PDA

View Full Version : TV programming.

wildcard
3rd April 2010, 06:20 PM
There was a thread going on that old site about programming in the teevee.

I'm doing a house renovation/rebuild so I've been downloading a lot of do it yourself time shows and watching them. You can't get away from the brainwashing even in these shows.

This isn't a "what's your favorite tv show" thread. I want to know where you guys see "programming" in popular TV shows.

On the DIY shows there is a ton of multi-culturalism. The green meme never stops. There are a lot of gays included. Either designers/builders are gay or the homeowners are same sex. This Old House often renovates these great old houses or apartments that are turned into low rent housing for 3rd world immigrants that can barely speak English. >:(

These shows helped fuel the real estate/flipping bubble. The tribe dominates the lending that pays for the project, the shysters that will write the contracts, the realtors that produce nothing (but add cost). I'm sure there are some realtors here (or spouses of realtors.) Just callin' it the way I see it.

I can't watch without getting hammered by propaganda! Where do you see it?

sunshine05
3rd April 2010, 06:46 PM
I know what you are talking about. I watch House Hunters....lots of multi-culturalism and same sex couples. It is almost starting to look odd to see a white couple looking for a home:).

One that I saw recently was on MTV. I was flipping through channels and came across "16 and pregnant" and it was pretty much promoting it like it was a good thing. It showed real life kids in that situation with their supportive families. Great way to influence teens! But that is the part of the plan I think:(. TV really is trash.

AlterEgo
3rd April 2010, 06:53 PM
I don't do much if any TV any more. Sometimes the wife will have the nooz on and it is behind me. I can hear it but not see it. To me it is non stop programming. The wife gets so mad I had to move her 9 from the end table to the coffee table. ;D

TV will give you brain cancer!

cigarlover
3rd April 2010, 07:03 PM
Been almost 2 years now with no TV. This house I just bought had 5 of them. The contents of the house came with the deal. All of them are smashed in the 20 yard dumpster out front right now. If I go to someones house I ask them to throw the weather channel on for a sec then try and distract them so they dont go back to the crap on TV.

Like it or not multiculture is here to stay. Thank our politicians and immigration policies along with the lack of security at the border.

wildcard
3rd April 2010, 07:12 PM
Since you mention the Weather channel..., they push the global warming scam every chance they get.

Apparition
3rd April 2010, 07:16 PM
I've stopped watching the tube a long time ago.

Much of it is sensationalized propaganda that is repackaged again and again.

wildcard
3rd April 2010, 07:19 PM
I realize the people that have "killed their TV" get it. We're trying to expose the "programming" so others can see it. Where's my thinky smiley? :D

Hermie
3rd April 2010, 07:37 PM
Since you mention the Weather channel..., they push the global warming scam every chance they get.

I thought the founder of the Weather Channel, John Coleman was instrumental in fighting the Global Warming kooks.
He's called them out many times, said it was a deceptive crock...
I am pretty sure that's the case, but I could be wrong.

wildcard
3rd April 2010, 07:40 PM
Is he still alive and associated with TWC? They are all about the fear in weather and global warming. At least the times I've watched in over the past few years.

wildcard
3rd April 2010, 07:43 PM
He presently works as an on-camera weather caster at KUSI-TV in San Diego but is no longer affiliated with The Weather Channel.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Coleman_%28meteorologist%29

cigarlover
3rd April 2010, 07:51 PM
Here's something sort of related.
Local radio station I have on all the time. Rock station mostly 80's and 90's rock but probably caters to the younger crowd. They run the National gaurd ads constantly like they are promoting helping your community but always fail to mention all of the national gaurdsmen that were ordered overseas to fight the boogey man. I mean terrorists.

Then there's 2 selective service ads. Very deceptive. One says and hammers home how its the law.

The other is a tad different but few 18 yr olds are going to pick up on it.
They talk about what the law says and how if you dont sign up for the selective service you may not qualify for gov benies later on.

Any logical person would say hey, is it the law or is it something I have to do to collect benies later? Can I opt out of this thing? But at 18 with our public school system the way it is they of course are gonna run right out and sign up and never question it.

On TV and the main reason I got rid of it, the advertising is just out of control. We all know it works. We have the worst drug problem in the world right now. Everyone and their brother is on some sort of medication.

AndreaGail
3rd April 2010, 07:56 PM
the glorification of sports and how the black athletes are the only ones you should care about

castefootball.us

wildcard
20th April 2010, 03:58 PM
Ok, so I DL'ed and watched almost every episode of Holmes on Homes. Near the end they were pushing hard for a new more powerful government agency to enforce building codes.

I believe the gov's only purpose should be to serve the people, but these guys were rabid about huge fines because contractors didn't use the latest and greatest techniques or *gasp* actually tried to make a profit while doing their work.

FreeEnergy
20th April 2010, 04:17 PM
I don't normally watch anything....because you have 100 channels and nothing's ever on that's worth spending my time on. At one time we were renovating and watched some show - it was House Hunters or whatever it is where they look for homes and then pick out of 3. After a week it was a drag, how much more "oh, wow, wow, this room is so roomy and the closets are sooo biiig" can you take when they show another garbage drywall, no insulation stick house with cheapo capeting ala walmart, no-imagination rooms and no outside view. On my second week I was about to say wooow what a dump. Pick the house they liked...lemme guess, neither? They bought the house last year and it is already up 10%....but THIS year it is already down 50%...what a load of BS.

1970 Silver Art
20th April 2010, 06:41 PM
I do not watch much TV. I just watch the news and college and pro football when the season starts. Most of the stuff on TV is IMO crap programs. I do not know what agenda these TV programs are pushing because I do not watch those TV programs. Maybe the MSM news is pushing an agenda but I do not pay attention to it because I just do not care one way or the other.