PDA

View Full Version : Does this sound like the real Russell Townsend?

PDT
1st April 2010, 12:18 PM
http://goldismoney2.com/showthread.php?437-What-happened-the-other-night

I don't believe the "G-khan" posting at GIM 2 is really the G-Khan.

JJ.G0ldD0t
1st April 2010, 12:20 PM
yer just being paraniod... gah ;D

Horn
1st April 2010, 12:32 PM
Yeah, that's Kahn, no doubt.

PDT
1st April 2010, 12:46 PM
Yeah, that's Kahn, no doubt.

OK, I'll take you guys' word for it.

Obviously not disconnecting from the GIM Enterprise as was rumored, eh?

Horn
1st April 2010, 12:53 PM
He and Pond are what made GIM what it once was. Their level headed moderation was the key.

If responded to not rightly he would think a good long while before clicking the ban button, and even discuss with the poster personally.

But would definitely defend himself most bluntly when need be.

Ponce
1st April 2010, 03:52 PM
Question ???..........who is "Founding Father?".........I really don't know anything about him.

AlterEgo
1st April 2010, 04:00 PM
Question ???..........who is "Founding Father?".........I really don't know anything about him.

And don't forget "Uncle".

MAGNES
1st April 2010, 04:08 PM
GOOD EVENING FRIENDS !

Stay in touch, it is the Easter weekend
many of us will not be posting.

Stay connected.

Horn
1st April 2010, 05:11 PM

Day trader, was responsible for most of the early postings when it was young.

Seems straight up to me.

PDT
1st April 2010, 05:14 PM

Did Founding Fathers move to GIM 2? His last few posts at GIM 1 seemed to indicate he was going away for good instead.

And what of Barnacle Bob? He seemed to be "in the know" and an honest guy, from what I know of him.

I never understood how there were like, what, 20 founding members/senior members, but Scorpio and Skyvike dominated any "controversy," without much from the rest.

Gaillo
1st April 2010, 05:19 PM
I never understood how there were like, what, 20 founding members/senior members, but Scorpio and Skyvike dominated any "controversy," without much from the rest.

I always wondered that too... it's almost as if they (and AMforPM) took over the whole thing! ArgentDragon was recently made a mod there too, he always struck me as a straight-up guy, and he didn't seem to have much real decision making clout either. I had a few conversations with ArgentDragon about unbannings, etc. and he always told me it was up to SkyVike and he'd have to clear it with him.

Horn
1st April 2010, 05:20 PM

Did Founding Fathers move to GIM 2? His last few posts at GIM 1 seemed to indicate he was going away for good instead.

And what of Barnacle Bob? He seemed to be "in the know" and an honest guy, from what I know of him.

BB was in hiding for like 3 years, and finally came out. With this recent action he probably went back inside for 3 years.

Is a shame...

madfranks
2nd April 2010, 06:37 AM
http://goldismoney2.com/showthread.php?437-What-happened-the-other-night

I don't believe the "G-khan" posting at GIM 2 is really the G-Khan.

I don't care if I'm paranoid or not, I don't believe this is G-Khan:

"Because I would rather it be kept quite until I have my shit together - I will say this - I plan to attack TPTB and I need it right and I don't want them knowing before hand!"

http://goldismoney2.com/showthread.php?437-What-happened-the-other-night&p=1357#post1357

Sounds more like someone (gov't agent?) pretending to be him and trying to provoke violent responses from other members.

JJ.G0ldD0t
2nd April 2010, 06:50 AM
BB was in hiding for like 3 years, and finally came out. With this recent action he probably went back inside for 3 years.

Is a shame...

Yeah I mentioned to someone else the other day that BB didn't make the jump.

Liked that guy

Horn
2nd April 2010, 09:17 AM

Is a shame...

Yeah I mentioned to someone else the other day that BB didn't make the jump.

Liked that guy

Keef too, does anyone knows where Keef is, or how to contact?

