I just bought an ice cream truck, hopefully
I make about an extra $100 a day so me
and my daughter can buy some more
silver rounds.

On weekends I am a mason too, so if you
need a quote I will be happy to come to
your house, okay, for inspection, quote, etc

I am so excited and I am glad we got experienced
operators here that can and may give me advice.

Thanks ahead of time, I would appreciate it.

And be careful in this thread , LOL

We have experienced operators here.

The ice cream truck master is here, welcome.

Percival
8th April 2010, 11:27 AM
Magnes and his SHTF ice cream truck.

http://ps3media.ign.com/ps3/image/article/808/808764/jaffe-leaves-sony-to-eat-sleep-and-play-20070727010648506-000.jpg

MAGNES
8th April 2010, 11:34 AM
I didn't think that anyone was spoofing you
till I saw how long it took you to post that.

Now I am wondering if Books is spoofing you. ;D

This place needs new smilies big time.

Just wanted to make you feel at home in this thread.

We both got canned but came back for more, lol.

I'd love to see you on GIM2 as MASONIC PLOT !

See what happens ? LOL

Try it , Book is on there as Book, same as Ponce.

I just joined up too. But not as MAGNES.
Don't worry I am easy to spot. ;D

Celtic Rogue
8th April 2010, 11:35 AM
Cold plate or reg chest freezer? Who is your supplier? I sell ice cream and soft drinks at some of the fairs I do! Good luck and be safe... you never when a fool might come up to lighten your till for you.

MAGNES
8th April 2010, 11:37 AM
I got to go back to work, I will be back.

Nobody get banned in this thread while
I am gone. ;D

Horn
8th April 2010, 11:40 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XcsK-Ck43LU

mick silver
8th April 2010, 11:59 AM
i just sold a ice cream truck

Percival
8th April 2010, 12:00 PM

I am gone. ;D
Nobody is spoofing me, I am the one and only "gun girl". ;D

sirgonzo420
8th April 2010, 12:07 PM

I am gone. ;D

LOL!

Gun girl was tolerable... but Beaker was an asshole... and COSMO could get that way too.

;D

MarketNeutral
8th April 2010, 12:10 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ygXefDRoBts

Olmstein
8th April 2010, 12:14 PM
I just joined up too. But not as MAGNES.
Don't worry I am easy to spot. ;D

LOL

Thanks for the thread MAGNES. This may be the new "bombers scannned me".

Percival
8th April 2010, 12:27 PM

I am gone. ;D

LOL!

Gun girl was tolerable... but Beaker was an asshole... and COSMO could get that way too.

;D
Poor GunGirl didnt last long, I guess I give myself away because I dont use apostrophes, too lazy.

I mean, what else could it be, its not like I go on and on about the same shit over and over and act ignorant when called on it?! :D

Olmstein
8th April 2010, 12:47 PM
its not like I go on and on about the same sh*t over and over

Speaking of, you should start a cast-iron pan/cooking thread in the cooking subforum.

Percival
8th April 2010, 12:52 PM

Speaking of, you should start a cast-iron pan/cooking thread in the cooking subforum.
LOL my collection is up to like 250 pieces of cast iron cookware, thats cool that you rememered that, I grab all I can at yard sales, they will someday be very valuable, especiallly ones marked GRISWOLD (worth up to 400 EACH at resale) or WAGNER.

Ponce
8th April 2010, 01:10 PM
Hey Mag? do you make house calls?..........Back in Calif this icecream truck just to come to my home once a month and unload about 100 bars of icecream....he would always come in with a BIG smile because I was his best customer.

Libertytree
8th April 2010, 01:11 PM
Reminds me of....

http://media.musictoday.com/store/bands/1823/product_large/8GAM12.JPG

Veni, vidi...evigilavi!
8th April 2010, 01:12 PM
Don't know why, but MAGNES reminded me of this...
I hope I'm wrong.

Percival
8th April 2010, 01:20 PM
LOL nah he didnt mean it that way, this thread is a tribute to one of the all time greatest threads in the old GIM history.

BillBoard
8th April 2010, 01:24 PM
We need to see pics of this truck!

Percival
8th April 2010, 01:28 PM
LOL he didnt buy an ice cream truck, he is busting my balls for a thread I started a long time ago on GIM that turned in to a classic pissfest.

sirgonzo420
8th April 2010, 01:30 PM
lol that thread was epic....

Veni, vidi...evigilavi!
8th April 2010, 01:30 PM
LOL he didnt buy an ice cream truck, he is busting my balls for a thread I started a long time ago on GIM that turned in to a classic pissfest.

