PDA

View Full Version : Gibbons makes good on promise to fight health care bill

Horn
6th April 2010, 08:45 PM
Las Vegas, NV- Nevada Governor Jim Gibbons, is making good on his promise to fight the federal health care reform bill.

Tuesday, he announced his latest offensive, which includes a team of attorneys who're working pro-bono.

Less than a month after President Obama signed the health care bill, Governor Gibbons signed an executive order outlining his special counsel.

They plan to sue the federal government over the bill, because Nevada Attorney General Catherine Cortez Masto wouldn't.

"The bill has some sections in it, however, that do have merit, and appear at first blush to be worth keeping. Overall, the bill is unconstitutional," says Gibbons.

Gibbons argues that a nationalization of the healthcare industry tramples states' rights, and forces taxpayers to foot millions of dollars in unfunded Medicaid mandates, as well as buy private health insurance.

As for the cost of the lawsuit:

"There is a small filing fee cost to the State of Nevada. It's less than $5,000. In this case, we feel that amount of money is well worth the cost," says Gibbons.

The attorney general issued Action News this statement, saying:

"The law is very clear that the attorney general is the legal advisor on all state matters arising in the executive branch of the state. The responsibility to commerce litigation is not the governor's to exercise unilaterally, and it makes no difference whether the legal representation is free or not. My office is now in the regrettable position of having to consider the necessary legal options to take in response to the governor's most recent action."

Nevada is joining 14 other states in suing the federal government over the bill.

Cortez Masto says that Nevada jumping in with those other states is essentially irrelevant, because the outcome of their suit would apply regardless.

http://www.ktnv.com/Global/story.asp?S=12266853

General of Darkness
6th April 2010, 09:03 PM
I'm don't know what to make of this Horn. It "sounds" like good news, almost revolutionary, but I don't trust these bastards. I guess we'll see what comes of this.

Grand Master Melon
6th April 2010, 09:28 PM
Gibbons you say?

http://dsc.discovery.com/convergence/quest/borneo/field-guide/gallery/guide_gibbons.jpg

Hellsbane
6th April 2010, 09:31 PM
Gibbons you say?

http://dsc.discovery.com/convergence/quest/borneo/field-guide/gallery/guide_gibbons.jpg

Yea, that pretty much sums him up. And he can kiss his small furry behind goodbye come next election.

Horn
6th April 2010, 09:56 PM
Yea, that pretty much sums him up. And he can kiss his small furry behind goodbye come next election.
[/quote]

You sound pretty passionate about him, why?

You think he will be outted by the unseen hand for suing?

Hellsbane
6th April 2010, 10:02 PM

You sound pretty passionate about him, why?

You think he will be outted by the unseen hand for suing?

My bad, i got the names confused with the office. The Governor is good to go, the AG can kiss his hind quarters goodbye.

BullionVince
6th April 2010, 11:49 PM
My pointless retarded state has decided it is fruitless to fight it. Mainly because they agree with it, our attorney general is sofa king retarded.