PDA

View Full Version : My Forum History

StackerKen
2nd April 2010, 05:20 PM
See quite a few of you have been doing forums for a while it seems

I am still new at this.
GIM was the first forum ever joined (Does the eBay cafe count?)

I Liked GIM cause you guys talked about real stuff and it also woke me up and got me Prep ing.

I never really could get into any of the other forums I checked after GIM.

I hope this place works out. I hope we get more sub forums here.
Its kinda confusing for me with all the threads in General discussion.

sunshine05
2nd April 2010, 05:31 PM
I spend some time on parenting forums since I have two young boys. I also participated on some 9/11 forums but never did find one that I felt comfortable with. I used to post on DailyPaul a little but haven't in a while.

GIM was my favorite because I am into prepping, I loved that there was a conspiracy forum and I learned a lot about pm's when I first started buying them. But mostly, I could post there about just about anything and never felt attacked. People were always so helpful. I will miss it.

ETA: I used to post on ALIPAC a lot because I really hate illegal immigration, but it got a little too neocon-ish.

TheNocturnalEgyptian
2nd April 2010, 05:43 PM
I used to play a game called Asheron's Call. Sadly that is where I learned how to use a BBS.

Then I got into a site called "Its Happening" it was a mostly awake political discussion site. When 9-11 happened, the moderator of the site played a huge part in hacking al-queda. When a site's license runs out, if you have it set to recurring payments, it re-registers for you. But, there is still a 5 second timeframe when it is not registered to anybody. The mod of Itshappening (regis) made a bot to jump in during that 5 second window and snipe registration away from al-queda.

Next he made a perfect mirror of their site and hosted it at the same address it had previously been on. It was their site exactaly - except with a new owner! They chatted on it for several months before recognizing that they had been hacked. This is the smart way to hack someone - slowly gathering information without letting them know you're inside. He had previously supplied the admin passwords to the FBI, who was using the messageboard to track them down. I thought that was pretty damn cool.

Eventually Regis passed away from old age, patriot to the last breath. He was the first one that really made me wake up and realize that you can, and SHOULD be proud of your nation and that it can be done without being a nationalistic lapdog. Shortly after I somehow by the grace of god found GiM1 and registered there, and the experience was unparalleled...for a while.

Now I'm here, and a lot of other places, too. I don't always use the same name. I have a lot of personas and a lot of opinions. Gold-Silver.US only sees one side of me, most of the time, but I'm slowly branching out even more.

StackerKen
2nd April 2010, 05:50 PM
thanks for sharing guys...

Keep em coming!

philo beddoe
2nd April 2010, 05:59 PM
I don't think you should give all, or any of your forum history. It's dead and gone.

Carbon
2nd April 2010, 06:28 PM
Played on the BBS's and Usenet (university account) before the commercial providers came along... back then the net was very libertarian. It was dreamy then - new technology that would open up the world to free ideas making it a better place... etc. The Well was big back then (tho, they leaned left). The corporations and the stupid, insipid masses dragged their MSM and TeeVee mentality into the net and fixed all o' that. AOL had a huge hand in taming/killing the internet before it even got started.

Got tossed off of Free Republic when W. was elected the first time around and the GOP got involved with the site. Bashing Clinton was okay - bashing W. or .gov was verboten after that. Was then invited to Liberty Forum when it was started by a bunch of FR outcasts (much like what just happened here with GIM). Was an admin there until the inner-squabbling started - then became just a user. Stayed until it rotted from the inside and collapsed.

AndreaGail
2nd April 2010, 06:31 PM
I had been a member of a couple racing related sites
but GIM was my first "serious" forum I joined

techguy
2nd April 2010, 06:31 PM
I used to play a game called Asheron's Call. Sadly that is where I learned how to use a BBS.

DUDE.. early AC user myself. They sure ended up screwing a good game. I still miss that game sometimes.

First I have heard that game name in a long time.

k-os
2nd April 2010, 08:47 PM
I know how you feel, Ken. I wrote this in another thread today, so I am quoting myself here:

GIM was the first forum I visited regularly, and the first forum that I participated in -ever. I build internet applications for a living, and have done so for almost 20 years, so you would think I would have joined something by 2008.