Ah, that explains it, thx

mamboni
8th April 2010, 01:37 PM

Yes, you seem to have a knack for starting pissfests. >:(

saint
8th April 2010, 01:46 PM

LOL my collection is up to like 250 pieces of cast iron cookware, thats cool that you rememered that, I grab all I can at yard sales, they will someday be very valuable, especiallly ones marked GRISWOLD (worth up to 400 EACH at resale) or WAGNER.

I found an old griswold frying pan in the beach shack I bought awhile back.
Bought it furnished. I haven't used it because i remember hearing it needed to be "seasoned" and I haven't gotten around to figuring it out. I didn't want to wreck it.
Any info wwould be appreciated.

ST

uranian
8th April 2010, 01:46 PM
much of it (the original thread) still cached (http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=site:goldismoney.info+%22+just+bought+an+ ice+cream+truck%22&hl=en&client=firefox-a&hs=HCz&rls=org.mozilla:en-GB:official&filter=0).

Percival
8th April 2010, 01:49 PM
And you Dr, certainly have a knack for keeping them going. Better a leader than a follower. :D

willie pete
8th April 2010, 01:50 PM
True Ice Cream Truck stories:

http://www.calculateme.com/car-insurance-articles/ice-cream-truck-stories.htm

JDRock
8th April 2010, 01:54 PM
Magnes you bastard ! its about time you posted again...
i hoped you got a SWEET deal err err...thanx for helping keep america fit!

Percival
8th April 2010, 02:04 PM

Bought it furnished. I haven't used it because i remember hearing it needed to be "seasoned" and I haven't gotten around to figuring it out. I didn't want to wreck it.

ST

Its simple. First that Griswold you have is the best cast iron ever produced. Its extremely collectable because when the old man who made them died they stopped making them, it was a small family in Erie, PA and when he died that was pretty much the end of it and he had a way of making the cast iron that he never shared with anyone else, the cooking surface on the Griswold is superior to anything else you can buy.

All you need to do is SCRUB it down real good with soap, water and steel wool or a green scrub pad. THEN take some BACON GREASE, bacon grease is the BEST or CRISCO LARD or any kind of cooking grease and LIBERALLY put it all over the pan real thick and heavy then put the pan in your oven BROIL it on HIGH for about 3 to 4 hours. When it is done it will be seasoned which basically means it will be pretty close to NON STICK. To keep it that way, NEVER use SOAP and WATER ON IT again, when you are done cooking simply wipe it with a real DAMP RAG and then use olive oil or any kind of cooking oil and spread it around on the pan to prevent RUST and store it away. You should use its, they are healthy and much better than the crappy sh*t you buy in the stores.

mamboni
8th April 2010, 02:08 PM

ST

Its simple. First that Griswold you have is the best cast iron ever produced. Its extremely collectable because when the old man who made them died they stopped making them, it was a small family in Erie, PA and when he died that was pretty much the end of it and he had a way of making the cast iron that he never shared with anyone else, the cooking surface on the Griswold is superior to anything else you can buy.

All you need to do is SCRUB it down real good with soap, water and steel wool or a green scrub pad. THEN take some BACON GREASE, bacon grease is the BEST or CRISCO LARD or any kind of cooking grease and LIBERALLY put it all over the pan real thick and heaby then put the pan in your over BROIL it on HIGH for about 3 to 4 hours. When it is done it will be seasoned which basically means it will be pretty close to NON STICK. To keep it that way, NEVER use SOAP and WATER ON IT again, when you are done cooking simply wipe it with a real DAMP RAG and then use olive oil or any kind of cooking oil and spread it around on the pan to prevent RUST and store it away. You should use its, they are healthy and much better than the crappy sh*t you buy in the stores.

Not surprisingly, you are an expert at greasing things.

saint
8th April 2010, 02:22 PM
Thanks Percival.

I fire it up when I open the shack for the summer.

ST

uranian
8th April 2010, 02:29 PM
Rule #1 - Be respectful to everyone on the board.

Percival
8th April 2010, 02:38 PM
Rule #1 - Be respectful to everyone on the board.
Ive seriously have tried to be but some of them wont let bygones be bygones so whatever, I wont take their shit.

