PDA

View Full Version : intelligent design

StackerKen
5th April 2010, 08:49 AM
I am amazed by the Microscopic Machines that are everywhere in Nature!

I am convinced that these Machines Had to have an Intelligent Designer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1fiJupfbSpg&feature=player_embedded

StackerKen
5th April 2010, 08:51 AM
hey WT

I don't know why it does that every time I paste the embed code for youtube

Can you fix my posts?
Thanks

StackerKen
5th April 2010, 09:10 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=quOoax5RASk&feature=player_embedded

striped_bear
5th April 2010, 09:10 AM
I honestly have no idea how life came into existence, and like you those tiny machines blow my mind.

When I was studying biology in university I used to enter into a meditative state while observing microscopic creatures or cells, and when learning about the Awesome complexity and genius of the functioning of the human body. I used to call it "the Tao of biology".

It made me feel close to God.

Actually I was looking up microscopes online the other day. Thinking about getting a high powered one so I can look at all sorts of interesting things under it.

Libertarian_Guard
5th April 2010, 09:24 AM
I could never wrap my mind around the reality of how order evolved out of chaos. I accept it as such, but how could order have come about?

Ponce
5th April 2010, 11:01 AM
I wont say a word, don't know anthing about it........but I do know about the birds and the bees ;D

PDT
5th April 2010, 01:11 PM
It is illogical to believe that great order came from absolute chaos without intervention. Yet so many people want to believe in the illogical, since the idea of a Creator is offensive to their egoism.

PDT
5th April 2010, 01:11 PM
hey WT

Can you fix my posts?
Thanks

Use the modify button on your post...remove the embed code and just replace it with the main URL from your browser address line.

singular_me
5th April 2010, 05:14 PM
There is an intelligent design, i agree with it... what i disagree with is the representation of the Bible for example (since I was raised a catholic)

the day we'll understand the nature of Light, all existing religions will be abolished. Oooh wait, as long as we have the vatican cartel anc co.... sponsored by their blind believers, I meant.

Learn (hidden-non mainstream) sciences, that the best way to understand that very intelligent design... that is why sciences has always been at odds/war with spirtuality. Another vortex.

edit: all religions in there own words tell the same - all contain the same truths and deceptions. I posted on GIM1 an article shredding the light over the Library of Alexandria in fire which destroyed many of the orginal bible texts and then where re-arranged by Constatine. The fire was not an accident, in my view, just like 911, so it gave the elites back then the opportunity to fix some of them. Also I dont consider jesus as the son of god... this level of enlightenment has been attained by quite a number of spiritualists so far, which have kept their 'Human Status" why is that?

I am not saying that believing in Jesus is ludicrous... but it is about time to demystify some myths in order to see through the fog.

If we didnt have so many scams around, logially as knowledge progresses, we'd become more able to copy/reproduce the very intelligent design more and more accurately, so what does it mean? That we have God' skills within us.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9owWje4NZqs

Saul Mine
5th April 2010, 05:15 PM
hey WT

Can you fix my posts?
Thanks

It's because the forum software ignores the code and then embeds the url. So don't copy the embed code. Copy the url instead.

singular_me
5th April 2010, 05:16 PM
hey WT

Can you fix my posts?
Thanks

just copy and past the link in the browser. and it will work. That is what I do.

StackerKen
5th April 2010, 10:11 PM
Thanks for your help guys! :)

greenbear
11th April 2010, 10:19 PM
I could never wrap my mind around the reality of how order evolved out of chaos. I accept it as such, but how could order have come about?

Why do you accept it? That sounds like a statement of faith.

Have you ever observed order emerging from chaos in the natural world?

Libertarian_Guard
12th April 2010, 02:02 AM

It find it more difficult to accept that order allways existed, giving rise with natural efficiency and higher life forms. If such were the case, either it would have formed a base line long before any complex life, or multi-cell life arose, or we would have been obsolete. Unless I'm just caught-up in the moment, and we become obsolete, eclipsed by higher and higher life forms.

greenbear
17th April 2010, 01:25 PM

It find it more difficult to accept that order allways existed, giving rise with natural efficiency and higher life forms. If such were the case, either it would have formed a base line long before any complex life, or multi-cell life arose, or we would have been obsolete. Unless I'm just caught-up in the moment, and we become obsolete, eclipsed by higher and higher life forms.

Order in the universe didn't always exist because the universe had a beginning. It was created from nothing by the Word.

John 1:1-3 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. The same was in the beginning with God. All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

7th trump
17th April 2010, 05:10 PM

Order in the universe didn't always exist because the universe had a beginning. It was created from nothing by the Word.