GIM is was the only place where I felt the intelligence, wit, depth, good will, and crazy people were of the right mix to join. I am really taking this breakup pretty hard. I just don't think anger will solve the problem, and I don't want to spend another 20 years trying to find a place where I belong!

I did have a usenet account in college, but I only lurked, never contributed. Carbon you are so right about what happened to the internet before most people ever saw it.

Ponce
2nd April 2010, 09:04 PM
Got banned from GIM four years ago for talking to much against the holy ones and after that from about 13 or 15 more for the same reasons.........but........I am glad to see that more and more people are awared as to who the Zionist really are and talking more freely about..........

May this forum last, at least, till the day I die........ahhhhhhhhh I think that I am having a heart attack ::)

LuckyStrike
2nd April 2010, 09:16 PM
I think I joined my first car forum in 2004, stayed pretty active there and joined Stormfront in 2007 I also joined the prisonplanet forum (where I was promptly banned) and a few other forums around this time, whole at SF a mod there (ironman1) had a link to GIM when I started to get disgruntled with SF I began lurking on GIM more and more (I think I missed the registration window a time or two) Once I signed up with GIM, it was pretty much the main forum I visited. Now I post here, an R1 forum and a Tundra forum.

I also post regularly on the chans, but they aren't necessarily a forum per se.

Libertytree
2nd April 2010, 09:17 PM
I cut my teeth on the BBS's and usenet, gave it up for awhile and came back to the WWW, awhile after that I was onboard at the early warnings of Y2K and wound up at Timebomb2K...Does anyone remember that???......

Patriot and Libertarian sites have always been my substinance, then I found my way to G1.

BeefJerky
2nd April 2010, 10:16 PM
GIM was the only forum I have ever joined.

Thought I could trust it. The people made it great.

To bad the guy in charge flipped out and went all paranoid on us. Anyway, it was his right to do it.

I think this place here has alot of potential and I'm glad to be here.

vacuum
2nd April 2010, 11:56 PM
GIM was the second forum I was really active on, the first being a gaming forum. Being a known member of a forum is great, and the community is a great resource. Whenever you have a question about something in life, odds are you know someone who is either an expert on the topic or can point you in the direction of someone who is.

By the way, never use the same username on multiple forums or communities.

Apparition
2nd April 2010, 11:59 PM
This is pretty much the second forum which at which I've registered.

I also have accounts at the Ron Paul forums and at Democratic Underground (just to understand who the statists and lefties think).

Argentium
3rd April 2010, 05:40 PM
I think I joined my first car forum in 2004, stayed pretty active there and joined Stormfront in 2007 I also joined the prisonplanet forum (where I was promptly banned) and a few other forums around this time, whole at SF a mod there (ironman1) had a link to GIM when I started to get disgruntled with SF I began lurking on GIM more and more (I think I missed the registration window a time or two) Once I signed up with GIM, it was pretty much the main forum I visited. Now I post here, an R1 forum and a Tundra forum.

I also post regularly on the chans, but they aren't necessarily a forum per se.

Ha! That was me! I walked away from SF about 2 years ago, tired of the bullsh*t and the mod job. I haven't really changed my views, but got tired of the ex-cons, skinheads, whacked out NS people and the nomination of DD to godhood. I'm not going to badmouth SF because there are a lot of really good people there, but after 7 years, it was time to move on.

skid
3rd April 2010, 06:12 PM
Premoderation Kitko (anything went) until they pulled the plug on that forum and replaced it with the crappy one they have now. Quite enjoyed that forum, although the spamming was never controlled.

Then Liberty Forum, which was probably the best free speech forum ever with a wide range of viewpoints, but the owner got tired of running it and shut it down. Some of the posters went to http://www.demongov.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php?ubb=cfrm (hope it's ok to provide a link to another forum. Delete this if it is). Pretty much free speech there, but so far too few members to really get things going.

Then to GIM where I had lurked for a few years, and then joined in 2007. Didn't post too much and mostly in the survival preps area.

Now here!

