PDA

View Full Version : Appleseed in South West Florida April 17

Heimdhal
6th April 2010, 12:13 PM
THere is an appleseed shoot in Myakka, Florida (hour or so south of Tampa) the weekend of the 17th.

A few of us GIM'ers are planning on going, so Im putting htis out there to see if anyone else form the area would be interested.

k-os
6th April 2010, 04:35 PM
Can't wait!

Is Fanta going? :-)

NOOB
6th April 2010, 05:49 PM
Bring back the rifleman badge. I am going to appleseed again in June and I hope to get my patch.

Heimdhal
6th April 2010, 05:54 PM
Can't wait!

Is Fanta going? :-)

Nah, she cant make it to this one. Just me :(

Heimdhal
6th April 2010, 05:55 PM
Bring back the rifleman badge. I am going to appleseed again in June and I hope to get my patch.

I'll do my best! ;D

Awoke
19th April 2010, 05:20 AM
So, how did it go?

Heimdhal
19th April 2010, 08:22 AM
So, how did it go?

It went good. LibertyTree and K-os met me there and we made a good weekend of it. We didnt get alot of pictures, but there was a guy there taking quite a few and theyll be posted on the appleseed website. When tehy go up, I'll throw a few of em on here.

Ill be putting a new thread up when Im home (still outta town, limited computer access) with more details. Suffice to say, K-os, the newest shooter among the three of us outscored both libertyTree and myself on nearly every single target....... :'(

We are quite proud of her.

k-os
19th April 2010, 08:42 AM
It was really awesome instruction. The Appleseed volunteers are extremely thorough and many like minded people were in attendance. During breaks, the volunteers taught us some Revolutionary War history and read from Paul Reveres Ride.

I am hurting in all kinds of places and have bruises all over. My elbows, ribs, hip bones. My thumbs are even bruised from loading 600 or so rounds. What I learned here . . . I need to get in better shape!

It was a great education all around, and I am inspired to get my patch! At one point it seemed possible, but I choked on the pressure. :boohoo I plan on going again next month to get that patch.

We had a great time camping too, even if it did rain.

Awoke
19th April 2010, 08:59 AM
Good for you, K-os! Great to see you G-Sers getting involved in grassroots events like this.

I wish we had a similiar kind of event in Canada in the area I live in.

NOOB
19th April 2010, 03:06 PM
I am going again in June. Great instruction that has improved my rifle shooting tremendously.

k-os
20th April 2010, 08:47 AM
Does anyone remember who brought up the Appleseed Project on GIM in the first place? I am sorry to say that I do not remember, but I would like to thank that person.

Who ever it is should be proud of himself for inspiring more riflemen exponentially.

Was it you, NOOB?

k-os
20th April 2010, 08:51 AM
Good for you, K-os! Great to see you G-Sers getting involved in grassroots events like this.

I wish we had a similiar kind of event in Canada in the area I live in.

Thanks Awoke, it was incredible. I think you should consider a road trip to Michigan (or whatever event is nearest to you). I drove 4 hours each way to the event nearest to me, and I am going to keep making the trek until I get my badge. ;D

Book
20th April 2010, 08:51 AM
http://appleseedinfo.org/want-to-know-more.html

More info here.

:oo-->

NOOB
20th April 2010, 10:05 AM
Does anyone remember who brought up the Appleseed Project on GIM in the first place? I am sorry to say that I do not remember, but I would like to thank that person.

Who ever it is should be proud of himself for inspiring more riflemen exponentially.

Was it you, NOOB?

It might have been me actually.
I can't say enough about the program. A good tip for those that have never been is to order some targets and the riflemans guide before you go. Me and a friend shoot the aqt target probably once a month during the shooting months.

k-os
20th April 2010, 10:16 AM

Was it you, NOOB?

It might have been me actually.
I can't say enough about the program. A good tip for those that have never been is to order some targets and the riflemans guide before you go. Me and a friend shoot the aqt target probably once a month during the shooting months.

Well, thank you! I can't say enough about it either. What an education.

Awoke
20th April 2010, 11:34 AM
Hmmmm, I actually have friends and Family in Michigan too....

Would they have oepn arms for a Canadian? Or would there be some legal issues?

k-os
20th April 2010, 12:50 PM
Hmmmm, I actually have friends and Family in Michigan too....

Would they have oepn arms for a Canadian? Or would there be some legal issues?

I am quite sure they would welcome you with open arms. I don't know anything about the legal issues, but I would suggest that you contact someone from the Appleseed Project that you might attend and see if you can use a loaner rifle. I don't think anyone wants to bring rifles across the border . . . legal or not, it seems like it would be a huge pain in the butt.

One of the instructors that taught at our Florida Appleseed lives in Michigan. You should check out their forum and I am sure they can answer your questions.

This is the Michigan section of their forum:
http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?board=197.0

Awoke
21st April 2010, 03:33 AM
Thanks K-os. I'll look into it. One of my cousins is majorly into hunting, so I could use one of his rifles no problem. I think we may be heading down to Michigan this summer for a reunion, so it may work out nicely.

JJ.G0ldD0t
22nd April 2010, 08:54 AM
Sounds Like you all had a blast! Man that sounds fun.