PDA

View Full Version : Heed my words.

JDRock
1st April 2010, 12:26 PM
This has the potential to be as big as GIM was.
It also has the potential to implode ala the agora.....

How much free speech is allowed, and HOW opposition is dealt with, will, to a large extent
determine how long we last here.

Did you guys notice how many UNREGISTERED guests there were toward the end of gim???

They were NOT there for the pm's as they hung out in the general section!

my 2c..... LET the free flow of ideas grow here uninterrupted....name names...point fingers,
even if its politically incorrect to do so.....

handle shills SWIFTLY.
thanx, JDR.

DMac
1st April 2010, 12:33 PM
I agree JD, however people need to show some tact in calling out the bad guys. All encompassing statements like "those evil jews!!111 or dumb blacks!" do nothing to help plant seeds of knowledge. It just turns off most people's brains.

I'll use myself as an example:
When I first started browsing GIM, coming from kitco, I disregarded certain user's posts because I saw some off cheek remark calling all blacks monkeys or some bull crap. For me, the only people I hate are the ones that are sticking their hand in my pocket! There are the good and bad in all creeds and cultures.

Some people could be really influential if there was more thought put into the words typed and saved for prosperity on the ole interwebs.

That being said, if someone strongly looks like a .gov or adl shill release the hounds.... ;D

chud
1st April 2010, 12:37 PM
^^^ Well said.

sirgonzo420
1st April 2010, 12:38 PM
As far as spreading truths without turning people off, I always found hoarder's efforts exemplary.

JJ.G0ldD0t
1st April 2010, 12:39 PM
I agree DM-

...no damn thankyou button on a budget forum...

Horn
1st April 2010, 12:45 PM
Was talking about shills with someone else earlier.

How many could there possibly be left? ::)

As far as policing goes, we all know for sure what a misdemeanor is, I hope.

It is easy if thought of in this way, and once again respect is of utmost importance.

But not so much as to spoil the fun & rivalry.

papaken
1st April 2010, 12:53 PM
your right JD This site does have some potential

Maybe when its get some more members (we gotta recruit!)

we could all pitch in to get vBulletin its only $285
http://www.vbulletin.com/ (http://www.vbulletin.com/)

JDRock
1st April 2010, 03:13 PM
Both hoarder and book have posted here, giving this place HUGE credibility.

remember agora....im not pontificating here , im saying this because I think this
can really go far....

Magnes also is well researched ...ill drag mamboni over here kicking and screaming if i have to...

Deal with shills swiftly, dont muzzle free speech, and dont let those who are loseing the arguement, claim victim status...

Any other possible pifalls guys?? please post them .

Ponce
1st April 2010, 03:19 PM
With Ponce here it should go up and up and up hahahahahahhaah.

By the way guys, get used to saying "Zionists" and not "jews".......you must learn the difference between the two of them.

JDRock
1st April 2010, 03:23 PM
Ponce.....is the real deal folks. If you were at gim years ago you would know.

much wisdom in that last post.

Ponce
1st April 2010, 03:30 PM
Ufffffffffffffffff guys, your kind words are very embarrassing to me..........more, more.......I am all eyes hahahahaahahhahaha.

MAGNES
1st April 2010, 04:19 PM
JDR knows what he is talking about.

We went through this on agora.

Problem here is the agora members knew the trolls very well
and most people that were banned recently figuring things
out themselves were not on agora, a few of us are still kicking.
I went from being open and nicer to being a tyrant in the end.
Ask JD. They deserved it. They take advantage of peoples good
will.

You need an iron rod for the trolls.

Higher discussion.

A mission statement.

Mine is to out the masons.

They removed my posts and threads and banned me twice.

I have lots of jpegs and pages saved on my hard drive.
Many others do as well.

I can burn them a new one, who wants to help me.
I only need 5 good guys, I am not interested in running
a forum and sorry but I am tired of my good threads
disappearing.

