS. I just think it would be best for this forum to move on at some point. I didn't say immediately, but soon, maybe a few weeks, who knows. And I didn't propose any punishment for mentioning the place, but GIM2 should be mentioned here about as often as Kitco or the Gold Eagle were mentioned at GIM. IMHO

mick silver
2nd April 2010, 02:28 PM
i dont know if you guys have seen this it from g khan ...... Because I would rather it be kept quite until I have my shit together - I will say this - I plan to attack TPTB and I need it right and I don't want them knowing before hand!

k-os
2nd April 2010, 02:52 PM
What I learned from the shut down of GIM:

- I took GIM for granted.
- I needed better contact information for some people. Just in case.
- Some people really do not handle change well. Myself included.
- Some people who preach about privacy and private property don't necessarily give a hoot for someone else's privacy or private property rights. Hypocrisy is alive and well.

Argentium
3rd April 2010, 08:11 AM
[quote]

After migrating to GIM2 and perusing for a couple of days, I get a bad feeling about the place. The site is owned by skykyte, who most of us know is employed by the gov't, and is also an active, ranking freemason. Something smells fishy and not has made any sense.

Your post pretty much summarizes my opinions of GIM2, there's a distinct chill in the air over there, the iron fist in the velvet glove, etc. There's a resemblance to the original and the same people, but the soul of the place is gone.

I'm going to minimize my input about the GIM1/GIM2 situation and try to focus and what we have here and now on this site. Happy to be aboard!!

Desolation LineTrimmer
3rd April 2010, 09:17 AM
Did you manage to lay your hands on a couple GIM rounds?

GIM rounds were always collector's items but now they really are.

etc
3rd April 2010, 11:15 AM

I FEAR YOU ARE right on the money here.

Saul Mine
3rd April 2010, 03:17 PM
The world has such a flood of craziness that I don't even try to analyze specific examples. I feel like a rose in an onion patch wherever I go.

Ares
3rd April 2010, 03:27 PM
Hi guys, just joined. I go on a business trip and come back and all hell breaks loose.

wildcard
3rd April 2010, 04:12 PM
Welcome Ares! Be careful...the paranoia is at witch hunt levels!

saint
3rd April 2010, 07:23 PM

This is the part that gets me. It seems so diametrically opposed to GIMs stated mission. The statement " I don't want to hang out with people who are not including me in the conversation" is spot on.

CC

X2

dysgenic
3rd April 2010, 07:41 PM
I think we can catch a glimpse of what is likely to happen in the event of a mass internet shutdown/migration to internet 2. It seems likely the following would happen:

1. most will go along with the program
2. but some won't
3. the minority will be very commited and very steadfast
4. someone will start a 'pirate' NW
5. we'll find out (mostly) who the contenders and pretenders really are

Carl
3rd April 2010, 07:43 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gb_qHP7VaZE :P

Hey guys!

dysgenic
3rd April 2010, 07:44 PM
Good to see you here, Carl. I think I may have had it out with you once or twice, but that doesn't mean I don't respect you.

dys

wildcard
3rd April 2010, 07:46 PM
Splitter!

General of Darkness
3rd April 2010, 07:48 PM
I didn't leave GIM, GIM left me. Sounds like a break up, but they'll think about us.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-oKxpQrRY4

Carl
3rd April 2010, 07:59 PM
Good to see you here, Carl. I think I may have had it out with you once or twice, but that doesn't mean I don't respect you.

dys
I'm sorry, I don't remember, my memory has been erased............

I don't know if I'm up to rebuilding gravitas, yet again...

Ares
3rd April 2010, 08:51 PM
Thanks Wilcard nice to see so many good GIM posters here.

Good to see ya Carl.

cigarlover
3rd April 2010, 11:09 PM

I'm with you, I'll never sign up over there. well, maybe for all the gold in China but thats the only way I would..

gunDriller
4th April 2010, 02:00 AM

i think some of them were glad to be rid of those of use who know the meaning of the term
New World Order = Jew World Order

also i think what became obvious to some of us immediately - it took me 24 hours - takes longer for others to recognize. nothing was said - not a peep from G-Khan.

his website - GIM - was shut down by the US government. more accurately described as the United States of Israel, government.

all we know is there's 24 hours notice. it's presented as, "could of been a business deal, or it got stressful, or something."

OK well actually it did get stressful, but normally what happens in those situations is, people DELEGATE - not shut down a VALUABLE ENTERPRISE THAT CAN BE TRADED FOR SERIOUS METAL.

that's what G-Khan did. i doubt he did if for free. SOP in such circumstances is the website is bought and shut down.

GoldisMoney.info was worth easily $500,000. that's 400 ounces of gold and quite a bit of silver. G-Khan did not just flush that kind of mineral wealth down the toilet - that's a guess but i think it's a safe guess.

Wandering Wastrel
4th April 2010, 04:04 AM
While I agree that if the forum continued in the long term to just bash GIM2 all the time, it wouldn't make for this being a good place, please don't stop talking about it just yet... some of us are taking a bit longer to find y'all over here, and as we wander in most will want to continue to discuss it.

Libertarian_Guard
4th April 2010, 04:40 AM

i think some of them were glad to be rid of those of use who know the meaning of the term
New World Order = Jew World Order

also i think what became obvious to some of us immediately - it took me 24 hours - takes longer for others to recognize. nothing was said - not a peep from G-Khan.

his website - GIM - was shut down by the US government. more accurately described as the United States of Israel, government.

all we know is there's 24 hours notice. it's presented as, "could of been a business deal, or it got stressful, or something."

OK well actually it did get stressful, but normally what happens in those situations is, people DELEGATE - not shut down a VALUABLE ENTERPRISE THAT CAN BE TRADED FOR SERIOUS METAL.

that's what G-Khan did. i doubt he did if for free. SOP in such circumstances is the website is bought and shut down.

