PDA

View Full Version : V for Vendetta

greenbear
5th April 2010, 05:50 PM
First, I would like to thank JQP for making this new home for those of us who find fault with GIM and GIM2 for very good reasons.

I was hopeful that this site could replace and exceed GIM, if not in sheer numbers, then by content and spirit.

I hate censorship, it is the antithesis of individual freedom and I hate manipulation and group think and I will never (edit: willingly) be a part of something where that is prevalent.

As a Bible believing Christian, I am more than happy and grateful to be on a forum hosted by a Catholic gentleman, as well as having to wade through the posts of Christian Identity members in every other thread, and everything else that I don't agree with, as long as different arguments and viewpoints are allowed to be expressed.

I think the word is out about G-S.us at GIM2 and for the most part I appreciate the efforts of members here to get the word out. I feel it's only fair that former GIMers have the opportunity to be informed about this Forum. I think the word is out for goodness sake.

IMVHO, it is time to put the past behind us. Let's exhibit a little class. Let's show a little mercy and compassion.

This Vendetta against GIM2 is really rubbing me the wrong way. The TPTB struck. So what, it's happened before and it will happen again.

Right now we have an opportunity to have a voice. Let's just move on.

There are people from other Economic/Financial/PM sites that may be checking us out.

Maybe we should start applying ourselves to what we are all gathered here for!

End of rant.

General of Darkness
5th April 2010, 06:10 PM
Good Rant.

Libertytree
5th April 2010, 06:15 PM
Well spoken Gb, +K.

steyr_m
5th April 2010, 07:04 PM
Well said, I still am not too sure as to what happened to GIM. At first I thought it was an April fools joke, then hear lots of things like in your post.

What the heck really happened?

General of Darkness
5th April 2010, 07:20 PM
Well said, I still am not too sure as to what happened to GIM. At first I thought it was an April fools joke, then hear lots of things like in your post.

What the heck really happened?

There's a whole section on what people thought about what happened, I'm tired of speculating.

fiftybagger
5th April 2010, 07:39 PM
Exactly. There's plenty of speculation in the GIM Discussion thread, but I don't think newer members can access some entire threads, though. It all depends on your registration date.

greenbear
5th April 2010, 09:13 PM
Exactly. There's plenty of speculation in the GIM Discussion thread, but I don't think newer members can access some entire threads, though. It all depends on your registration date.

Oops. I had been changing settings on fifty's account and accidently posted under his account. Please don't ban me!

Ponce
5th April 2010, 09:28 PM
If I were to cry for every time that I was banned from a forum, or lost over 100 grand, or lost a girlfriend or what ever, what ever.......I would be crazy.

What has always keep me sane is a course by EST back in 1978 (Sep B) I have learned that I only live for myself and that I am the only one that can do anything for myself........that's why I so much fun with you guys, we are not at the same level......doesn't mean that I am better than you, but simply that we look at things from a different view point or perspective.

StackerKen
5th April 2010, 10:49 PM
I got banned today...I was angry....I said(typed) some stuff i shouldn't have....

Im over it now... Not angry....time for bed

Good thread Greenbear

Is that your Kitty?

Celtic Rogue
6th April 2010, 05:01 AM
Could not have said it better! Leave the past behind as you have no control over it focus on the now where you can make a difference... and if you focus on the now the future should take care of itself!

CJay8
6th April 2010, 05:12 AM
I agree with 100% GB. Let's move on. I learned a long time ago to make friends with pain because then you'll have a friend for life.

jaybone
6th April 2010, 05:45 AM
People are desperately looking for a something to hold on to after the fracturing of GIM,
some mare happy @ GIM2,
and I say God bless them, and leave them be.

There is no reason for anger towards anybody but those responsible for the destruction of GIM.
That decision was made by the owners, not the users, induced by who knows.
So let's focus on making this a great board where people can enjoy free speech, those that are with us will come.

greenbear
8th April 2010, 10:24 PM
I got banned today...I was angry....I said(typed) some stuff i shouldn't have....

Im over it now... Not angry....time for bed

Good thread Greenbear

Is that your Kitty?

Thanks, Ken.

That was Oliver. He was a wonderful kitty- the best of the best. He thought he was a dog, lol. He fetched, chewed on stuff, "helped" with anything you did around the house, played hide and seek, stared at you relentlessly until he got what he wanted- he was a real special guy. He died last winter of congestive heart failure. I'm still kinda getting over it. Animals are wonderful, they add so much to life.

1970 Silver Art
9th April 2010, 03:36 AM
Yeah I agree. It is time to move on and to concentrate on making Gold-Silver.US to be the best gold and silver online forum on the internet. Like Greenbear said, the GIM2ers (and guests) know about GSUS now. The energy that is wasted on attacking and bashing GIM2 can be better spent on writing excellent posts on gold and silver and various economic topics as well as current events.

Everybody knows that GSUS exist so know lets just concentrate on proving to the internet world that Gold-Silver.US is the best gold and silver forum to be on the internet.

StackerKen
9th April 2010, 09:53 PM
Thanks, Ken.

That was Oliver. He was a wonderful kitty- the best of the best. He thought he was a dog, lol. He fetched, chewed on stuff, "helped" with anything you did around the house, played hide and seek, stared at you relentlessly until he got what he wanted- he was a real special guy. He died last winter of congestive heart failure. I'm still kinda getting over it. Animals are wonderful, they add so much to life.

Kinda hard for me to find my way back threads on this new Board.

Greenbear Im sorry for you loss...I know how ruff it can be. :(
Oliver was a good looking cat :)

greenbear
9th April 2010, 10:00 PM
Thanks, Ken.

Kinda hard for me to find my way back threads on this new Board.

Greenbear Im sorry for you loss...I know how ruff it can be. :(
Oliver was a good looking cat :)

I know what you mean about keeping track of threads. Thanks Ken. He was a cutie pie!