PDA

View Full Version : When to sell

joe_momma
8th April 2010, 10:11 AM
(I'll first allow a moment for people to get over the shock - since this is not unlike asking your wife which of your children should be eaten for dinner.)

Given that there will be some point after TSHTF or TEOTWAWKI - when is it time to sell (some) of your PMs?

The POG does fluctuate in market - there could be a time when as an investment/hedge against inflation it makes sense to sell.

I'd like to get a sense from the BM's what their exit plan is.

:)

chad
8th April 2010, 10:12 AM
when you no longer need to preserve your wealth, i guess.

Celtic Rogue
8th April 2010, 10:16 AM
Its my opinion that I will be buying things with my gold and silver.... not selling the pm's for something if the SHTF type event happens. If its the end of the world its probably the end of fiat also.

joe_momma
8th April 2010, 10:27 AM
Its my opinion that I will be buying things with my gold and silver.... not selling the pm's for something if the SHTF type event happens. If its the end of the world its probably the end of fiat also.

Well said! Hadn't thought of that....

Percival
8th April 2010, 10:54 AM
Sell them for what, paper?

Never.

sirgonzo420
8th April 2010, 11:49 AM
Sell them for what, paper?

Never.

Hear, hear!

Dave Thomas
8th April 2010, 12:59 PM
Sell into the bubble. Like a bell curve.

zusn
8th April 2010, 01:06 PM
swap your PMs for PMs, play the ratio. (assuming there's any PM's to swap with) I'm sure you'll know what decisions to make when the time comes. None of us know how things are going to end up. You can think up various scenarios and plan accordingly, but in the end, lots of things that none of us will ever imagine could easily happen. Just don't sell good money for bad money.