I spent all last night saving my key threads, and others,

I got FRED, the original nuke on GIM, I got Rmac threads,
classic threads that are entertaining, who wants to help
me put them up. Everyone that missed that will get
a laugh, I was laughing, we had some battles, it was
entertaining too, I got MP explaining to everyone how
we got our gods mixed up, mason threads, they get
their asses handed to them, yes people, I got no sleep
last night. 2 hours.

Who wants to help me put this stuff up.
I am not interested in running a forum.
We can stay here and all the above
can go somewhere else as a reference,
setup properly.

I got one mission, to make skyvike famous online forever.

philo beddoe
1st April 2010, 04:29 PM

remember agora....im not pontificating here , im saying this because I think this
can really go far....

Magnes also is well researched ...ill drag mamboni over here kicking and screaming if i have to...

Deal with shills swiftly, dont muzzle free speech, and dont let those who are loseing the arguement, claim victim status...

Ok, I'll give my two cents. I could smell shills from a mile away over at agora. Skinny was namby pamby and wishy washy, and would second guess every one of my decisions. I could forgive him for pretending to be white, or for pretending to even believe in anything. But once it got out that there was no enforcement there, things cut loose. Every time I spotted a shill, skinny or sarge would always give them the benefit of the doubt, and later find out they were troublemakers.

philo beddoe
1st April 2010, 04:32 PM

By the way guys, get used to saying "Zionists" and not "jews".......you must learn the difference between the two of them.
That's like the difference between republican and democrat.

sirgonzo420
1st April 2010, 04:33 PM
Magnes,

I'd love to be able to go back through some of the more infamous and noteworthy threads.

AlterEgo
1st April 2010, 05:35 PM

That's like the difference between republican and democrat.

You are correct, buy why subject JQP to the possible heat if things get worse? Just say'n, not bitchen.

MAGNES
1st April 2010, 06:18 PM
I think Ben is with us. LOL

Use your original names, what are you afraid of.

Where is nacca, is he with us ?

wildcard
1st April 2010, 06:19 PM
Buy 10 oz! Where is nacca???

wildcard
1st April 2010, 06:20 PM
And D.B. Cooper. Man that guy knows how to party.

MAGNES
2nd April 2010, 05:58 PM
Seems they are going to learn the hard way.

I am getting threatened by a mod here.

Seems they do not want discussion of gim here.

This place is already infested with trolls
working it from the inside with complaints.

Horn
2nd April 2010, 06:06 PM
Think they're Just sorting thru the trash magnes, this forum software looks a little tedious to sort thru.

I'm haven't seen many trolls, though not looking that hard...

slvrbugjim
2nd April 2010, 06:10 PM
Ok, I'll give my two cents. I could smell shills from a mile away over at agora. Skinny was namby pamby and wishy washy, and would second guess every one of my decisions. I could forgive him for pretending to be white, or for pretending to even believe in anything. But once it got out that there was no enforcement there, things cut loose. Every time I spotted a shill, skinny or sarge would always give them the benefit of the doubt, and later find out they were troublemakers.

damn good my fellow, we need to recruit the good ones on the other gim I think, what you think?

k-os
2nd April 2010, 06:59 PM
Alright guys, what exactly is your definition of a shill?

From my observation over the past two years, it seems like it ranges from an inside man (alphabet gov) . . .

All the way to "anyone who doesn't agree with me".

Heimdhal
2nd April 2010, 07:05 PM

From my observation over the past two years, it seems like it ranges from an inside man (alphabet gov) . . .

generaly its people that ask what a shill is...they are the easiest to spot.

::)

Actualy, a good example of shill-troll was blue ice. I dont personaly think he was "paid" or a .gov agent, though I dont discount it. I also think its possible he was a sock puppet for one of the big boys like scorp or sky since his writing style would change drasticaly. BUt characteristicaly he would continualy bait the anti-israel crowd with pro-israel/neo-con news stories and then goad them into a heated flame war over the merrits of israel over their muslim/arab neighbors. In my book, that is an ADL/Megaphone shill-troll.

Everyones definition varies though.

