PDA

View Full Version : WHY DO YOU OWN GOLD?

Goldmaster
4th April 2010, 11:25 AM
An Error Has Occurred!
You cannot delete your own topics in this board.

Ponce
5th April 2010, 07:14 AM
I hold only 20 Maple Leaf which I call my "Run like hell Ponce", impossible to carry all my silver but easy with the 20 oz of gold.

ximmy
5th April 2010, 02:27 PM
easy to buy, easy to hide, easy to carry, easy to sell

willie pete
5th April 2010, 03:16 PM
Stability

RUNFORTHEHILLS
5th April 2010, 09:30 PM
Well it's better than losing 75% in any paper investment right?

Or 50% in real estate, right?

Silver and platinum are just good baskets too, right?

Ironfield
6th April 2010, 12:33 AM
I am holding as a long term preservation of my wealth. no one wants to work all their life only to come to the blissful day of retirement to discover what was once enough to survive on till the end of days is now only worth a few years at best.

I'm just glad I’m starting young. Now I just need to get the ratios right, after all a fist full of fiat vs an ounce of gold. . . well you boys and girls know which one wins out ;D

-Ironfield

RUNFORTHEHILLS
6th April 2010, 07:27 PM
It is worth more than PAPER?

Do I win?

Please say yes it took me a lot of figuring to figure that one out...

Tee tee tee

jaybone
7th April 2010, 09:50 AM
Because I have ZERO faith in the fiat money system, and those that perpetuate it.

I will place my faith in protons, neutrons and electrons instead of,
bankers, brokers and politicians.

uranian
7th April 2010, 09:58 AM
wot jaybone said.

Gneisenau
7th April 2010, 11:45 AM
Buying gold is like saving money to me. 100 years ago everybody who saved some money was stacking gold in a way. Today saving money is like waiting for an accident to happen. When the time is right I will invest my gold into something productive like stocks, etc. Until then I'll keep stacking ,,,

BoatingAccident
7th April 2010, 12:08 PM
I agree with all the reasons listed, but I also buy gold mainly as a way of saying that I don't trust the government anymore. Physically turning in paper and buying gold makes a statement that way.

It's quite liberating, that feeling of turning in paper and saying "hey, I don't want this, I'll take gold instead."

And gold's baby brother silver!

Phenix Pawn
7th April 2010, 04:26 PM
"Gold jewelry (10k 14k ect.) can represent a back-up or reserve insurance value...think about it...most common folks will even horse trade to get it! Your heavy rope chain can get you home in an emergency."

Not to be considered advice nor to advise, just an observation.

Libertarian_Guard
9th April 2010, 01:43 AM
When you're playing 21 and the dealer shows an ace, they offer INSURANCE, but that is not what I consider insurance. Property, health, life and automotive insurance come closer, but they are still not the ultimate insurance.

Gold & Silver are the best insurance. Don't invest without them!

Trinity
9th April 2010, 07:27 AM
Long term speculation. I am not in the doomsday camp. I am in the higher prices for necessities because we are diluting the dollar camp.

Book
9th April 2010, 07:38 AM
One-ounce AGEs to duct tape to my skin for bribing Homeland Security goons at our border.

Gold is the universal passport...lol.

TylerDurden
9th April 2010, 10:38 AM
When you're playing 21 and the dealer shows an ace, they offer INSURANCE, but that is not what I consider insurance. Property, health, life and automotive insurance come closer, but they are still not the ultimate insurance.

Gold & Silver are the best insurance. Don't invest without them!

Exactly. I can't think of any better insurance than to own physical.

Son-of-Liberty
9th April 2010, 10:44 AM
This.....

I hold only 20 Maple Leaf which I call my "Run like hell Ponce", impossible to carry all my silver but easy with the 20 oz of gold.

and this....

Stability

Korbin Dallas
9th April 2010, 10:51 AM
If I could keep it out of the water, It would be stability and capital preservation.

Jenna
9th April 2010, 02:57 PM
Mainly stability and capital preservation as well. It's a wonderful feeling knowing that any gold I own is an asset which isn't someone else's liability, the way fiat currency is debt.

Libertarian_Guard
10th April 2010, 05:22 AM
One-ounce AGEs to duct tape to my skin for bribing Homeland Security goons at our border.

Gold is the universal passport...lol.

Gold speaks all languages.

1970 Silver Art
10th April 2010, 08:14 PM
I currently do not own any gold but if I ever decided to (and can afford to) buy gold, it would be because I like to collect certain gold coins and bars. I am a collector.

Fudup
10th April 2010, 09:01 PM
Someday if gold ever goes down again below $1000 I want to buy some sovereigns to sew into one of my pants waistbands or something like that.

Just because. ;D