PDA

View Full Version : Gaurdians Of The Free Republic

LuckyStrike
2nd April 2010, 08:10 PM
http://guardiansofthefreerepublics.com/guardian.html

Source: USA Today

Security has been stepped up at some state capitols after an anti-government group mailed letters to more than 30 governors telling them they would be removed from office if they did not resign within three days.

The FBI expects all 50 governors will get the letter from a fringe libertarian group calling itself the Guardians of the Free Republics, the Associated Press writes. The anti-corporate, anti-tax, anti-bank group promotes a "Restore America Plan" that relies on "de jure" (rightful) grand juries convened by citizens. Read about the movement here, here and here.

The group maintains a separate site here.

The group writes, "Only courageous people of high spiritual intention who are willing to stand when called upon, who are drawn to this calling, with forgiveness in their hearts, should apply. You will also be registering simultaneously as a member of the sovereign People on the land of your respective republic. "

The FBI said that although it does not expect violence, it's concerned that the letters might energize more militant groups, particularly after the arrests of nine members of a Christian militia based in Michigan.

k-os
2nd April 2010, 08:19 PM
I am glad you put your old avatar up so that I can get used to your new name.

LuckyStrike
2nd April 2010, 08:29 PM
I am glad you put your old avatar up so that I can get used to your new name.

Likewise ;D

I think it's easier to adjust to a new name than a new avatar. I'm struggling right now trying to remember who is who with all the name and avatar changes.

I spotted you right away even though you did away with the 1337 SN :)