PDA

View Full Version : Gold-Silver.US Thunderdome

Book
4th April 2010, 09:45 AM
http://www.madmaxmovies.com/flubs/madmax3.html

We are all familiar with the Mel Gibson movie Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome tradition of disputes being settled between two arguing members by locking them in the Thunderdome to resolve their conflict.

I suggest that our new forum Gold-Silver.US create it's own little Thunderdome Section where any two members who collide and start splattering blood all over someone else's thread can be invited to settle their dispute in the Thunderdome section. This feature can prevent a Mod choosing sides and banning one member while favoring another as was all too common at GIM1. Here, a Mod can instantly stop any thread-hijacking argument by ordering them to leave that thread and take it to the Thunderdome.

Just a suggestion...

Book
4th April 2010, 12:06 PM
I think that's a GREAT idea - something that was often suggested at GIM1, but never implemented because the mods enjoyed using their banhammers so much...

Thanks Gaillo. Usually just telling the two hotheads to "take it to the Thunderdome" can save a thread from being hijacked and destroyed by emotions. Common for males to get tunnel-vision while angry and not notice they are in the middle of a public forum thread splattering blood on all the bystanders.

We should expect some heated debates because that's normal in a free forum. No sense in the Mods being forced to pick sides or drastically ban BOTH guys. Just plan for this by providing the Thunderdome ahead of time...

:)

Defender
4th April 2010, 12:26 PM
Two go in, one comes out. Them's the rules.

Ponce
4th April 2010, 12:30 PM
Private room "Enter At Your Own Risk".......have plenty of nitro pills handy.

RJB
4th April 2010, 12:47 PM
That would be cool. Make a chat room for only two to argue, but allow any spectator to enter. The spectators get to vote a point for each good barb one opponent hits the other with.

Welcome to Internet Barbarity! Heh heh heh heh!

JohnQPublic
4th April 2010, 01:38 PM
I have thought about something like this. I have to think about how to implement this.

Book
4th April 2010, 02:05 PM
I have thought about something like this. I have to think about how to implement this.

Just creating the section entitled "Thunderdome" will pretty much implement it. The few forums that have it curiously don't actually ever use it much because just the Mod saying "Take it to the Thunderdome" ends the disruptive fight in any thread. It wakes up the two fools who are hijacking the thread by their bickering. When they realize that they must go into the Thunderdome they suddenly lose all gumption to continue fighting. The thread returns to normal and the fight is soon forgotten.

It kinda operates automatically just by existing.

::)

PDT
4th April 2010, 02:09 PM
CAGE MATCH! CAGE MATCH! CAGE MATCH! CAGE MATCH! CAGE MATCH! CAGE MATCH! CAGE MATCH!

Ponce
4th April 2010, 02:13 PM
It would also be a "neutral" ground where after yelling and cursing they could become friends..........yin-yan........look outside the circle.

Carbon
4th April 2010, 02:14 PM
http://www.madmaxmovies.com/flubs/madmax3.html

We are all familiar with the Mel Gibson movie Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome tradition of disputes being settled between two arguing members by locking them in the Thunderdome to resolve their conflict.

I suggest that our new forum Gold-Silver.US create it's own little Thunderdome Section where any two members who collide and start splattering blood all over someone else's thread can be invited to settle their dispute in the Thunderdome section. This feature can prevent a Mod choosing sides and banning one member while favoring another as was all too common at GIM1. Here, a Mod can instantly stop any thread-hijacking argument by ordering them to leave that thread and take it to the Thunderdome.

Just a suggestion...

Were you at LF? They had occasional cage matches there for the same type scenario as you suggest. They didn't usually work out so well. Actually... they were kinda lame.

The match usually consisted of a chest thumper and an antagonist. Thumper would come out swinging - but the spoil-sport would resort to nit-picking some minute details of the argument trying to get his opponent to capitulate and agree on this minute detail - that seemingly held his whole argument together.

In short, they were generally disruptive and quite boring. Much ado about nothing.

Just sayin'.

Book
4th April 2010, 02:21 PM
In short, they were generally disruptive and quite boring. Much ado about nothing.

Just sayin'.

They would not be "disruptive" in the Thunderdome...they would be entertainment at best and boring at worst.

Would you rather the two fools continue hijacking a thread?

Would you rather the Mods ban one or both?

A Mod just saying "Take it to the Thunderdome" will stop 99% of all thread hijacking disruption.

::)

1970 Silver Art
4th April 2010, 02:24 PM
That sounds like a good idea to me. :)

Ponce
4th April 2010, 02:27 PM
Brook? I just gave you my first :)

Only just now I noticed that I have -8?..........what's wrong with you guys, those that gave me a (-) are the first ones that I want to see in the rubber room grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr >:(

Book
4th April 2010, 02:30 PM
Brook?

Poncho?

LuckyStrike
4th April 2010, 03:25 PM
Who run barter town?

StackerKen
4th April 2010, 03:52 PM
yep sounds like a real good idea.
I vote yes

I can already think of some that need to go there and fight it out.

and having a place for it is the way to go.

Gypsybiker45
4th April 2010, 06:54 PM
Who run barter town?

Embargo on!

keehah
4th April 2010, 07:57 PM
Very doomers(dot)usy!

I had to leave that place when too many closed minded lefties got stuck in thunderdome mode when their cherished delusions were challenged.

I'd prefer one be used as a place to toss drama threads, but not a place for members to start them to call out others.