PDA

View Full Version : Starting a "what beer are you drinking now?" thread

sunshine05
2nd April 2010, 04:00 PM
I am drinking Yuengling because it's all I have right now:). It's okay. Not my favorite.

General of Darkness
2nd April 2010, 04:02 PM
I am drinking Yuengling because it's all I have right now:). It's okay. Not my favorite.

I didn't know masons drank beer. Cool.

saint
2nd April 2010, 04:03 PM
New Castle and Guinness - lobster and clams for dinner. Yum.

Olmstein
2nd April 2010, 04:04 PM
Man, I haven't had a beer in 6 months or more. I really need to take some time off work to do some drinking.

sunshine05
2nd April 2010, 04:05 PM
I didn't know masons drank beer. Cool.
;D

StackerKen
2nd April 2010, 04:33 PM
Im havin the King of beers

cigarlover
2nd April 2010, 05:03 PM
Doing some plumbing right now. well.... not right now but as soon as I'm done I may have to go grab some dinner and a 12 pack. I never drink either but last week I installed the wood stove because it was cold, tomorrow installing the ac cause we have record heat already LOL. I could use a beer or 12..

Actually my bedroom stays very cool even right now. Probably 20 degrees cooler with my door closed. Can anyone guess why? I'll post a photo later.

JJ.G0ldD0t
2nd April 2010, 05:08 PM
DAMNIT

I came in just to do that sunshine...

Drinking Shiner Bock tonight

StackerKen
2nd April 2010, 05:10 PM
Gaillo; I almost Smited (smote?) you!!

sunshine05
2nd April 2010, 05:18 PM
Doing some plumbing right now. well.... not right now but as soon as I'm done I may have to go grab some dinner and a 12 pack. I never drink either but last week I installed the wood stove because it was cold, tomorrow installing the ac cause we have record heat already LOL. I could use a beer or 12..

Actually my bedroom stays very cool even right now. Probably 20 degrees cooler with my door closed. Can anyone guess why? I'll post a photo later.

I don't drink a lot either. Only on weekends.
I can't remember you posting about this...is it a new house you are working on? I had the heat on this morning and the a/c this afternoon too.

sunshine05
2nd April 2010, 05:18 PM
DAMNIT

I came in just to do that sunshine...

Drinking Shiner Bock tonight

Sorry:)

StackerKen
2nd April 2010, 05:30 PM
Don't smite me, bro! ;D

No offense meant... just seemed to fit the situation! :)

lol...Its cool Bro...Im over it :)

madfranks
2nd April 2010, 05:57 PM
I'm having a Sam Adams Cherry Wheat. It's good stuff.

JJ.G0ldD0t
2nd April 2010, 06:00 PM

I got 2 of those left in the icebox...

Saving them for last tonight

sunshine05
2nd April 2010, 06:10 PM
Cigarlover - it sounds perfect with the 17 acres. Maybe you should just try to stay there. I imagine unemployment will run out at some point, no? It sounds like you got a pretty good deal. Well, good luck with the renovations. I love home projects.

sunshine05
2nd April 2010, 06:11 PM

That sounds good! Have never tried it but I always like to get the raspberry wheat beers when I can find them.

k-os
2nd April 2010, 06:30 PM
cigarlover, what an amazing story. I don't think most people know just how easy it is to live off of the freebies.

(on topic)
I am not drinking beer, but I am about to make myself a rum drink. I like to make "tropical drinks" with rum, fruit, lime aid, sodas, etc. I only really like beer when I am on my friend's boat, or after I have just done yard work.

madfranks
2nd April 2010, 07:20 PM
I am not drinking beer, but I am about to make myself a rum drink. I like to make "tropical drinks" with rum, fruit, lime aid, sodas, etc. I only really like beer when I am on my friend's boat, or after I have just done yard work.

I think you have lots of karma because the charm and atmosphere a lady like you brings to this forum is appreciated by the majority of guys on this site. I'm glad you're here; even as a man who is taken I can say that I like what you bring to the forum.

Libertytree
2nd April 2010, 07:25 PM
Ahhhhhh...finally a cold Bud and a bud, sharing them with good friends. It's nice to see some sense of normallacy and people settling into the new digs. This Bud's for you JQP!!!

k-os
2nd April 2010, 07:30 PM
I think you have lots of karma because the charm and atmosphere a lady like you brings to this forum is appreciated by the majority of guys on this site. I'm glad you're here; even as a man who is taken I can say that I like what you bring to the forum.

I appreciate your kind words.

Libertytree
2nd April 2010, 08:03 PM
Cool CL, no wonder you've been scarce, good to see ya man. Sounds like a great place even with the flaws and what nots.

woodman
2nd April 2010, 08:24 PM
I'm drinking Coors and Fat Tire tonight. Have to stock up on the Fat Tire when I am in other states because I can't get it in Michigan. Damn it's tasty!

optionT
2nd April 2010, 08:35 PM
Water mmmmmmmmmmmmm

BrewTech
2nd April 2010, 08:44 PM
New Belgium's new IPA - Ranger.

Fvcking AWESOME. Any IPA fans here need to try it if you haven't already, while it is still relatively cheap...

cigarlover
2nd April 2010, 08:44 PM
cigarlover, what an amazing story. I don't think most people know just how easy it is to live off of the freebies.

(on topic)

I love rum, Cuban rum... But this is a beer thread :):)...

