PDA

View Full Version : 'No US troop survives if Iran is attacked'

MarketNeutral
8th April 2010, 12:06 PM
Iran's Armed Forces Chief of Staff Major General Hassan Firouzabadi has warned the US against making any military moves on the Islamic Republic.

Firouzabadi said that if the United States attacks Iran, none of the American troops in the region will go back home alive.

"If the US seriously threatens Iran and takes an action against Iran, none of the US soldiers in the region will return to America alive," Fars news agency quoted him as saying on Thursday.

Firouzabadi made the remarks in reaction to US Defense Secretary Robert Gates, who said on Tuesday that Washington was keeping “all options” on the table for dealing with Iran and North Korea.

"If there is a message for Iran and North Korea here, it is that if you're going to play by the rules, if you're going to join the international community, then we will undertake certain obligations to you," AFP quoted Gates as saying.

Firouzabadi also said if the US takes action against Iran, the threats it would face increase exponentially and its economic problems skyrocket.

"If the US seriously threatens Iran and takes an action against Iran, the threats against it will become a thousand times more, its economic problems will increase and it will lose more markets," he said.

Firouzabadi's speech comes a day after President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad condemned Washington's latest nuclear policy.

The policy authorizes the use of nuclear arms against nations which violate the nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty (NPT) and Obama's mention of Iran is despite the fact that there is no credible evidence indicating Iran is violating the NPT.

In response to the new nuclear strategy, Ahmadinejad lambasted the plan and advised his US counterpart not to repeat the "past mistakes" of the previous US governments.

"I advise Mr Obama to be careful. If he tries to follow in the footsteps of Mr [George W.] Bush, the response of the [Iranian] nation will be the same crushing response they gave to Bush," President Ahmadinejad said in a speech in the northwestern city of Orumiyeh.

The 50-page "Nuclear Posture Review" (NPR) issued by the US administration was released on Tuesday. It purportedly restricts the use of US nuclear arms against some non-nuclear countries.

The new NPR by the Obama Administration restricts the use of US nuclear arms against some non-nuclear countries. Countries that “from the US perspective” do not comply with the NPT will be at risk of a possible nuclear attack.

The US has repeatedly accused Iran of failing to meet its obligations defined in the NPT — an allegation categorically denied by Tehran.

Iran was among the original countries that signed the NPT, a global pact aimed at curbing the spread of nuclear weapons across the globe.
http://www.presstv.ir/detail.aspx?id=122800&sectionid=351020101

techguy
8th April 2010, 12:09 PM
Most of what Iran says is bluster... BUT....

If there were ever situation I could see US troops stranded, it is Afghanistan.

If the supply of oil were suddenly disrupted, and the SOH blockaded with sunburns, it could certainly make life difficult.

Ash_Williams
8th April 2010, 01:10 PM
"I advise Mr Obama to be careful. If he tries to follow in the footsteps of Mr [George W.] Bush, the response of the [Iranian] nation will be the same crushing response they gave to Bush," President Ahmadinejad said in a speech in the northwestern city of Orumiyeh.

Oh no, not the same crushing response they gave to Bush!

Ponce
8th April 2010, 01:24 PM
I know what I am talking about and the why of it..........the only way that the US could win one of those modern wars would be with planes and nukes.

Their armies are not as they were, even ten years ago, they are better prepared and have learned a lot about the US tactics by looking at what they are doing now days.

The US will not win an overseas war........they will only get weaker.

After seeing on line what the US troops are doing to the Iraqis and Afghys I really don't want them to win...their instructors must be the Zionists.

Unobtainium
8th April 2010, 01:43 PM
"If there is a message for Iran and North Korea here, it is that if you're going to play by the rules, if you're going to join the international community, then we will undertake certain obligations to you," AFP quoted Gates as saying.

What the fvk is this "international community" they keep talking about? That term comes up all the time when talking about these so-called rogue states.
The USA and Britain bomb poor countries left right and center, and somehow THEY are part of an "international community" and the bombed-out countries are not?
I could never figure this out. Must be some sort of example of Orwellian newspeak.

Celtic Rogue
8th April 2010, 01:53 PM
I am sure we will be at war before long. It will probably be the start of ww3!

DMac
8th April 2010, 02:05 PM

What the fvk is this "international community" they keep talking about? That term comes up all the time when talking about these so-called rogue states.
The USA and Britain bomb poor countries left right and center, and somehow THEY are part of an "international community" and the bombed-out countries are not?
I could never figure this out. Must be some sort of example of Orwellian newspeak.

