PDA

View Full Version : Science Subforum

Argentium
3rd April 2010, 08:18 AM
Just wanted to say that I really like having this subforum!

k-os
3rd April 2010, 08:27 AM
Me too.

PDT
3rd April 2010, 04:27 PM

Been meaning to ask for a long time...are you a geologist? Physicist? I figure your avatar is saying something about your profession.

Argentium
4th April 2010, 08:21 AM

Been meaning to ask for a long time...are you a geologist? Physicist? I figure your avatar is saying something about your profession.

I'm kind of a jack of all trades. Former geology major, switched to a dual major in chemistry and microbiology. Worked as a lab slave for a couple years in research, went into a private biotech company that made custom DNA and RNA sequences. That was the best job i ever had, unfortunately the company burned through all of its financing from venture cap, Baxter Labs and the US Army and was forced to close. Right now, I'm working as a foundry metallurgist and manager of a job shop. Intellectually unfulfilling, but the money's good!

I collect and fool around with Geiger Counters and other radiation detection gear. I was rad safety officer of the biotech company, in addition to many other jobs there.

PDT
4th April 2010, 09:25 AM
I'm kind of a jack of all trades. Former geology major, switched to a dual major in chemistry and microbiology. Worked as a lab slave for a couple years in research, went into a private biotech company that made custom DNA and RNA sequences. That was the best job i ever had, unfortunately the company burned through all of its financing from venture cap, Baxter Labs and the US Army and was forced to close. Right now, I'm working as a foundry metallurgist and manager of a job shop. Intellectually unfulfilling, but the money's good!

I collect and fool around with Geiger Counters and other radiation detection gear. I was rad safety officer of the biotech company, in addition to many other jobs there.

Sounds like a lot of fun! 8)

Thanks for answering my inquiry!

crazychicken
5th April 2010, 04:04 AM
I'm happy to see this sub forum.

Lots of possibilities.

CC