Horn
2nd April 2010, 09:51 PM
I think someone mentioned not to long ago, I forget who?

What a shill is,

It's those who wake up in the morning and put one leg into their pants, and the other in the protection of the U.S. Gov.

Or something round abouts that away.

30pcsAg
3rd April 2010, 12:09 AM
As far as spreading truths without turning people off, I always found hoarder's efforts exemplary.

I agree. Sarge was good too. I never could find the post/thread that got him axed!

GoldenPoet
3rd April 2010, 02:19 AM
I agree. Sarge was good too. I never could find the post/thread that got him axed!

I believe it was a large, well documented post on Zionism
that was very convincing, at least to me. I seem to remember the
thread was deleted. Am I remembering correctly Pat Pat?
Seen any good chemtrails lately? lololol ;)
GP

Pat Pat
3rd April 2010, 10:40 AM

I believe it was a large, well documented post on Zionism
that was very convincing, at least to me. I seem to remember the
thread was deleted. Am I remembering correctly Pat Pat?
Seen any good chemtrails lately? lololol ;)
GP

we still get a few chemtrails here

yes I had a well done thread on zionism, 9/11, etc

it was pretty damning

Pat Pat
3rd April 2010, 10:45 AM

I kind of class everyone as follows

1. shill (when confronted with reality/truth, maintain the same old song and dance, even when proven intelligent in other areas) (Halo is a good one for this, he can talk on alternative energy, commercial law, taxation, etc, but he cannot do 8th grade physics on 9/11)

2. useful idiot/sheep (someone who is still asleep on some topic (all of us were this at one point))

3. someone who is awake, or awakening

4. other?

regarding the "you must agree with me"

that is not really a shill, someone like that is not really here to learn

I learned a lot from many different members at the old GIM, Hoarder, Bigjon, PatColo, etc

so anyway I hope that helps.

JDRock
6th April 2010, 06:02 PM
::)..your KIDDING me right..... ::) I told you what NOT to do and and..... ::)

Ill make this EASY on you....

possible mods;
Book

hoarder

mkt neutral

mamboni

i already see the writing on the wall here... ::)
how could ANYONE be so incredibly stupid...

Criteria; well loved...respected...compassionate.... HELL NO! >:(
Choose ONLY those who;
1. Know what the truth is...
2. are able to intelligently defend it
3. Can by sound arguement , expose and defeat the shills..
4. White Americans.

have you guys been to gim back in '04 and '05???? were you actually THERE to see it grow from a few to the place it was??

Did you see the agora grow like wildfire ...only to burn out because of ill chosen moderators??? >:(

well ....just ignore this .... you WERE NOT there...and you chose to ignore this, well..
im clean. .... told you what you needed to hear, not what you wanted.......now the mods at gim are laughing their heads off...

Tumbleweed
6th April 2010, 06:33 PM
I never posted much on GIM but I started reading there in 2004. I didn't know enough to post anything.

JDRock I think your choices for moderators would be excellent!

Ponce
6th April 2010, 06:45 PM
Magnes? I believe that there is a thread where you can talk all that you want about GIM2 and is for members only..........the only trouble is (for many, not me) is that Scorp and Sky are already there, so why hide anthing?

Besides, after being banned from around 12 sites I now wear it as a badge of honor............."Better to talk free for two minutes than to be silent for ever"

Percival
6th April 2010, 07:02 PM

How much free speech is allowed, and HOW opposition is dealt with, will, to a large extent

Did you guys notice how many UNREGISTERED guests there were toward the end of gim???

my 2c..... LET the free flow of ideas grow here uninterrupted....name names...point fingers,

handle shills SWIFTLY.
thanx, JDR.
I LOVE it! Free speech out of one side of the mouth and "dealing with the opposition" out of the other. ;)

Percival
6th April 2010, 07:07 PM

can really go far....

You dont stop do you, DONT MUZZLE FREE SPEECH but DEAL WITH SHILLS SWIFTLY, keep those contradictions coming.

If you all want to know who a worthy and polite adversary was, look no further than LARGE SARGE, if some of you had a even the slightest amount of his tact you would do yourself a favor.

