PDA

View Full Version : The place to be

Bildo
5th April 2010, 12:31 PM
Well, I spent some time at both GIM2 and G-S now. Although GIM2 has more numbers, this looks to be where the majority of the posters who had anything interesting to say came. My decision to spend my time at G-S.us is mostly because of the members that decided to come here.

The other reason is that I don't trust the way GIM fell. The official story stinks and I feel a bit betrayed by what I thought was a "different" kind of community.

With that, this forum needs content if it's to survive. As a lurker with nothing interesting to say, I had only a few hundred posts at GIM over all those years but I will try to contribute more often to G-S.us to do my part.

My gratitude goes to the creator of this forum.

Shorty Harris
5th April 2010, 12:35 PM
Welcome Bildo, You pretty much echo my reasoning for making the move here from GIMTOO. Good group here.

Libertytree
5th April 2010, 12:39 PM
Welcome Bildo!

Ash_Williams
5th April 2010, 01:54 PM
It's certainly the members that will determine which forum wins out, or if there is a place on the internet for both.

To me, GIM died when GIM died, I don't feel more loyalty to a GIM2 than to another forum just because it carries the name. I would imagine many other members feel the same.

I see many of the interesting members here already. If the content is good I can see this forum doing well and picking up more 'classic' members. The other one has bad vibes right now - it just doesn't feel right.

So who set this forum up?

UFM
5th April 2010, 02:48 PM
I believe this forum is owned by the same person that owns GIM2.

Divide and Conquer.

WebTech
5th April 2010, 03:54 PM

Divide and Conquer.

We are pretty tolerant of free thinking here. That said you are a troll and on my watch list.

We will let you live for now. ;D

+B

UFM
6th April 2010, 02:47 PM

Divide and Conquer.

We are pretty tolerant of free thinking here. That said you are a troll and on my watch list.

We will let you live for now. ;D

+B

You just contradicted yourself.

Free thinking is tolerated here yet I'm on your "watch list" for posting my opinion.

Thanks for sparing my virtual life. I came to this forum because I thought it was a new and improved GIM that wouldn't just ban me for mentioning the evil jews or speaking my mind no matter how controversial my opinion is.

So far I've been smited and called a troll simply for calling things like I see it.

chad
6th April 2010, 03:07 PM
my 2 cents: most of the smart people are on this forum.

Unobtainium
6th April 2010, 06:02 PM
I am pleasantly surprised at how well this forum is taking shape. There are many interesting subforums here, and I intend to put in a contribution at the cooking forum for my wife's amazing spare ribs recipe!
My initial fear was that this site would become another Golden Agora. What I see instead is a site that has the potential to be the true successor to the old GIM, I mean the "Golden Years" GIM from early 2004 to 2006/7. Great minds, great dialogue, great learning.

Gaillo
6th April 2010, 06:15 PM
I am pleasantly surprised at how well this forum is taking shape. There are many interesting subforums here, and I intend to put in a contribution at the cooking forum for my wife's amazing spare ribs recipe!
My initial fear was that this site would become another Golden Agora. What I see instead is a site that has the potential to be the true successor to the old GIM, I mean the "Golden Years" GIM from early 2004 to 2006/7. Great minds, great dialogue, great learning.

That's my impression of the site as well. Let's all make this a truly exceptional oasis in the vast wasteland of the 'net! (how does it go? 40 billion websites and nothing's on?) ;D

Ponce
6th April 2010, 06:34 PM
Welcome Bildo......

Chad? am I one of the "smart" ones?..........please please please say YES ;D, I even gave you a smile hahahahahahahah.

Well, if not one of the smartest ones at least most interesting ......... ::)