PDA

View Full Version : T-nation.com

saint
4th April 2010, 05:27 PM
Anyone interested in weightlifting, from power lifting - BB to general strength training will find this site very useful.

www.t-nation.com

ST

Olmstein
4th April 2010, 06:17 PM
Anyone interested in weightlifting, from power lifting - BB to general strength training will find this site very useful.

www.t-nation.com

ST

Did that site kind of grow out of the newsgroup misc.fitness.weights? I used to lurk there a ton back in the '90s, before I took a long break form the internet for about 7 years.

saint
5th April 2010, 12:11 PM
I believe it came out of Muscle Media.

Breakoff group started it when the management sold out to the hucksters and shysters. lol.
Sound familiar? lol.

The site has some serious training information - if you can overlook the meathead crap.

ST

Pat Pat
5th April 2010, 12:40 PM
I believe it came out of Muscle Media.

Breakoff group started it when the management sold out to the hucksters and shysters. lol.
Sound familiar? lol.

The site has some serious training information - if you can overlook the meathead crap.

ST

yes that is correct

Muscle Media was pretty good in the beginning, then they started becoming "used car salesmen" for any supplement in the world

Bill Phillips had become a huckster/shyster long before he sold out

;)

Olmstein
5th April 2010, 12:49 PM
From what I remember, 10 years ago, mind you, Bill Phillips was an occasional poster at MFW, but somehow he pissed most of the regulars off, and he was always referred to as Butt Plug

Memories...

saint
6th April 2010, 09:29 AM
Lol - I think he still has the nickname in some circles.

Selling out made him rich - but sure as hell not loved.