Slimer
6th April 2010, 07:38 PM
The only posters who should be banned are spammers. Skyvike at the old GIM was waaay too trigger happy with his permanent bans.

But what else would you expect from a powermongering freemason? ;D

1970 Silver Art
6th April 2010, 08:22 PM
It is up to the posters to decide how good that GSUS can be. If we have good topics and a decent discussion on the issues and with very light moderation, then GSUS has plenty of potential to be a very good gold and silver forum IMO. It will be the posters that will define how good (or bad) that GSUS can be. It is up to all of us.

JDRock
8th April 2010, 07:26 AM

handle shills SWIFTLY.
thanx, JDR.
I LOVE it! Free speech out of one side of the mouth and "dealing with the opposition" out of the other. ;)

percival ...if the owner would have installed the mods i suggested, YOU wouldnt be here.
theres a difference between free speech and ORGANIZED ZIO interference of the same....but you KNOW that and try to place your aipac- splc-shill game under that heading...
Folks keep it all American, no jew=arab... keep the sheenies OUT, truth will prevail.

Percival
8th April 2010, 07:49 AM
Why not just go to Stormfront if that is the site you really want?

Did you learn nothing at Agora?

JDRock
8th April 2010, 07:55 AM
kol nidre, the EXACT reason the agora sank was, ill chosen mods. i.e. those that had NO experiance confronting ORGANIZED attacks from sheenie organizations..
..why dont you go to gim 2 and have a go at hoarder in his protocols thread??
rotflmao...
stormfront will not allow someone to say nigger, kike etc, and its RUN by sheenies.

Percival
8th April 2010, 07:56 AM
Ignorance.

JDRock
8th April 2010, 07:59 AM
percival, why dont YOU go to jew controlled sites like nbc, cbs,fox, abc, upi, ny times/ tribune group/ federal reserve, us treasury/ irs ?? are you not content with these ??
must you find out the last few bastions of free speech and put your sheenie urine on
those as well?

Percival
8th April 2010, 08:00 AM
I have many friends here, you not among them.

JDRock
8th April 2010, 08:22 AM
I have many friends here, you not among them.

THATS what we mean about ORGANIZED ;)....you made THAT easy

Gaillo
8th April 2010, 09:30 PM
percival, why dont YOU go to jew controlled sites like nbc, cbs,fox, abc, upi, ny times/ tribune group/ federal reserve, us treasury/ irs ?? are you not content with these ??
must you find out the last few bastions of free speech and put your sheenie urine on
those as well?

JDRock - cool it with the "sheenie urine" attack. Read Rule #1 of this forum - it's posted prominently and stickied at the top of several of the forums.

PatColo
8th April 2010, 10:23 PM
The trait which sets shills apart is dis-ingenuousness. They posture as honest truth seekers, but in dialog they work to keep to keep truth hidden, suppressed, obfuscated, etc. It's not ignorance, it's willful deception. Shills are not sincere members of a forum community. They are there to impede the community's search for truth, not help accommodate it.

Their "special rules of dialog" are well documented.

Twenty-Five Ways To Suppress Truth: The Rules of Disinformation (Includes The 8 Traits of A Disinformationalist) (http://www.whale.to/m/disin.html)

Tell us again how there's no evidence of WTC CD (http://ae911truth.org), and how scary moozlems did 911 (http://www.globalresearch.ca/index.php?context=va&aid=10142), Pattern of Paranoia Guy! :-*

Percival
8th April 2010, 10:37 PM
Here we go, more personal attacks and total thread hijacks.

PatColo
8th April 2010, 10:43 PM
You see a "personal attack" above somewhere? ??? Please advise,

ps: does anyone see a pattern of paranoia here?

Percival
8th April 2010, 10:47 PM
Youre obviously trying to suggest I am a shill, people arent stupid Pat they can see your little games.