John 1:1-3 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. The same was in the beginning with God. All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

There was order from the beginning green. God doesnt make anything incomplete or caodic. The "word" is Jesus Christ green. Always has been Jesus Christ and always will be.
In fact, the "Word" became flesh and walked among us..............................Jesus Christ!

John 1:14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

If you go back to Genesis and reread from the beginning God created the Heavens and the earth and earth became void..................wasnt created void. It became void.
The NIV is nortorious for changing out words to change the meaning.

Saul Mine
17th April 2010, 05:16 PM
Intelligent design is a philosophy and it suffers the same shortcoming as any other philosophy: it is based on human wisdom. Philosophy means love of wisdom. Wisdom is good; the bible says you should try to get some. It also says fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom. If you have no fear of the Lord your philosophies are non-starters. God is the God of rightness. If you follow something else ... Well, you are stuck with something else.

greenbear
17th April 2010, 05:34 PM

There was order from the beginning green. God doesnt make anything incomplete or caodic. The "word" is Jesus Christ green. Always has been Jesus Christ and always will be.
In fact, the "Word" became flesh and walked among us..............................Jesus Christ!

John 1:14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

If you go back to Genesis and reread from the beginning God created the Heavens and the earth and earth became void..................wasnt created void. It became void.
The NIV is nortorious for changing out words to change the meaning.

7th,

I didn't say the universe was created with no order, I said there cannot be order in a universe that has not yet been created. It was created from nothing by the Word. Of course, the Word is Jesus Christ, the Son of God.

I would not touch an NIV. I think I've made that abundantly clear that I'm KJBO, haven't I? :)

StackerKen
17th April 2010, 05:48 PM
I would not touch an NIV. I think I've made that abundantly clear that I'm KJBO, haven't I? :)

I think you have made that clear GB :)

Sometimes I copy and paste other translations here. Because they seem to be easier for me to understand.(easier for me and others I assume)

edited for clarity

StackerKen
21st April 2010, 02:01 PM
Scientists get excited about finding stone tools in a cave because these speak of intelligence—a tool maker. They could not have designed themselves. Neither would anyone believe that the carved Presidents' heads on Mt. Rushmore were the product of millions of years of chance erosion. We can recognize design—the evidence of the outworkings of intelligence—in the man-made objects all around us.

Similarly, in William Paley's famous argument, a watch implies a watchmaker.

Today, however, a large proportion of people, including many leading scientists, believe that all plants and animals, including the incredibly complex brains of the people who make watches, motor cars, etc., were not designed by an intelligent God but rather came from an unintelligent evolutionary process.

greenbear
27th May 2010, 10:26 AM
Scientists get excited about finding stone tools in a cave because these speak of intelligence—a tool maker. They could not have designed themselves. Neither would anyone believe that the carved Presidents' heads on Mt. Rushmore were the product of millions of years of chance erosion. We can recognize design—the evidence of the outworkings of intelligence—in the man-made objects all around us.

Similarly, in William Paley's famous argument, a watch implies a watchmaker.

Today, however, a large proportion of people, including many leading scientists, believe that all plants and animals, including the incredibly complex brains of the people who make watches, motor cars, etc., were not designed by an intelligent God but rather came from an unintelligent evolutionary process.

It's the miracle of evolution, Ken. :) Any theory will suffice as long as it does not allow for the reality of a judgment.

StackerKen
27th May 2010, 10:34 AM
I think your right sister.

I get a kick out of the ones that understand the fact that there had to be a intelligent designer but still refuse to admit (or submit) to a creator...and bring up extraterrestrials....

But don't want to talk about who created the extraterrestrials :)

StackerKen
27th May 2010, 10:55 AM
Peacock feathers are really Fascinating. The colors are not from pigment.

really complex

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC240659/

We report the mechanism of color production in peacock feathers. We find that the cortex in differently colored barbules, which contains a 2D photonic-crystal structure, is responsible for coloration. Simulations reveal that the photonic-crystal structure possesses a partial photonic bandgap along the direction normal to the cortex surface, for frequencies within which light is strongly reflected. Coloration strategies in peacock feathers are very ingenious and simple: controlling the lattice constant and the number of periods in the photonic-crystal structure. Varying the lattice constant produces diversified colors. The reduction of the number of periods brings additional colors, causing mixed coloration.
Other Sections▼

Color production in nature takes advantage of either structural coloration (1, 2) or pigmentation. Structural colors result from the interaction of light waves with a featured structure having the same order of size as the light wavelength. Structural colors in avian feathers have been usually qualitatively understood by thin-film interference (3–5) or the scattering from a spongy matrix structure incoherently (6, 7) or coherently (8, 9). Although the structural colors of avian feathers have been studied for a long time (10–14), many questions remain to be answered. In particular, the precise physical mechanism that produces the diversified colors in peacock tail feathers has not been established.