PDA

View Full Version : Idaho Closes 1/3 Welfare Offices

Book
7th April 2010, 11:14 AM
BOISE -- The Idaho Department of Health and Welfare is laying off 126 employees and closing a third of its offices across the state.

These cuts not only affect the employees, but also those who need or require the government's services.

Those losing their jobs found out about it Tuesday morning, and while that is bad news for those workers and their families, there is a ripple effect that will impact many more people.

Health and Welfare spokesman Tom Shanahan says that these layoffs were a budget-balancing measure.

http://www.ktvb.com/news/Idaho-Health-and-Welfare-closes-9-offices-90020912.html

Idaho State Constitution mandates a balanced budget and they are now pruning everything.

:o

Apparition
7th April 2010, 11:21 AM
Bravo, Idaho. ;D

Now, if only the other states would follow suit...

mick silver
7th April 2010, 11:22 AM
coming to a city near you . just wait till the stamps runs out then the show starts

sunshine05
7th April 2010, 11:34 AM
coming to a city near you . just wait till the stamps runs out then the show starts

Exactly my thought.

Fudup
7th April 2010, 11:47 AM
A mandatory balanced budget would be a good thing for all the states to have, but the screaming would deafen the dead. :-X

Ponce
7th April 2010, 12:53 PM
You got it Fudup, for every one of them that don't get their free candy bar will be one more kid yelling and screaming. While I feel sorry for them we need the cash to fight the overseas wars >:( >:( >:(

Texan
7th April 2010, 04:42 PM
Way to go Idaho, only another 62% more welfare offices to close. ;D

I'd quit complaining if they would cut it down to 5% of the current system of stealing from the "haves" to give it to the "will nots."

k-os
7th April 2010, 06:11 PM
It's a good start.