PDA

View Full Version : Crockpot Recipes

MNeagle
5th April 2010, 08:41 AM
Love my crockpot! Share your easy recipes here.

1/2 Turkey breast
1 envelope dry ranch dressing

Place turkey breast skin side up in oval crockpot. Sprinkle w/ ranch dressing. Cover & cook on low all day (8 hours or so).

Olmstein
5th April 2010, 08:44 AM
Sounds delish, I'll have to try that.

My usual crockpot meal is a 3 pound beef roast, 1 packet of onion soup mix, 1 cup water. put it on low, 8 hours later, throw in some potatoes, 1 more hour, make some gravy, enjoy.

MNeagle
5th April 2010, 09:20 AM
Here's 2 "non-recipes" which made my life easier when my kids were very young.

"Hamburger Anything"
Take 1 pound frozen hamburger, put into crockpot. Cook on low all day. If you're around, break up the meat a few times. If not around, don't worry about it.

After about 8 hours, crumble meat, drain grease & you're ready for spaghetti sauce, tacos, sloppy joes, et al. Could even add onions if the recipe calls for it.

"Baked Potatoes"

Scrub baking potatoes clean.
Wrap in foil & pierce w/ a fork a few times.

Cook on low all day (no liquid added), ready for supper!

willie pete
5th April 2010, 10:21 AM
I've done beef roast (or almost ANY cut of beef) in the Crock; Cube up the meat or not, 1 can of French Onion soup OR for a different taste, 1 can of Golden Mushroom soup (it doesn't come out with a strong taste of mushrooms) add Celery, Onions, Corn (fresh or frozen), Carrots and Potatoes and hour or so before finished, depending on how soft you like 'em, and don't forget to add the garlic to taste..

sunshine05
5th April 2010, 03:43 PM
Love my crockpot! Share your easy recipes here.

1/2 Turkey breast
1 envelope dry ranch dressing

Place turkey breast skin side up in oval crockpot. Sprinkle w/ ranch dressing. Cover & cook on low all day (8 hours or so).

That sounds good. Do you add any water?

Sometimes I put frozen chicken breasts in the crock pot and pour a bottle of barbecue sauce on it and cook on low all day. It ends up shredding and we make sandwiches with it. Not bad for a low maintenance meal.

MNeagle
5th April 2010, 05:50 PM
No water on the turkey recipe. It has juices to keep it moist.

Osky
7th April 2010, 05:06 AM
A crockpot secret: don't salt the meat before cooking - salt removes moisture from the meat. Just add salt before serving.

Here's a recipe that's simple:

1 Beef Chuck Roast
Garlic Powder
Mrs. Dash Extra Spicy

Rub meat all over with garlic and Mrs. Dash. No water needed. Cook in Crockpot on Low for 8 to 10 hours.

MNeagle
25th July 2010, 04:46 PM
Got a new crockpot cookbook & this one sounds good:

Garlicky Bacon Chicken

8 slices bacon
8 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
2 cans cream of mushroom with roasted garlic soup
1 c. sour cream
1/2 c. all-purpose flour

Wrap one slice of bacon around each chicken breast and place in a slow cooker. In a medium bowl, whisk together soups, sour cream and flour. Pour over chicken. Cover and cook on low setting for 6-8 hours. Serves 8.

