AS LONG AS WE GO ABOUT OUR LIVES AS USUAL,

THEY WIN AND WE PAY

“WE THE PEOPLE”

SAY NO MORE

EVERYONE CAN PARTICIPATE IN SOME FORM OF THIS PROTEST & BOYCOTT

300 MILLION OF US WE HAVE THE NUMBERS

HERE’S WHAT WE DO

1) NO WORK, NO SCHOOL

We know this is difficult, but essential because they have stopped listening! Our future depends on restoring our rights. Plan ahead, ask for time off, use vacation days or whatever it takes. Get school assignments ahead of time for your children. IF YOU FEEL THAT PEOPLE WILL BE HARMED IF YOU DON’T GO TO WORK, THEN GO! PARTICIPATE IN THE OTHER STEPS. DO WHAT YOU CAN!

IT’S A MONEY GAME — TIME TO CHANGE THE RULES

2)NO SHOPPING – DON’T BUY

DON’T BUY ANYTHING FROM LARGE CORPORATIONS, FAST FOOD PLACES, ONLINE STORES, ETC. Again, plan ahead for medications, gasoline, and food. If you have to shop then go to a local Mom & Pop store, which is who we should be buying from anyway! Keep your money out of the system. EVERYONE CAN DO THIS! JUST DON’T SHOP FOR 4 CONSECUTIVE DAYS, THEY’LL NOTICE.

3) DON’T COMPLY, TAKE YOUR $$

& SAVINGS OUT OF LARGE CORPORATE BANKS, LEAVING ONLY WHAT YOU NEED TO COVER MONTHLY BILLS. WORK AT GETTING OFF THE GRID AND FORMING CO-OPS WITHIN COMMUNITIES.

4) ASK WHY? THIS IS ESSENTIAL!

WHY ARE WE ALLOWING OUR CONSTITUTION TO BE IGNORED?

WHY HAVEN’T WE SIGNED THE ARTICLES OF FREEDOM WHICH WILL RESTORE IT AND HOLD OUR POLITICIANS ACCOUNTABLE??

WWW.ARTICLESOFFREEDOM.US

WHY ISN’T CONGRESS PRINTING OUR MONEY WITHOUT INTEREST AND WITHOUT DEBT?

WHAT THE HELL IS A “JOBLESS RECOVERY”???

THESE ISSUES AND MORE ARE COVERED BY THE ARTICLES OF FREEDOM

NOW PICK UP THE PHONE & CALL YOUR REPRESENTATIVES, CONGRESSMEN, ETC. LET THEM KNOW YOU’RE PARTICIPATING IN THIS STRIKE, AND ASK QUESTIONS YOU FEEL ARE IMPORTANT

I am me, I am free
2nd April 2010, 04:22 PM
This is meaningless without non-violent non-compliance, e.g. quit filing 1040 forms, get rid of the DRIVER LICENSE, or anything else which withdraws CONSENT

Olmstein
2nd April 2010, 04:28 PM
This is meaningless without non-violent non-compliance, e.g. quit filing 1040 forms, get rid of the DRIVER LICENSE, or anything else which withdraws CONSENT

Yup. Non violent non cooperation/compliance. The only hope you have against a better organized, better armed opponent.

Although, a three day vacation, er I mean strike, might get some attention.

Horn
2nd April 2010, 04:39 PM

Isn't that part of the timing? I'm just guessing.

Hey this would be a good poll for this site, how many are not filing?

StackerKen
2nd April 2010, 04:41 PM
Im game for the strike

cigarlover
2nd April 2010, 04:58 PM
Get all of America to file extensions too. All at the same time then the IRS will be working overtime in the summer when most of them take a vacation. You can really screw em up that way.

k-os
2nd April 2010, 05:03 PM
I'm in. I'll be at an Appleseed project that weekend. ;D

For the first time in my life, I am seriously considering not paying my taxes this year. My accountant told me that he's never heard his clients more fed up than they are this year (and he has been doing this since the 70's).

It's just so hard to write out a check for 40% of what I EARNED to go for programs that I do not use, likely will never use, and increasingly more often, do not approve of.

I asked my accountant what I can do to alleviate the pain next year, like work less, work more, what? He said that I should pay my taxes quarterly so that it doesn't *feel* like so much. >:(

PS, I am definitely filing an extension.

Horn
2nd April 2010, 05:28 PM
I've been researching since I'm offshore this year, but there may be some way of getting a extended extension if you leave for a certain time.

Anyone knows more about this let me know, as this is my first year not returning.

Maybe I could fit all you guys in over here for a couple months... ?

One second thought, nah... :)

cigarlover
2nd April 2010, 06:04 PM
I've been researching since I'm offshore this year, but there may be some way of getting a extended extension if you leave for a certain time.

Anyone knows more about this let me know, as this is my first year not returning.

Maybe I could fit all you guys in over here for a couple months... ?

One second thought, nah... :)

How does the gov know if you make any money overseas or not? I always wondered why anyone would pay taxes outside of the US.

Horn
2nd April 2010, 06:17 PM
I always wondered why anyone would pay taxes outside of the US.

Me either, but its still a requirement to file even if being less than truthful, no?

Costa Rica is fairly strict now on having a reportable income now. Tags, tax & docs need be in line.

Story: We flew in a couple of Mex. contractors to complete a second job we involved in (as the Ticos are hard to find one not sleeping on the job)..Anyway these guys filled in those little statement cards on the plane something like, "$0 in their pockets, and staying at one of the best hotels in C.R." guess they figured it was joke and nobody pays attention to the things...

