2 medium yams
2 cloves garlic
2 tbsp coarsely chopped pumpkin seeds
1 tbsp oregano
1 1/2 tbsp coconut oil
1/2 tbsp basil
sea salt to taste

preheat oven to 300 degrees

cut yams into wedges or chunks. In bowl, combine the garlic, pumpkin seeds, oregano, coco oil, basil, and sea salt. Add yams, stirring with your hands to ensure all the pieces are covered with the mixture. Spread yams on a baking tray lightly oiled with coco oil; bake for about 35 minutes. If you prefer them crispier, leave in oven for an extra 5 to 10 minutes.

makes 2 servings.

I usually end up using 3 or 4 cloves of garlic, and always seem to require more oil than the recipe calls for. I usually prefer to bake them for about ~50-55 minutes total. This is a delicious recipe to make- and easy to do- any idiot can make these- they are dirt cheap to make, even using all organic ingredients. These aren't health food of course, but much preferable to stuffing oneself with potato chips or french fries. Just need a small amount of planning ahead.. prep time on these is probably 10-15 minutes in front of the tel avision... easy recipe to double if you're throwing a party or something. These are a great complement for most salads or rice/pasta dishes.

Here is a ketchup recipe to go with the fries... I have to warn you this tastes NOTHING like commercial ketchup and will take some getting used to because it lacks refined sugars... you see, when tomatoes are heated up to high temperatures, their valuable enzymes and disease fighting properties are reduced or completely destroyed. Therefore, this recipe is raw, leaving all of the health- promoting benefits of the whole foods intact.

4 fresh or soaked dried dates
1 cup chopped tomato
1 cup sun-dried tomato
1/4 cup chopped onion
1/4 cup agave nectar
1/4 cup hemp oil
2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
1 tsp oregano
sea salt to taste

Combine all ingredients in food processor until smooth; keep refrigerated up to 4 weeks. Yields about 3 cups

General of Darkness
4th April 2010, 08:11 PM
I'm going to give that a try. Thanks. ;)

Korbin Dallas
5th April 2010, 03:51 PM
So yam I. Sorry, couldn't resist.