Liz Anya
21st October 2010, 01:57 PM
I made the BEST CHICKEN-N-DUMPLINGS EVER for dinner last night in my crockpot!
I came home from work for lunch yesterday and threw it together... I put 3 pounds of bone-in chicken breasts bone-side down in the crockpot. Then sprinkled them liberally with California garlic, white pepper, salt, onion powder, marjoram and basil. Next I poured 2 cans of natural chicken broth in, added some chopped celery and carrots. Put the lid on, turned it to High, and went back to work... ... Five hours later, when my 13 yr. old daughter and I walked through the door, we were greeted with the most amazing aroma! I took the chicken out and shredded it. It fell off the bones. Then I put it back into the pot. So tender and flavorful! I made dumplings from the recipe on the back of the Clabber Girl baking powder can:
"2 cups unbleached white flour, sifted; 2 teaspoons baking powder; 1/2 teaspoon salt; 2 eggs, beaten; 2/3 cup milk.
Mix flour, baking soda and salt. In separate bowl, beat eggs. Add eggs and milk to flour mix. Drop dumplings by teaspoons into stew or gravy, at the steaming point, turn to low heat and cook 10 minutes." In the crockpot, that meant about 20 minutes with the lid on, still on high. Everyone had seconds. I did have to add another can of broth after we ate our first serving... and it was even better for lunch today!

BabushkaLady
12th January 2011, 02:27 PM
When I hear a call for 10+ inches of snow, I fire up the crockpot. Not like I was going out anyway ;D.

Here's my Cabbage Soup recipe; I dump the ingredients into the pot in layers . . . guesstimate your quantities, I like leftovers to freeze.

Sliced Celery
Chunks of Carrots
Cabbage
Sliced Onion
Whole Garlic Cloves
Peppered Pork (any variety--I used a small picnic roast cut up)
1 box of Chicken broth

Cook on high at first, then move to low for the day.

Top the steaming hot bowl of soup with a little grated cheese and Smile!

joe_momma
12th January 2011, 02:46 PM
Pulled pork!

* medium sized pork butt
* 1/2 cup brown sugar
* 12 oz of favorite BBQ sauce
* (optional) 1/2 cap of liquid smoke

Put the butt and liquid smoke into the crockpot on low for 8- 12 hours

Remove butt allow to cool (so as not to burn your hands)
Put the cooled butt on a large flat baking sheet
Use a fork to shred/pull the pork into pieces
(save remnants for split pea soup)

put the pulled pork back into the crock pot
mix the BBQ sauce in

cook on high for 2 hours (really only long enough to get hot)

serve pork in buns/bread with favorite sides (and beer!)

cedarchopper
12th January 2011, 03:36 PM
Crockpot Potato Soup

8- organic Russet potatoes
8- uncured bacon strips
1- onion
5- cloves garlic
2 oz's butter
2 cups half and half
3 cups chicken broth
3 cups water
dried parsley
mozzarella cheese
salt/pepper

Cut up potatoes into smallish cubes (I leave the peels on, but whatever your personal preference), add water, and chicken broth. Fry bacon crisp, saute onion and garlic...add after the potatoes have cooked soft (also, take a potato masher and partially mash some of the potatoes in the broth to make a thicker consistency). Add butter, half and half, and season with salt/pepper. When serving top with shredded mozzarella and a little dried parsley.

RJB
12th January 2011, 05:22 PM
I posted this in it's own thread yesterday. It seems more appropriate here. I'll post a good sauerbrauten recipe next.

Russian Borscht soup.

This has a very red broth and hearty flavor. It works nice around the holidays for my kids with the red and green colors. I make it differently everytime based on what's in the pantry and fridge but here is the basics-- All ingredience are fresh. I'm snowed in, so this will sit on the back burner on low heat for a few days. Each day it gets better (add more water as it evaporates.)

1 lbs to 2 lbs of chopped meat (beef, lamb, I used venison today)
A few cloves of garlic. I like a lot 3 - 10
A large onion.

Chop and stir fry in oil (butter, olive etc.) in a dutch oven (or crock pot) until onions are soft but not burnt.

Add (pre-chopped) (approximates):
2 or 3 tomatos,
3 red beets (put the leaves aside),
a head of cabbage.
Today I added okra (add squash etc. if you like), but cabbage, beets and tomato are the basics also add the bones from the meat too.

Add about a 1/4 cup of red wine,
1/4 cup of red wine vinegar,
juice of a fresh squeezed lemon,
a couple bay leaves,
add stock (or water) to just cover and heat to a simmer, and the let stew on low for a while. Add salt, pepper, other spices to taste.