The "international community" is a code word for an IMF regulated central bank.

Ponce
8th April 2010, 02:33 PM
Mr. Rouge, your are right, and I am sad to say that is a way that's good because the wold will see who is behing all this..........if the State of Israel send a couple of nukes into the Middle East maybe 2 millions Muslims will die........but.......better two millions now that two billions tomorrow.

Almost forgot..........and there will be no more a state of Israel.

johnlvs2run
8th April 2010, 02:54 PM

The sooner the IMF is done with the better.

Plastic
8th April 2010, 03:11 PM
The sooner the IMF is done with the better.

Sad part is the IMF/TPTB will get their WW3 which will ultimately make them go away for a very long time, after they destroy most of the earth. They will even get to rear their ugly heads a for a short 4th time before being totally destroyed forever. But I am getting into the pit of fire kinda thing so................

Gypsybiker45
8th April 2010, 03:44 PM
Iran can have the anti ship missiles they want, If there are no targets they are useless. Iran cant invade Afghanistan and hold their own coast secure at once, and bet your bottom if the anti-ship missiles are indeed there, the US Navy wont be, the range of aircraft is much further than a sunburn, meaning sorties flown from carriers wouldnt be threatened. and the PT boats of the Iranian navy wont be able to penetrate the carriers screens. The simply cant win, or I doubt even give a bloody nose If the US Navy does any intelligence which im sure they do.Iran can also be plastered from the air from all sides, again their air defenses just arent there to stop US air attacks. China and Russia wont risk general war with the US for Iran either.

techguy
8th April 2010, 03:56 PM
Iran can have the anti ship missiles they want, If there are no targets they are useless. Iran cant invade Afghanistan and hold their own coast secure at once, and bet your bottom if the anti-ship missiles are indeed there, the US Navy wont be, the range of aircraft is much further than a sunburn, meaning sorties flown from carriers wouldnt be threatened. and the PT boats of the Iranian navy wont be able to penetrate the carriers screens. The simply cant win, or I doubt even give a bloody nose If the US Navy does any intelligence which im sure they do.Iran can also be plastered from the air from all sides, again their air defenses just arent there to stop US air attacks. China and Russia wont risk general war with the US for Iran either.

They don't have to win..... winning is not their goal.

gunDriller
8th April 2010, 04:11 PM
[quote=Unobtainium ]
[quote]What the fvk is this "international community" they keep talking about?/quote]

the Jewish & Israeli mafia.

7th trump
8th April 2010, 05:06 PM
Dont think one moment those thousands of Iranians who protested last election wouldnt over throw the Iranian government in few days.
The younger Iranian generation doesnt want war and I bet they stop their own dictatorship government by revolution.
Tne Iranian government would have a mess on their hands as young ambitious Iranians get revenge.

johnlvs2run
8th April 2010, 05:15 PM
The younger Iranian generation doesnt want war and I bet they stop their own dictatorship government by revolution.
Tne Iranian government would have a mess on their hands as young ambitious Iranians get revenge.

Would the younger generation just give up when the U.S. / Israel attacks them?

I don't know the younger generation's position. Would they welcome the U.S. / IMF?

nunaem
8th April 2010, 05:29 PM

I don't know the younger generation's position. Would they welcome the U.S. / IMF?

Nope, they would be supporting the Ahmadinejad just like after 9/11 when W's approval rating doubled.

7th trump
8th April 2010, 05:38 PM
A lot has happened since then.
I've met some Iranians going to school here and they like America.
Iowa is big in wrestling as it is big in Iran.
Young Iranians who didnt grow up in the 70's and 80's are getting a first hand chance to see midwest Americans and report back to Iran.
They like Americans just not the government but then again about 67% of Americans say the same thing.

Ponce
8th April 2010, 05:47 PM
Remember amigos that the Middle Eastern people didn't do anything till we attack them after 911 and all based in lies given to us by the Israelis and those Americans with dual US-Israeli passports............you should have your resentment for "those" people and not for the Iranians.

Phenix Pawn
8th April 2010, 05:49 PM

I would assume that "certain obligations" would include a large IMF Humanitarian loan...backed by thier citizens blood maybe?

NOOB
8th April 2010, 06:58 PM

They would welcome us as liberators____insert sarcasm Smiley here______