PDA

View Full Version : Governors Receive Threats From Extremist Group

StackerKen
2nd April 2010, 04:32 PM
http://www.nytimes.com/2010/04/03/us/03threat.html

WASHINGTON — Governors across the country said Friday that they had received letters from an extremist group warning that that they might be forcibly removed from office if they did not step down within three days.

Officials from the Federal Bureau of Investigation and the Department of Homeland Security confirmed that they had sent out an intelligence note with information about potential threats made to governors by a group calling itself Guardians of the Free Republics.

The note was sent to state law enforcement officials in the last few days.

A homeland security official said the federal agencies were not aware of “an immediate or credible threat.”

“No specific information indicates that violence is intended,” the official said. “These threat assessments are issued regularly out of an abundance of caution.”

State officials said they were taking the threat seriously because it came at a time of increased attention to antigovernment groups.

Nine members of a militant Christian militia group were arrested in Michigan last weekend and accused of plotting an uprising against the government.

On its Web site, the Guardians of the Free Republics sets forth a plan to “restore America.” It describes the plan as “a bold achievable strategy for behind-the-scenes peaceful reconstruction of the de jure institutions of government without controversy, violence or civil war.”

Olmstein
2nd April 2010, 05:03 PM
I wonder if they realize that "forcibly removed from office" is incongruent with " peaceful reconstruction of the de jure institutions of government without controversy, violence or civil war"?

Assuming this is even a real group, and not made up out of whole cloth to discredit the tea party and or militia movement.

General of Darkness
2nd April 2010, 05:05 PM
I read about those letters on Sunday, kinda odd it took this long for it to hit the news. I wonder if something happens? Either way I'm not concerned.

PDT
2nd April 2010, 07:16 PM
Sure, they're all gonna resign!

::)

sunshine05
3rd April 2010, 11:58 AM
I heard about this just a while ago on the radio. It is 30 governors now that received the letters. It sounds like things are heating up.

General of Darkness
3rd April 2010, 12:04 PM
I bet 90% percent of these are simply.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_H38HBZDfICc/SrB9q3zc9yI/AAAAAAAAA4E/fHCCH8ay2GY/s400/Cartoon-Hey-Rabbi-Whatcha-Doing.jpg