Needless to say Costa Rican authorities loaded them back on the next plane returning to Mexico...they wouldn't even let us go and get them or rehash the case at the aeropuerto. :o

Libertytree
2nd April 2010, 08:09 PM

Me either, but its still a requirement to file even if being less than truthful, no?

Costa Rica is fairly strict now on having a reportable income now. Tags, tax & docs need be in line.

Story: We flew in a couple of Mex. contractors to complete a second job we involved in (as the Ticos are hard to find one not sleeping on the job)..Anyway these guys filled in those little statement cards on the plane something like, "$0 in their pockets, and staying at one of the best hotels in C.R." guess they figured it was joke and nobody pays attention to the things...

Needless to say Costa Rican authorities loaded them back on the next plane returning to Mexico...they wouldn't even let us go and get them or rehash the case at the aeropuerto. :o

That sounds like the Caha, lol. Emigration came a hair of catching me and if it wasn't for that $20 US I had hid, well you know the story from there on.

cigarlover
2nd April 2010, 08:16 PM

Do you have to pay taxes in both countries or just the US? I also thought the first 80k made outside of the US was tax exempt? Maybe thats something else I'm thinking of or they changed the law. The way congress works the law probably changes every couple weeks but they wouldnt know anyway.

Horn
2nd April 2010, 09:30 PM
I've heard that your only required to file if you've spent more than 35 days in the U.S.

I think that Gringo's doing time in a C.R. jail now, though?

Probably not a good source...

Anyway, I'll be joining this STRIKE by default.

Horn
11th April 2010, 12:15 AM
Ps. Don't forget what your not to do...

Celtic Rogue
11th April 2010, 02:29 AM
I think a strike is a good place to start! Better than sitting on the keyboard pounding away?

1970 Silver Art
11th April 2010, 08:12 AM
I'm in. I'll be at an Appleseed project that weekend. ;D

For the first time in my life, I am seriously considering not paying my taxes this year. My accountant told me that he's never heard his clients more fed up than they are this year (and he has been doing this since the 70's).

It's just so hard to write out a check for 40% of what I EARNED to go for programs that I do not use, likely will never use, and increasingly more often, do not approve of.

I asked my accountant what I can do to alleviate the pain next year, like work less, work more, what? He said that I should pay my taxes quarterly so that it doesn't *feel* like so much. >:(

PS, I am definitely filing an extension.

Unfortunately, it looks like you will be writing a larger future checks to pay more more crap such as Obamacare and whatever else the Congress whores decide to stuff down the taxpayers' throat. The U.S. gov't cannot do everything for everybody. That is not possible. Everybody is going to end up paying more taxes.

dysgenic
11th April 2010, 09:36 AM
I'm against this sort of thing. Even if you could find a way to get huge numbers of people to participate, the likelihood of this actually working is 0. If that be the case, it will only serve to empower our government to oppress us even more.

Horn
11th April 2010, 09:40 AM
I'm against this sort of thing. Even if you could find a way to get huge numbers of people to participate, the likelihood of this actually working is 0. If that be the case, it will only serve to empower our government to oppress us even more.

How do you figure that?

Not participating in Gov. rule is the only sure way to make them wain.

1970 Silver Art
11th April 2010, 09:58 AM
No one ever said that "starving" the gov't of taxpayer money was going to be easy. All the gov't would have to do is to crank up the printing presses to print out more $'s to finance its crap programs. A dollar collapse would be the only way to stop the gov't in its tracks. More gov't printing of $'s will just mean that a dollar collapse will happen sooner rather than later.

dysgenic
11th April 2010, 03:26 PM
How do you not participate in government? Do you work? If so, you are paid with FRNs and you pay taxes. Do you drive your car without a registration, inspection sticker, and license? If there is no one around at midnight, do you blow through redlights and speed in front of cops? Do you have a mortgage? If so you pay usary to the governments bosses- the bankers. If no mortgage, do you rent? If so, you finance someone that finances the bankers. When you buy something at the store, do you remit only the sales price and deduct any taxes and/or deduct the estimated cost of government subsidies and inflation from the price? What do you do when the police come to arrest you for theft afterwards?

There is no practical way to stop participating in government.

How do you figure that?

Not participating in Gov. rule is the only sure way to make them wain.

Horn
11th April 2010, 03:34 PM

Skip all that & become an illegal, that is "the way".

dysgenic
11th April 2010, 03:43 PM
No sir, because you still need to work to live. And if you work, you earn FRNs. If you earn FRNs, you participate.

ximmy
11th April 2010, 04:06 PM
For april 15-18 I am going to conscientiously not buy stuff. I've noticed when I go shopping or leave the house I come back home with at least $50.00 less... eating out, gas, buying stuff.. I know there are many people who do this and spend far more than me..

I am staying home those days, having a few drinks, watch a few movies

Horn
15th April 2010, 09:48 PM
No sir, because you still need to work to live. And if you work, you earn FRNs. If you earn FRNs, you participate.

:whip

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TiU_NmYUy7U

zusn
16th April 2010, 08:41 AM
Unfortunately, I'm not doing very well with the strike. I showed up to work yesterday and today. Last night my buddy came over and we split a bottle of Grey Goose. I ended up at a strip club and dropping a few FRN's. Here I sit at work, hung over with a lighter wallet. :conf:

Horn
16th April 2010, 08:53 AM
Unfortunately, I'm not doing very well with the strike. I showed up to work yesterday and today. Last night my buddy came over and we split a bottle of Grey Goose. I ended up at a strip club and dropping a few FRN's. Here I sit at work, hung over with a lighter wallet. :conf:

You could always go back to the club tonight, and ask for them back. :lol

Of course the girls may want their own dance for that...