That said, I really have nothing tosay to you so id appreciate it if you would just stay out of my way and I will stay out of yours. Dont speak to me and I will do the same for you.

dysgenic
8th April 2010, 11:07 PM
I had a conversation with a good friend recently. Him: "If I told you how many people I believe are shills, you'd think I'm crazy." Me: "I've probably got you beat when it comes to suspicions."
GIM1 was absolutely crawling with shills. So is this place. That doesn't bother me at all, though. The shills are becoming much less effective over time as the word gets out. The truth is 100% immune to shills. That's why GIM1 had to be memory holed.

saint
8th April 2010, 11:12 PM
Reminder.

dysgenic
8th April 2010, 11:29 PM
You have to be careful with repeated jokes. Most of the time, even good jokes don't stand up more than once or twice. Going to the well too often usually results in uneasy nods and awkward silences. Truth is, this joke wasn't all that funny the first time, either. Figured better you hear it from me, you know...
Stay cool. Stay cool forever.

dys

Reminder.

saint
8th April 2010, 11:31 PM
You have to be careful with repeated jokes. Most of the time, even good jokes don't stand up more than once or twice. Going to the well too often usually results in uneasy nods and awkward silences. Truth is, this joke wasn't all that funny the first time, either. Figured better you hear it from me, you know...

dys

Reminder.

You assumed I was joking.

dysgenic
8th April 2010, 11:33 PM
You totally missed my point. I wasn't talking about your post- I was talking about YOU!
Unless you're into the whole parody thing.

dys

Reminder.

Gaillo
8th April 2010, 11:38 PM

dys

Reminder.

I assumed you were joking. If I didn't, I would have to conclude you were posting an attack against Dysgenic - telling him to go drink poison, or something to that effect. Keep it cool... I've had a lot of problems on this forum tonight and I don't want this thread to turn into another one.

FiftySense
8th April 2010, 11:50 PM
Hard to find room for a balanced debate when one side thinks everyone is a shill, and the other side thinks that side is AntiSemitic. How about some facts and figures to provide some basis of understanding as opposed to all the mud slinging. If I was a new member who had no idea what has been going on with this discussion for the past few years, it would be tough to see who was the one's blowing smoke up people's asses. Keep that in mind. If you have a point, prove it, respectfully.

FS

saint
8th April 2010, 11:52 PM

dys

Reminder.

I assumed you were joking. If I didn't, I would have to conclude you were posting an attack against Dysgenic - telling him to go drink poison, or something to that effect. Keep it cool... I've had a lot of problems on this forum tonight and I don't want this thread to turn into another one.

Fair enough.

I didn't realize he was so sensitive.
He was fine with beating up on a guy having a really bad night.
But he doesn't like push back.

That joke wasn't started by me - he seems to have a bunch of fans.

Better yet - why don't Dys and I try out thunder dome - straight on, no tears.
What say you Dys? Tomorrow evening - late, i have dinner plans.
PM me.

ST

dysgenic
9th April 2010, 12:09 AM
I don't mind being 'pushed back' (as you say). Actually, I welcome it coming from you. However, I'm not going to just ignore your 'pushing'. I find it amusing- yet kind of sad- that you would follow me around the boards making the same irrelevant joke multiple times, AND expect me to ignore it.
Then call me sensitive when I respond in kind.
Now that's funny.

I have to assume based on your unhealthy obsession with me that you look up to me in a perverse sort of way, which is kind of weird to me. But like I said, if you are so obsesssed with me that you feel the need to follow me around like a lost puppy dog, I'm more than happy to respond to your insults/ pathetic cries for attention. Just be prepared for me to respond in kind.

saint
9th April 2010, 12:16 AM
Fair enough - thunderdome?

dysgenic
9th April 2010, 12:20 AM
I'm your huckleberry.

Fair enough - thunderdome?

Horn
9th April 2010, 12:22 AM
JDRock - cool it with the "sheenie urine" attack. Read Rule #1 of this forum - it's posted prominently and stickied at the top of several of the forums.
[/quote]

Sorry, just rejoining here, what's a "sheenie urine" attack?

