PDA

View Full Version : Come on boys, let's see the ribs receipts.

General of Darkness
3rd April 2010, 06:47 PM
I'm in Cali, so I'm a yank, but a southerner at heart. So enrich me with them.

I know the good one's involve boiling, then barbecuing, I don't have a receipt for a good one.

I do have a decent barbecue sauce receipt.

Simple and easy, and it's not too sweet.

1/2 cup of oil, I use virgin olive oil
1/2 cup of ketchup
1/2 cup of Maple syrup
5 - 7 splashes of wish sauce
5 - 7 splashes of soy
then a nice cover of garlic salt over it all

I use one of those hand held blenders and it comes out a dark pink, and tastes GOOOOOOOOOOOD.

Heimdhal
3rd April 2010, 06:58 PM
My wife has a really good one. For the life of me I can never remember it. I love BBQ and grilling, but I will admit that when it comes to the ribs at least, my wife is the master. I do all the other meets from home made sausage to stuffed burgers and steaks.

She was Fanta on GIM, so maybe shell pop in here sometime this week and post up her family recipe...if we beg her enough.

General of Darkness
3rd April 2010, 07:00 PM
My wife has a really good one. For the life of me I can never remember it. I love BBQ and grilling, but I will admit that when it comes to the ribs at least, my wife is the master. I do all the other meets from home made sausage to stuffed burgers and steaks.

She was Fanta on GIM, so maybe shell pop in here sometime this week and post up her family recipe...if we beg her enough.

If she's your wife couldn't you just have her sit down and post it. Or is she an EX-WIFE. :P

Heimdhal
3rd April 2010, 07:56 PM
yeah, but she was alseep when I posted that (and still is) and we'll be away from the house all day tomorrow.

Shell sign up over here eventualy anyways. Then we're all in trouble. :D

Grog
3rd April 2010, 10:27 PM
Here is the best I know of. Wife uses pork ribs for this. We have a large crock pot and curl two racks in there at one time. Funny part is I'm in Texas, like BBQ central right? We got the recipe from a friend in the UK. Maybe not so funny but it is to me.

They fall off of the bone. Long time at low heat is better. We will prepare and go to work. Ready for dinner with little effort.

Ribs seasoning:
1 tbsp ground black pepper
1 tbsp ground white pepper
2 tsp cayenne pepper
2 tbsp chili powder
2 tbsp ground cumin
2 tbsp dark brown sugar
1 tbsp ground oregano
4 tbsp paprika
2 tbsp salt
1 tbsp granulated white sugar

Keep mixture sealed tightly in the refrigerator.

To prepare to rub onto the ribs mix ¼ cup chili rub and ¼ cup dark brown sugar, mix together and rub on meaty side of ribs. The more you massage it into the meat, the better it'll be. Curl racks meaty side out and stand on ends. Cover in crock-pot and cook on low for 7-8 hours or high for 3-3.5 hours.

Olmstein
4th April 2010, 04:26 AM
No liquid in the crock pot, Grog? I thought the ceramic could crack if it's heated up dry. Maybe I'm wrong?

Grog
4th April 2010, 09:40 AM
The oil from the ribs will melt out. Which is why you stand them on their sides. When you come home from work there will be about an inch of grease in the pot. Use tongs to remove.

coopersmith
4th April 2010, 11:35 AM
We boil our ribs in beer with a head of smashed garlic cloves added, along with some salt and pepper. They are really really good. I dont get all crazy over the sauce, but I do like a thin red vinegar based sauce for ribs.

philo beddoe
4th April 2010, 11:40 AM
Here is the best I know of. Wife uses pork ribs for this. We have a large crock pot and curl two racks in there at one time. Funny part is I'm in Texas, like BBQ central right? We got the recipe from a friend in the UK. Maybe not so funny but it is to me.

They fall off of the bone. Long time at low heat is better. We will prepare and go to work. Ready for dinner with little effort.

Ribs seasoning:
1 tbsp ground black pepper
1 tbsp ground white pepper
2 tsp cayenne pepper
2 tbsp chili powder
2 tbsp ground cumin
2 tbsp dark brown sugar
1 tbsp ground oregano
4 tbsp paprika
2 tbsp salt
1 tbsp granulated white sugar

Keep mixture sealed tightly in the refrigerator.

To prepare to rub onto the ribs mix ¼ cup chili rub and ¼ cup dark brown sugar, mix together and rub on meaty side of ribs. The more you massage it into the meat, the better it'll be. Curl racks meaty side out and stand on ends. Cover in crock-pot and cook on low for 7-8 hours or high for 3-3.5 hours.

karma for the recipe...I'll try it this week

JJ.G0ldD0t
4th April 2010, 12:08 PM
who the hell uses recipes when they BBQ?...

amatures ;D

I'm BBQin' right now :-*

MNeagle
4th April 2010, 01:08 PM
No liquid in the crock pot, Grog? I thought the ceramic could crack if it's heated up dry. Maybe I'm wrong?

No, it won't crack. One of the easiest ways to make baked potatoes:

Scrub potatoes, wrap in foil & pierce w/ a fork a few times. Put potatoes into dry crock pot, low setting all day. They're ready in time for supper!

Argentium
4th April 2010, 02:11 PM

Scrub potatoes, wrap in foil & pierce w/ a fork a few times. Put potatoes into dry crock pot, low setting all day. They're ready in time for supper!

Welcome! +k for you for that tip! Do they taste like restaurant bakers when done?

Heimdhal
4th April 2010, 07:26 PM

'cept techincaly thats not a BAKED potatoe, but a steamed potatoe. ;D

Cebu_4_2
5th April 2010, 06:33 PM
BBQ is different than smoking. I season (secret I can't find at the moment) pork ribs and let them get to room temp. Fire up the smoker and let them sit for a couple hours, take a peek and rearrange if desired. Wait a couple more hours and pull the smaller nibblings out for a tease. once about 8 hours is hit at a constant 210ish I start the basting. Baste every 30 minutes for the final 2 hours.

Forget them boiled out soup pots of flavor LOL

Celtic Rogue
6th April 2010, 05:21 AM
I could never be a muslim as the first time I smelled ribs in a smoker I would convert!!!! :)

CrufflerJJ
10th April 2010, 03:03 PM
I'm in Cali, so I'm a yank, but a southerner at heart. So enrich me with them.

I know the good one's involve boiling, then barbecuing, I don't have a receipt for a good one.

I do have a decent barbecue sauce receipt.

Simple and easy, and it's not too sweet.

1/2 cup of oil, I use virgin olive oil
1/2 cup of ketchup
1/2 cup of Maple syrup
5 - 7 splashes of wish sauce
5 - 7 splashes of soy
then a nice cover of garlic salt over it all

I use one of those hand held blenders and it comes out a dark pink, and tastes GOOOOOOOOOOOD.

I've never cooked spare ribs, but have done "country ribs" a few times using my Weber Smokey Mountain smoker. I use the following recipe (rub/Stage II) for the ribs, omitting the regular BBQ sauce (Stage III):

http://tvwbb.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/2880069052/m/3860093152?f=2880069052&a=tpc&m=3860093152&s=98110183&cdra=Y

For pulled pork, I love the following recipe:

http://www.virtualweberbullet.com/pork1.html

yum, yum, yum!