15 minutes before serving add chopped up red beet leaves.

Taste and add salt or spices that seem to be missing and serve garnished with dill.

chud
16th February 2011, 08:37 PM
I'll post a good sauerbrauten recipe next.

I eagerly await your sauerbrauten recipe! Mmmmm, sauerbraten...

MNeagle
16th February 2011, 08:42 PM
A crockpot secret: don't salt the meat before cooking - salt removes moisture from the meat. Just add salt before serving.

Here's a recipe that's simple:

1 Beef Chuck Roast
Garlic Powder
Mrs. Dash Extra Spicy

Rub meat all over with garlic and Mrs. Dash. No water needed. Cook in Crockpot on Low for 8 to 10 hours.

Thanks for this recipe. I pulled out a roast for tomorrow & was wondering what I could do 'new' with it. This will work great!

Also looking forward to RJB's sauerbraten recipe!

Thanks for the thread bump chud.

milehi
16th February 2011, 08:48 PM
1 roast
1 16oz jar of peppercinis including juice
1 12oz bottle of Guinness beer

Cook for 8 hours

MNeagle
16th February 2011, 08:55 PM
I had to google peppercini!

Don't believe I have any, might roasted red pepper be close? Also, with the peppercini, would kids eat it (the roast, not the veggie)? Is it very fiery?

Sounds like it would make a great italian sub...

milehi
16th February 2011, 09:30 PM
I had to google pepperoncini!

Don't believe I have any, might roasted red pepper be close? Also, with the pepperoncini, would kids eat it (the roast, not the veggie)? Is it very fiery?

Sounds like it would make a great italian sub...

Peppercinis are very mild. You'll mainly find them in Italian subs or Greek salads. Roasted red peppers sounds good too. The peppercinis come sliced or whole also. You could use the whole peppers to make it easy for the kids to pick them out and you could also go with only half the juice.

muffin
21st February 2011, 08:33 AM
We've been using this recipe for a month or so. Simple and good. Found it on allrecipes.com....

2-3 pound pork loin roast
1/4 cup olive oil
1/2 cup white wine
2-3 cloves of minced garlic
about 2 teaspoons of rosemary (more or less to your taste)
salt/pepper to taste

Cook on low for 6-8 hours (depends on size of roast). When roast is done, remove and thicken liquid with flour. You can double the olive oil and wine for more gravy.

It's good with some mashed potatoes and homemade rolls!! And leftovers can be used for other things. If you have rolls leftover, make pork sliders! Mmmm. So easy and so good ;)

Our local chinamart had a special on huuuge porkloins recently. We bought 2 and cut them into about 6 or 7 roasts and about a total of 10 porkchops (with a little bit leftover for chili verde) for 30 bucks. I think that's not too bad....

I looooove my crockpot!!

MNeagle
4th January 2012, 07:56 PM
Reminder for you to check your gear. Mine specifically, was the big crockpot, that I didn't use since last summer.

Found out tonight the low and warm settings no longer work. :(

ETA, am now trying another outlet as suddenly High setting isn't working either!! Something's off, as the high was working all afternoon just fine.

muffin
5th January 2012, 06:54 AM
I broke the insert for mine last year. I really loved that one too. I tried to just replace the insert but it's hard to find one. They make them so differently now. It's easier and cheaper to just replace the whole thing. I got my new one for $20 at Target.

SusanMcGee
8th March 2016, 08:34 PM
Recipe Name :- CROCK POT SMOTHERED PORK

INGREDIENTS
6 pork chops
2 cans of cream of mushroom soup (10¾ oz cans)
6 oz can of french fried onions
2 stalks of celery, chopped
1¼ c milk
1½ t salt
1 t pepper
Prepared rice
INSTRUCTIONS
Cut pork chops into bite size pieces
Place pork pieces in crock pot and combine well with all ingredients except rice
Cover and cook on high for 4 hours or low for 6 hours
Serve over rice and sprinkle with french fried onions