Oh and the freebies aint free. Its costing China a lot to lend the us all this money and in the end they get paid back in dollars that will be worth a lot less.

dysgenic
2nd April 2010, 08:45 PM
Wachusett Blueberry. Several deep. Explains a lot.

Brent
2nd April 2010, 08:50 PM
I don't normally but I had a hell of a day so 100 proof Captain Morgan Rum and Coke for me. Mhmm ;D

k-os
2nd April 2010, 08:57 PM

Ok, so this is technically off topic again (sorry) - but I love Cuban rum! I was there last year, as you know, (you gave me advice, my 'fren') and there is nothing like Havana Club rum. Cheap, smooth, and absolutely no hangover. I am hangover-prone, so booze can really ruin my fun. The closest I have found is Matusalem (sp?) here in the states. Any recommendations?

Oh and the freebies aint free. Its costing China a lot to lend the us all this money and in the end they get paid back in dollars that will be worth a lot less.

I think I am OK with that.

AndreaGail
2nd April 2010, 09:30 PM
I usually don't drink more than once or twice a month but I did help myself to one of these tonight

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2800/4100772992_e442fe2d43.jpg

LuckyStrike
2nd April 2010, 09:36 PM
Am I the only one on GSUS that hates beer? Honestly I would probably rather drink cat piss.

If I drink to relax it's vodka, and either lemonade or OJ. If I drink for other reasons it's Jim beam or Jack daniels, or Crowne if it's around.

I'm not a big drinker though, smoking is more my thing. (Tobacco)

Rockbrother
2nd April 2010, 09:48 PM
Drinking Keystone "ICE" , cause its in a specially lined can!!! ::)

cigarlover
2nd April 2010, 09:54 PM

Ok, so this is technically off topic again (sorry) - but I love Cuban rum! I was there last year, as you know, (you gave me advice, my 'fren') and there is nothing like Havana Club rum. Cheap, smooth, and absolutely no hangover. I am hangover-prone, so booze can really ruin my fun. The closest I have found is Matusalem (sp?) here in the states. Any recommendations?

I think I am OK with that.

I didnt know you actually went. How did you like it? Got any photos of the island? I do miss it there. I have heard that the flag comes off your passport if you stop traveling for 2 years so I was thinking about a quick trip to Canada to test the waters and see if mine is clear. If so....... :)..

Anyway, heres a link for a run you should try.

http://www.klwines.com/detail.asp?sku=1013444&cid=TPV-Googlebase

Ron Zacapa is a guatamalan rum. When I discovered it I started buying it by the case. I lived in CT at the time and no distributor there so I had to drive to ma to get it. Its a little sweet but nice and smooth like the cuban rums.

k-os
3rd April 2010, 12:11 PM
I didnt know you actually went. How did you like it? Got any photos of the island? I do miss it there. I have heard that the flag comes off your passport if you stop traveling for 2 years so I was thinking about a quick trip to Canada to test the waters and see if mine is clear. If so....... :)..

Anyway, heres a link for a run you should try.

http://www.klwines.com/detail.asp?sku=1013444&cid=TPV-Googlebase

Ron Zacapa is a guatamalan rum. When I discovered it I started buying it by the case. I lived in CT at the time and no distributor there so I had to drive to ma to get it. Its a little sweet but nice and smooth like the cuban rums.

I am going to start a thread with some pictures and description, because I am afraid I hijacked this thread. :-)

Thanks for the link. You've got expensive taste, I see!

sunshine05
3rd April 2010, 12:13 PM
"I am going to start a thread with some pictures and description, because I am afraid I hijacked this thread. :-)

Thanks for the link. You've got expensive taste, I see!"

I don't think you hijacked the thread:). Nothing wrong with talking about rum drinks too! I love wine too:).

cigarlover
3rd April 2010, 04:10 PM
I actually hadn't bought that in awhile and was as surprised at the price as you are. 2004 is the last time I bought it and it was only 25 a bottle then. You know how inflation is though :):)... Its also scored consistently high in taste tests so they probably upped the prices because of that as well and that was a link from Ca and is probably more expensive than anywhere else. It was just the first link that came up when I googled it :).

Wine is great too Sunshine. I have one bottle left from when I had a small collection. (Problem with collecting wine is you end up drinking it LOL) Anyway I have a bottle of Chateau Lafite Rothchild from 1990 that I promised my daughter I would drink with her on her 21st bday.. Only a year and a half to go!!! Thats the year she was born.

Anyone else love port? The best I ever had was a bottle of either 63 or 61 Dow. It was amazing. A friend brought it over to share with cigars one night. I didnt ask what it goes for but I'm certain it wasnt cheap LOL. Unfortunately with Port you either buy it young and store it for a lifetime before its ready to enjoy or you pay through the nose from someone else for something thats been stored properly.

I need to talk to China and let them know I need a raise in my unemployment. How can they expect me to enjoy good port on this salary? :o

MAGNES
14th April 2010, 10:12 PM
I love beers from the UK, some great Scottish beers, love em.

I have tried everything I can find at least once, stick to the above.

Go great with some cigars too, cheap ones and good cigars.

Caledonian 80 and Newcastle Brown Ale, with a Diplomaticos No 2.

Does that make me weird ? After a steak dinner ?

Rockbrother
14th April 2010, 11:36 PM
Sounds great to me!!!

Celtic Rogue
15th April 2010, 05:10 AM
http://www.robertposton.com/ms/images/guinness2.jpg

What Else??? Well maybe an Amstel