Brent
2nd April 2010, 10:29 AM
Keef too, does anyone knows where Keef is, or how to contact?

I believe he is no longer posting. I seem to remember him taking a break from GIM and only came back to say a few things before it went down.

JJ.G0ldD0t
2nd April 2010, 10:45 AM
It's so easy for the more mature guys to just lay it down.

its a shame- we can learn so much from them.

Heimdhal
2nd April 2010, 10:55 AM
Im not defending the actions Russ took with GIM,

but I was/am involved with his needing a writer, etc and I can assure you that no, from what we were told it has absolutley nothing to do with the site shutting down, at least on its face.

He asked me not to mention what it was until he was ready, and I will at least respect that, but it has more to do with wall street than the NSA/DHS.

It MAY have something to do with the site going down, but from what we talked about on the phone wednesday afternoon, it doesnt seem to.

He thinks its going to be a big blow against corruption...I dont share the same optimism, but it worth the effort.

I also dont believe he is truly telling us everything when it comes to GIM closing down. THere are so many contradictary stories at GIM. Some mods are saying they had 2 days to respond, others were saying a few months, and that they wasted time.

The thing being shut down by midnight, april 1st would seem to suggest some type of legal something being behind it, to me at least. I dont know, we all dont know. We got the shaft for whatever reason and well probably never know. Maybe he took a bullet for us and just cant say anything, maybe he through us under the bus to keep from taking a bullet.

JJ.G0ldD0t
2nd April 2010, 11:00 AM
The thing being shut down by midnight, april 1st would seem to suggest some type of legal something being behind it, to me at least. I dont know, we all dont know. We got the shaft for whatever reason and well probably never know. Maybe he took a bullet for us and just cant say anything, maybe he through us under the bus to keep from taking a bullet.

That's pretty well stated bro-

The thing that chaps my ass is - Why bother investing any time with it if it's just gonna be destroyed...

The icing on the cake is just the censorship / unwarrented bannings / ect.

PDT
2nd April 2010, 01:49 PM
I also dont believe he is truly telling us everything when it comes to GIM closing down. THere are so many contradictary stories at GIM. Some mods are saying they had 2 days to respond, others were saying a few months, and that they wasted time.

Carl M. Andersen aka Skyvike registered GIM 2 on March 13th. And if the GIM 1 registered owner received a "National Security Letter" or similar, there is no legal reason not to disclose that fact, since Doe v. Ashcroft shot down the gag order element.

TheNocturnalEgyptian
2nd April 2010, 03:09 PM
I can tell when I'm being lied to, and the founding fathers at GiM2 were definitaly not telling the whole truth. What possible point this could have, I don't have a clue.

BeefJerky
2nd April 2010, 10:37 PM
It definitely is him. I think he flipped out and lost it.

Got all paranoid and sunk the treasure to the bottom of the sea.

He doesn't owe an explanation. But if you want to disappear it doesn't make sense.

I find it odd that he wants to get away and is posting like a mad man on the clone site.

Then he starts a thread about others wanting to destroy GIM2 as if it was GIM. Why would he care? He single handedly damaged the GIM brand more than anyone.

Personally, I can't believe the founders of GIM2 are even concerned with his opinion about anything. As if they need his blessing. They should have went with a completely disassociated brand.

Also, he was mentioning the worth of GIM. Gim isn't worth shit as it was never commercialized.

Plus he nuked a treasure and yet he prepares to take on TPTB. Guy is clearly delusional at this point. Just goes to show, you never can tell what someone is capable of.

This site has alot of potential.

Horn
2nd April 2010, 10:43 PM
Sometimes even the worst plans, turn out to be more horrible than anyone expected.

PDT
3rd April 2010, 12:40 AM
He doesn't owe an explanation.

Yes, he does...common decency and personal honor demands it. He sunk over a third of a million man-hours of work, and if there is even a minute issue of a security threat involved, he owes all the members whose privacy and personal security he held sway over.