GoldisMoney.info was worth easily $500,000. that's 400 ounces of gold and quite a bit of silver. G-Khan did not just flush that kind of mineral wealth down the toilet - that's a guess but i think it's a safe guess.

This makes no sense.

I'm sure the old GIM had $$$ value, but not to any government, that could have looked at everything for free, and find little of nothing of value in the way of intelligence. And now what? Spread everyone around, and still peep at them. Free speech can't be bought out by cash, at least not very effectively.

techguy
4th April 2010, 06:08 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gb_qHP7VaZE :P

Hey guys!

Good to see you carl!

1970 Silver Art
4th April 2010, 07:01 AM
What have I learned from the shut down of GIM? I learned several things:

1.) No forum will last forever.

2.) Hedge yourself - Become a member of more than just one forum with the same interests. In other words, become a member of several gold and silver forums. If one gold and silver "dies", then you will have another forum to post on. I currently post on 3 forums that cater to my interests as a collector of silver art bars as well as an interest to different viewpoints of the real world that is not MSM sugar-coated. They are Gold-Silver.US, GIM2, and Coin Talk.

3.) There is more to life than just posting on a forum of any kind. The "death" of GIM1 made me realize that there is more to life than just posting on a gold and silver forum. I ended up going out more and enjoying my life because life is short and I only live it once.

Gneisenau
4th April 2010, 08:24 AM
I learned two things:

1) I need to get used to archiving software
2) We need a forum to fall back to in case GS disappears overnight

sirgonzo420
4th April 2010, 08:32 AM
I learned two things:

1) I need to get used to archiving software
2) We need a forum to fall back to in case GS disappears overnight

Striped_bear started

forums.keepthis.net

as a permanent forum that won't be deleted, and without oppressive moderation.

StackerKen
4th April 2010, 10:09 AM
Im glad you are here Saul Mine

welcome

Hugo Chavez
4th April 2010, 01:02 PM
I may be stating the obvious, but the reason that has been foremost in my mind is simply a decline in freedom/what is acceptable in the US. Many of the posts in GIM1 are now considered to be actionable/illegal/terrorist/whatever. Call it what you will but a lot of what was on that site, although acceptable at the time, is now verboten. There was likely too much to go back and attempt to remove, ie: TA's "click-clicks- all 20,000 of them, so the obvious choice was to flush the toilet under the guise of an improvement and now taking steps to be a little more PC. I'm not saying that I agree with doing this, just calling a spade a spade, we are now in the USSA.

If things were left as they were GIM would have someday become a little more exciting that anyone would want.

Jmo, fwiw, etc.

Libertytree
4th April 2010, 01:10 PM
+K Hugo...certainly if not obviously possible.

Oh...I just busted your karma cherry.

Hugo Chavez
4th April 2010, 01:18 PM
+K Hugo...certainly if not obviously possible.

Oh...I just busted your karma cherry.

As long as you were thinking heterosexual thoughts while you did it.

If you want karma do this:

Titties.

techguy
4th April 2010, 01:22 PM
I may be stating the obvious, but the reason that has been foremost in my mind is simply a decline in freedom/what is acceptable in the US. Many of the posts in GIM1 are now considered to be actionable/illegal/terrorist/whatever. Call it what you will but a lot of what was on that site, although acceptable at the time, is now verboten. There was likely too much to go back and attempt to remove, ie: TA's "click-clicks- all 20,000 of them, so the obvious choice was to flush the toilet under the guise of an improvement and now taking steps to be a little more PC. I'm not saying that I agree with doing this, just calling a spade a spade, we are now in the USSA.

If things were left as they were GIM would have someday become a little more exciting that anyone would want.

Jmo, fwiw, etc.

That would have been a perfectly good explanation.. But everyone should not have been played as chumps.

Check please!!!!!!

Libertytree
4th April 2010, 01:26 PM
+K TG.

BeefJerky
4th April 2010, 01:33 PM
I have learned that a good group of people cannot be confused for long.

It seems that most are starting to see GIM2 for what it is.

Alot of good people have moved over here. If it wasn't for the membership here still posting at GIM2 as well, it would be virtually dead.

I predict that within 2 weeks all that will be left over there is a bunch of mods having a circle jerk with each other.

Libertytree
4th April 2010, 01:41 PM

Alot of good people have moved over here. If it wasn't for the membership here still posting at GIM2 as well, it would be virtually dead.

I predict that within 2 weeks all that will be left over there is a bunch of mods having a circle jerk with each other.

+K given Beef, I've alluded to this and believe it will be the eventual outcome, though it may happen over a longer term, it will happen.

Hugo Chavez
4th April 2010, 01:46 PM

If there are many mods I would suggest a daisy chain is more efficient.

Daisy Chain
What was once an innocent term to describe a ring of flowers attached together by their stems, now has a grown-up sexual connotation. A daisy chain refers to a group of more than two sexual partners, stimulating each other at the same time. While Partner A performs oral sex on Partner B, Partner B performs oral sex on Partner C, who performs oral sex on Partner D and so on, ultimately resulting in a chain where the last partner is pleasing the first partner. If enough people aren't available to link last to first there would then be an "odd man out." Giving and not receiving...

BeefJerky
4th April 2010, 01:51 PM
Look at the GIM2 site. The only one holding it together is people on this site.

Hell, Ponce has over a third of the new posts himself on the first page alone.

2 weeks this site passes GIM2, that's my prediction.

Only thing we need to do is a collective group effort similar to what Gangsta99 is doing by himself in our signature lines over there to get the guests and lurkers to realize this is where the "real" GIM went.

PS.....thanks for the karma