Unobtainium
8th April 2010, 02:48 PM
All you need to do is SCRUB it down real good with soap, water and steel wool or a green scrub pad. THEN take some BACON GREASE, bacon grease is the BEST or CRISCO LARD or any kind of cooking grease and LIBERALLY put it all over the pan real thick and heavy then put the pan in your oven BROIL it on HIGH for about 3 to 4 hours. When it is done it will be seasoned which basically means it will be pretty close to NON STICK. To keep it that way, NEVER use SOAP and WATER ON IT again, when you are done cooking simply wipe it with a real DAMP RAG and then use olive oil or any kind of cooking oil and spread it around on the pan to prevent RUST and store it away. You should use its, they are healthy and much better than the crappy sh*t you buy in the stores.

Thanks for this info, percival. My wife is always buying the no-stick Chinese made garbage, and I've heard that Teflon is very poisonous. Can I find one of these cast iron frying pans you speak of on Ebay?

WebTech
8th April 2010, 02:54 PM
LOL nah he didnt mean it that way, this thread is a tribute to one of the all time greatest threads in the old GIM history.

Amen to that!

A Classic. I'm surprised you didn't start it before he did. But then it is pretty funny that he stole your thread title. :)

ximmy
8th April 2010, 03:05 PM
the greatest ice cream truck scene ever

http://www.youtube.com/v/yz5b8Zvh1mE&hl=en_US&fs=1&

Percival
8th April 2010, 03:07 PM

Amen to that!

A Classic. I'm surprised you didn't start it before he did. But then it is pretty funny that he stole your thread title. :)

Yea Olmstein actually brought it up as soon as he saw me, funny shit. :D

Percival
8th April 2010, 03:13 PM

Thanks for this info, percival. My wife is always buying the no-stick Chinese made garbage, and I've heard that Teflon is very poisonous. Can I find one of these cast iron frying pans you speak of on Ebay?

Sure E bay will have a lot of Griswolds or Wagners for sale, those are the best two and they dont make either anymore so they may cost you a bit, a Giswold basic pan maybe 100 or less a Wagner around 50. You can go to a CAMPING STORE and buy a LODGE for about 30, Lodge is good and will do the same for you a Griswold will and wil last forever but a Griswold and to some extent a Wagner, has a very specail very smooth and unmatched cooking surface, although like I said, with modern technology, which they didnt have when those were made, the Lodge cast iron brand sold in stores today is pretty good, you wont go wrong with it. IF you do get a Griswold and invest in a good one try and find a nice frying pan with a LID, the lids are HARD TO FIND so if you see one with a lid for a good price its def an INVESTMENT a very collectable item. I find Griswolds often at YARD SALES for 10 bucks they dont know what the hell they have. Sometimes you will stumble on one there or at he THRIFT STORES.

DEF stay away from Teflon that stuff is toxic as hell and you do consume the sh*t over time. And you have to replace them all the time, one cast iron will last you the rest of your life and your kids life and their kids.

The wifey may complain that they are HEAVY but you cant have your cake and eat it to, in the long run you save money since you replace those cheap teflons every few months and if you dont then youre eating that chemical coating on there and thats not good.

My advice is to invest in a good cast iron frying pan, a big one, and then get a cast iron POT for cooking stews and things like that. Those two peices and youre all set, woint ever have to buy cookware again. Just clean and store like I said above and they will be fine, important to LIGHTLY OIL all SURFACES after wiping down with damp cloth after cooking before storing as this wil prevent rust and keep it seasoned as it sits until next use.

Unobtainium
8th April 2010, 03:34 PM
GREAT info, Percival. I sincerely thank you for it. I'm a long time Ebayer and have some dry gunpowder in my Paypal account. I'll keep an eye out.

Gaillo
8th April 2010, 03:40 PM
Percival - could you do us all a favor and copy the text of that post and paste it into a new "Cast Iron" thread over in the cooking section? I think it would be welcomed there... I might even have a few questions/comments to add to it! 8)

Percival
8th April 2010, 04:06 PM
Sure will do.

Percival
8th April 2010, 04:17 PM
Started a thread over in Cooking subforum about Cast Iron, so enjoy!

Unobtainium
8th April 2010, 04:29 PM
Listen to this... ;D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fzee942Q_SY&feature=related

Actually, the Bluesman John Brim wrote that song 50 or so years ago. Great tune!

keehah
19th April 2010, 10:54 PM
Clip from 'Hoodwinked.' ;) Don't be fooled, it is still an Ice Cream Truck! ;D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9W0Cryg0uEw

http://gold-silver.us/forum/the-lounge/must-watch-video-of-dude-dancing-in-the-street-gets-hit-by-an-ice-cream-truck!/?topicseen

Saul Mine
19th April 2010, 11:24 PM
http://i29.tinypic.com/2iu88qf.jpg