You don't have to answer if ya don't want to, maybe someone else can enlighten on me?

Odysseus
9th April 2010, 12:25 AM
This forum does have some potential. At the same time, it also faces some particular risks at this early stage.

There is a clear contradiction in asking that freedom of speech is respected while also asking that the "opposition" or "shills" be quickly dealt with. It's obvious that the implication is that freedom of speech should apply only to those who agree with some group consensus.

This kind of contradiction leads to groupthink and to intellectual circle jerks, where any deviation from the consensus elicits instant suspicion, accusations and virtual witch hunts, with bonfires and all.

It's a very destructive process, usually led by those who pretend to have the group's interest in mind as they slash and burn their way into position.

A person's belief in freedom of speech is best demonstrated by their willingness to defend his opponent's right to speak his mind.

dysgenic
9th April 2010, 12:29 AM
I agree 100% with this post. For myself, I am not and have never been for 'dealing with shills.' Let their arguments speak for themselves. In my book, the rules are for everyone, even shills. (I'd prefer far less restrictive rules, but that's not my call)

dys

This forum does have some potential. At the same time, it also faces some particular risks at this early stage.

There is a clear contradiction in asking that freedom of speech is respected while also asking that the "opposition" or "shills" be quickly dealt with. It's obvious that the implication is that freedom of speech should apply only to those who agree with some group consensus.

This kind of contradiction leads to groupthink and to intellectual circle jerks, where any deviation from the consensus elicits instant suspicion, accusations and virtual witch hunts, with bonfires and all.

It's a very destructive process, usually led by those who pretend to have the group's interest in mind as they slash and burn their way into position.

A person's belief in freedom of speech is best demonstrated by their willingness to defend his opponent's right to speak his mind.

Horn
9th April 2010, 12:36 AM
I really don't see much of a problem here recently?

Just a bunch of people talking about a supposed problem.

I really don't think shills have much of an effect anymore anyway.

saint
9th April 2010, 12:38 AM

Nice first post.
Welcome.

Agreed.
Critical thought and debate have always inspired higher thought.
Civilized societies usually construct rules for debates and duals.
The challenge is always - can one suffer the slings and arrows, whether right or wrong?

I hold hope for this board as well - it hasn't devolved into lockstep unified thought.
There are many viewpoints and active intellects with the passion to take up the debate.
I believe we are going through a period of normative adjustment - and we have to establish the rules of the debate by a code of conduct tacitly agreed upon by the members.

Impossible to codify with a few "rules" but instead it will become part of the culture - as that culture establishes and evolves.

Or it can go lord of the flies - lol.
But I do not believe that is the case - too many active intellects to allow that to happen.

ST

Libertarian_Guard
9th April 2010, 02:04 AM
::)..your KIDDING me right..... ::) I told you what NOT to do and and..... ::)

Ill make this EASY on you....

possible mods;
Book

hoarder

mkt neutral

mamboni

i already see the writing on the wall here... ::)
how could ANYONE be so incredibly stupid...

Criteria; well loved...respected...compassionate.... HELL NO! >:(
Choose ONLY those who;
1. Know what the truth is...
2. are able to intelligently defend it
3. Can by sound arguement , expose and defeat the shills..
4. White Americans.

Truth must be a very broad based term, if ever there was one. You'll never get an agreement on your version of truth. White Americans only is equally silly.

Libertarian_Guard
9th April 2010, 02:38 AM
Nomen Luni

"I don't think you get it. Oversimplification and over generalisation are recognised propaganda techniques. The state will send in agent provocateurs blaming everything on 'Jews', and that same state will use organisations like the ADL to prosecute you for singing along. By using the correct terminology and correctly differentiating between Jews and Zionists, you not only leave yourself less prone to legal action, but you also avoid assigning blame to a big bunch of innocent people. What the hell, go ahead. I guess you can't see how dark it's getting outside. They will come knocking soon...."

IMO the best advice yet on this forum!

JDRock
9th April 2010, 07:46 AM
too many people running with scissors here.... im lockin 'er up.