PDA

View Full Version : What are you doing with your Income Tax Check?

skid
5th April 2010, 08:56 PM
I haven't done my taxes yet, but i am expecting a few thousand dollars back. I should be buying preps, or fixing up my acreage, or starting my garage, but.... I'm going to get a hot tub instead!

I work pretty hard around my place doing physical work, and look forward to sitting in a nice cedar hot tub at the end of the day with a ice cold beer.

This is the model I am considering buying: www.snorkel.com

Wood fired, so I have to prepare the tub a few hours in advance. I will drain the old and add fresh water every time I use it, as I don't like to sit in a bunch of chemicals (Japanese style).

What are you going to do or buy??

Rebel Yarr
5th April 2010, 08:58 PM
mailing it to those effers next week ;/

AndreaGail
5th April 2010, 09:09 PM
I owed $300 plus

Just mailed it via snail mail last week

wilhelm
5th April 2010, 09:11 PM
few things better than a nice soak with some coldies

I'm in the biz, use silver as the sanitizer instead of chlorine, bromine, or ozone.

They make a commercial silver kit, but collodial silver is easier and much cheaper

Hellsbane
5th April 2010, 09:24 PM
Earmarked for survival.

Grog
5th April 2010, 09:25 PM
Check? I owed this year. >:(

Ponce
5th April 2010, 09:36 PM
Skid? at least you will die nice and clean, and warm........use that money to work on your preps........remember........."To be ready is not"... Ponce

There always is something else to do or buy.

skid
5th April 2010, 09:48 PM
Skid? at least you will die nice and clean, and warm........use that money to work on your preps........remember........."To be ready is not"... Ponce

There always is something else to do or buy.

I know what you're saying Ponce, but I've been prepping for 8 or 9 years now. While there is always more one could do, I thought I'd give the family and myself a little treat. This tub is survival prepper approved! The hot tub is wood fire heated, so works even if there is no grid:)

skid
5th April 2010, 10:01 PM
few things better than a nice soak with some coldies

I'm in the biz, use silver as the sanitizer instead of chlorine, bromine, or ozone.

They make a commercial silver kit, but collodial silver is easier and much cheaper

Have you got a link to the commercial silver kit? I don't know how to make colloidal silver. Can I just throw a 10 oz silver bar in the bottom of the tub and hope nobody finds it:)??

wilhelm
5th April 2010, 10:23 PM
skid, you would probably be good to go with the 10 ouncer ;D. stick it in the middle of the filter out of sight. or you could buy a bottle of ASAP colloidal f and pour a tablespoon in after every heavy use like I do. the commercial kit is:

http://www.poolgeek.com/Nature-2-Spa-Purifier-P3054.aspx?utm_source=googlebase&utm_medium=cpc&utm_term=Nature%202%20Spa%20Purifier&utm_campaign=googlebase

Laulewasikaw
6th April 2010, 03:50 AM
what income tax check ?

MarketNeutral
6th April 2010, 03:55 AM
I owe. Will mail as late as possible.

Celtic Rogue
6th April 2010, 03:59 AM
skid, you would probably be good to go with the 10 ouncer ;D. stick it in the middle of the filter out of sight. or you could buy a bottle of ASAP colloidal f and pour a tablespoon in after every heavy use like I do. the commercial kit is:

http://www.poolgeek.com/Nature-2-Spa-Purifier-P3054.aspx?utm_source=googlebase&utm_medium=cpc&utm_term=Nature%202%20Spa%20Purifier&utm_campaign=googlebase

I dont think a oz bar has enough surface area to have any antibactirial effect... Coloidial silver would work... but a good UV filter componant will keep the water pristine!

I bought lumber and fencing for my raised bed garden with my so callled refund! ;D