LuckyStrike
3rd April 2010, 06:24 PM
Ha! That was me! I walked away from SF about 2 years ago, tired of the bullsh*t and the mod job. I haven't really changed my views, but got tired of the ex-cons, skinheads, whacked out NS people and the nomination of DD to godhood. I'm not going to badmouth SF because there are a lot of really good people there, but after 7 years, it was time to move on.

They apparently are of the opinion that quantity is more important than quality, after obama got elected, the place was swarmed by mindless neo cons. They changed the rules a lot, no mentioning the term ZOG, no Nazi avatars, no religious discussion etc. I have said over there repeatedly that with those kind of rules I think they are modeling it after the ADL forums or something.

They also banned a lot of intelligent long term posters for little reason (not unlike GIM) plus after Mcamnesty got the nomination you should've seen the people bend over and tell others on the forum to vote for him so "at least we don't get a black guy" which as I tried to point out, both mccain and obama will send your sons to die for israel.

Basically it frustrates me when people compromise on their principles, if Ron Paul is the embodiment of a Constitutional candidate than by God vote for him (or who he endorses) not the lesser of two evils you spineless cowards.

As you said there are still some intelligent and nice people there, but I find myself more at home on GIM/GSUS than over there.

BoatingAccident
3rd April 2010, 06:41 PM
My forum history is very limited, mostly to GIM. I joined there about a year ago, after lurking for 6 months. That site changed my life, for the better. Mostly, posts from folks here now actually. GIM was a life change for me, completely changing my views 180 degrees.

My one mistake on that site though, was posting a little bit of my personal history, past history. That lead to some heated exchanges from some members, and myself.

I would like to state that I am not involved in any law enforcement, or government agency, for the record. I'd much rather them staying out of my business. A major reason why I'm glad to find this forum, rather than another new forum, because I feel a sense of freedom here.

I dislike law enforcement for different reasons, than most.

If my viewpoints are different because of that, feel free to tell me to pound sand. I won't get offended. ;D

dysgenic
3rd April 2010, 06:49 PM
Waking up is like going broke. I woke up slowly- then all at once. GIM was a big part of that.

dys

1970 Silver Art
3rd April 2010, 06:50 PM
The very first forum that I registered on and participated on was Kitco. Once I was able to register at GIM1, then I eventually stopped posting at Kitco and did most of my posting on GIM1 until it "died". Currently, I post on GIM2 and on this forum and I also post on a forum called Coin Talk.

Argentium
3rd April 2010, 07:16 PM

They apparently are of the opinion that quantity is more important than quality, after obama got elected, the place was swarmed by mindless neo cons. They changed the rules a lot, no mentioning the term ZOG, no Nazi avatars, no religious discussion etc. I have said over there repeatedly that with those kind of rules I think they are modeling it after the ADL forums or something.

They also banned a lot of intelligent long term posters for little reason (not unlike GIM) plus after Mcamnesty got the nomination you should've seen the people bend over and tell others on the forum to vote for him so "at least we don't get a black guy" which as I tried to point out, both mccain and obama will send your sons to die for israel.

Basically it frustrates me when people compromise on their principles, if Ron Paul is the embodiment of a Constitutional candidate than by God vote for him (or who he endorses) not the lesser of two evils you spineless cowards.

As you said there are still some intelligent and nice people there, but I find myself more at home on GIM/GSUS than over there.

I left prior to the selection, as I knew it would be a horror story. I was getting some really bad vibes from upper management. I never found myself comfortable with the other WN sites, it always seemed that personal agendas trumped ideology. I was pleased that I established offline contacts through SF, but once I went inactive, those relationships ended. Sad to hear that they've took the "eat their own" policies. I haven't logged in on over a year, I can't stand to think of what as happened there. For all I know, I've been purged. Did you get the ban hammer there?

LuckyStrike
4th April 2010, 04:18 PM
Did you get the ban hammer there?

Surprisingly no, I've had a couple infractions thats about it. I make a couple posts a month now thats about it.

Here is a thread that pretty much sums up why I don't post there now. Note my responses I am maximumrebel1

http://www.stormfront.org/forum/showthread.php?t=674456