PDA

View Full Version : Census Crap Driving Me Crazy Rant

Little Ant
4th April 2010, 06:44 AM
As if the colossal waste of $$ sending pre-census letters, the actual census (catbox liner), the "Did you Send it back yet" postcards weren't enough now there's the scores of bulletin boards, signs on the roadways, ads everywhere you look to remind you of new ways to waste $$$. Now I've got the school board calling both my home and cell phones, multiple days & times, with recorded messages from the Superintendent "reminding me to return my census".

We had ads in the paper for temporary census workers starting at $16 bucks an hour. Hope that comes with health insurance cause some are gonna' need it when they start bugging the crap outta' people who didn't answer. >:(

wildcard
4th April 2010, 06:48 AM
I feel the same way LA. The boards around here are full of it. It's eerie. Even one of the local churches has it on their sign. How the hell does a church benefit from the census?

:-\

MoShaniqua
4th April 2010, 06:51 AM
I've been seeing census reminder ads displayed in shop windows around town.
Apparently, our personal information is worth an awful lot of $$ to the feds this time around.

WebTech
4th April 2010, 06:58 AM
Zerro has to keep da boys employed!

Was reading somewhere last week that they are having a huge IT software problem. They have no clue when they will have a number.

Teach them in skools to pass a test, and you will have the country of completely undereducated sheep.

Very scary, indeed.

1970 Silver Art
4th April 2010, 07:08 AM
The Census message is all over the place here locally. They are on TV, the radio, certain places outside, and other places. It is crazy where I am at. I completed and mailed mine in on April 1 but I got another one in the mail. I threw that one away. I hope that a Census worker does not come to my place of residence.

gunDriller
4th April 2010, 07:28 AM
but if they did - wouldn't it be convenient to have a video camera recording the whole conversation ?

is there a time-frame to expect such visits ? i may turn on a webcam and leave it discreetly pointed at the door.

what i heard from the guys at GIM1 was that all you have to answer is "how many people of voting age" live at a residence.

anybody know if that's true ? i'm planning on not doing much question answering if they knock.

Little Ant
4th April 2010, 07:30 AM
I only answered Question 1 myself. That is the only question which the Constitution says they need ask. They rest is BS. They will try and browbeat to get the whole census answered but no go here. No one needs to know how many bathrooms I have or what race my dog is thank you very much. ;D

wildcard
4th April 2010, 07:32 AM
Yep, number of adults in your household for apportioning of representation. That's all the Constitution allows for.

sirgonzo420
4th April 2010, 07:48 AM
Yep, number of adults in your household for apportioning of representation. That's all the Constitution allows for.

What if I live in a household that is *not* represented?

wildcard
4th April 2010, 07:53 AM
Tell them to blow? Who is in there? Just 1 guy with 1 shotgun. Anymore questions? ;D

Libertytree
4th April 2010, 07:59 AM
The way they spammed the tv during the basketball games last night pissed me the fvck off. I like watching the tournament as a mini escape from my usual activities/thinking, they even fvck that up too.

Horn
4th April 2010, 08:09 AM
Wait until it's mandatory to take the next vaccine.

Argentium
4th April 2010, 09:00 AM
I don't recall ZOG doing a hard sell on the MSM for the last Census. The message on the MSM is truly pathetic; "If you don't participate in the Census, your town won't get its full share from Uncle Sugar". Money that we don't have, I might add.

Libertytree
4th April 2010, 09:23 AM
I don't recall ZOG doing a hard sell on the MSM for the last Census. The message on the MSM is truly pathetic; "If you don't participate in the Census, your town won't get its full share from Uncle Sugar". Money that we don't have, I might add.

They use the term "fair share", in one ad it's repeated 2 or 3 times.

Mister_Pennyweather
4th April 2010, 09:35 AM

They use the term "fair share", in one ad it's repeated 2 or 3 times.

Act now to get yours! This is a limited time offer.

Grog
4th April 2010, 10:04 AM
I found the entire thing very ineffective. I received my copy, which I completed and returned in red ink as my minor form of protest. It was the only pen in the house aside from a Sharpie marker. haha :D

Then two days later I receive a reminder. Next week, I get a second copy of the form. Then on Friday I get another reminder. The could have flagged the address as 'complete' and not sent all the follow ups saving three mailings. They paid 4X what they should have paid for my feedback. Totally Inefficient!

Why did I return mine? While I do agree that this time around it seemed s a bit extra-constitutional in nature, I also didn't find anything on the form that they shouldn't already know. All of that information is in their system from tax returns, passports, drivers licenses, property tax, and easily obtained. They got no big secrets from me, so I didn't feel like it was such a big issue. I found the passport process far more offensive.

PDT
4th April 2010, 10:06 AM
I feel the same way LA. The boards around here are full of it. It's eerie. Even one of the local churches has it on their sign. How the hell does a church benefit from the census?

:-\

Church = government institution.

I guess they figure their charity costs will be less if the census shows more minorities than before.

PDT
4th April 2010, 10:08 AM
Was reading somewhere last week that they are having a huge IT software problem. They have no clue when they will have a number.

HA HA HA HA

Typical government. I bet there were at least a dozen suitable software packages that would have worked off the shelf with minor tweaking, but the Census Bureau had to have a built-from-the-ground-up one. That's the way the government always does IT.

PDT
4th April 2010, 10:09 AM
Wait until it's mandatory to take the next vaccine.

They'll have to get past my own "lethal injection" first.

PDT
4th April 2010, 10:09 AM

Was anyone else daring enough to list "Aryan" as their ethnicity?

;D

Desolation LineTrimmer
4th April 2010, 10:20 AM
I told them the number of people at my residence. The rest I told them in a hand written note was none of their business. Since then I have gotten one postcard telling me to fill the whole census, even though I don't have another to fill out. I haven't heard from them since, which has been about 2 weeks.

skidmark
4th April 2010, 10:43 AM
What did you do last time?

Last time I only answered the question regarding the number of people living at this address. Naturally I got a visit from a census worker, didn't answer her questions either.

Told her to get lost, shut the door in her face and that was that.

Gaillo
4th April 2010, 10:46 AM
Zerro has to keep da boys employed!

Teach them in skools to pass a test, and you will have the country of completely undereducated sheep.

Very scary, indeed.

Idiocracy... here we come! ;D

Little Ant
4th April 2010, 10:53 AM
I told them the number of people at my residence. The rest I told them in a hand written note was none of their business. Since then I have gotten one postcard telling me to fill the whole census, even though I don't have another to fill out. I haven't heard from them since, which has been about 2 weeks.

Lovely, so I guess I can expect future harassment since I only answered question 1 as well. I remember my parents being hounded by retards.gov for months when they refused to answer the census when I was growing up in NH. Eventually the feds must have met their quota and gave up. Ahhh, good times, good times. ;D

Libertytree
4th April 2010, 10:55 AM
I've received nothing in the mail, it looks like yaw'll got mine x ten.

Olmstein
4th April 2010, 10:56 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7XtuPvwBa2U

HaroldS
4th April 2010, 11:43 AM

I didn't know to just count adults. I saw a local news show that stated "A child born on April 1 should be included in the household total."

Gaillo
4th April 2010, 11:44 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7XtuPvwBa2U

Oh man!! Thank you for posting that, I was hoping someone had a link to it! Pure, 24K comedy GOLD!!! ;D

Olmstein
4th April 2010, 11:50 AM
I didn't know to just count adults. I saw a local news show that stated "A child born on April 1 should be included in the household total."

HaroldS! Good to see ya!

Hows everything on the westside?

Desolation LineTrimmer
4th April 2010, 12:04 PM
Lovely, so I guess I can expect future harassment since I only answered question 1 as well. I remember my parents being hounded by retards.gov for months when they refused to answer the census when I was growing up in NH. Eventually the feds must have met their quota and gave up. Ahhh, good times, good times. ;D

Now that you mention it, yes a visit is probably what's bound to happen next. Well, all I can say is for the next 6 months I simply won't answer the door unless I'm expecting someone.

Little Ant
4th April 2010, 12:14 PM

Now that you mention it, yes a visit is probably what's bound to happen next. Well, all I can say is for the next 6 months I simply won't answer the door unless I'm expecting someone.
http://www.imfdb.org/images/thumb/6/61/Dukes221-shotgun1.jpg/500px-Dukes221-shotgun1.jpg

Ahh, yes the census worker- As welcome as a revenuer in Hazzard County.

Desolation LineTrimmer
17th April 2010, 11:23 AM

http://www.imfdb.org/images/thumb/6/61/Dukes221-shotgun1.jpg/500px-Dukes221-shotgun1.jpg

Ahh, yes the census worker- As welcome as a revenuer in Hazzard County.

Damn that's a wonderful picture!

iOWNme
17th April 2010, 03:44 PM
Apparently, our personal information is worth an awful lot of $$ to the feds this time around.

You mean like this?:

Census Mark of the Beast (http://www.seektress.com/usc2010.htm)

In the 2000 Census, $167 million was spent on a professional advertising campaign. Well, that's certainly commerce. In 2010, according to this article, "This year, spending on advertising and marketing for the 2010 Census will total $340 million, which, in addition to paid advertising, will include public relations, Web site development and a road tour." This includes the big bucks you know WE the PEOPLE spent on the Super Bowl commercial. I don't know if it includes the cost of printing and mailing the "You're going to be getting a Census letter" letter. That was flat out stupid, and WE paid for it. I know costs keep going up, no doubt. But.... I can flush money down the toilet too, I don't have to work for the Department of Commerce to do so.

I also know they want lots of Americans to do their "duty." Responses are always a challenge. In this article, it states, "In 1970, the rate of return for paper forms was 78 percent. It dropped to 75 percent in 1980 and 65 percent in 1990, greatly inflating costs. " Of course in 1970 they started advertising to boost participation.

So, I'm thinking, if they can fork out millions of dollars to exchange information with me, where's MY cut? I'm the one giving them the info, or not. So where's my part of the exchange? If they want to boost participation, why don't they just pay everyone $25 or so to fill out the form? It'd probably be cheaper.

jedemdasseine
17th April 2010, 07:53 PM
What census? ;D