PDA

View Full Version : Cops in schools

cigarlover
8th April 2010, 02:54 PM
I was just told today by a kid that goes to the local high school that the sheriff actually has an office at the school and there is always 1 or 2 that are around the school and on days like today there are 15. Apparently they decided to do a seach of all students. Made them empty their pockets and take off their shoes to look for drugs.

Legal? Opinions?

My opinion is illegal search without a warrant. I dont care that its on school property, still illegal.

I am me, I am free
8th April 2010, 02:59 PM
Any kids there are receiving a benefit from the corporate state and the corporate state can change the terms of the contract/agreement at any time without prior notice.

Those who consent to the contract/agreement (regarding the benefit) cannot object.

I am me, I am free
8th April 2010, 03:05 PM
Tenth Plank (of the Communist Manifesto): Free education for all children in public schools. Abolition of children's factory labor in its present form. Combination of education with industrial production.

sirgonzo420
8th April 2010, 03:07 PM
Any kids there are receiving a benefit from the corporate state and the corporate state can change the terms of the contract/agreement at any time without prior notice.

Those who consent to the contract/agreement (regarding the benefit) cannot object.

The kids PARENTS are receiving a benefit (more "babysitter" than "educator"), I'm not so sure about the kids. :-\

"No one can be compelled to accept a benefit against his will"

I bet a lot of those kids are there against their will...

Stay Asleep
9th April 2010, 04:57 PM
Oh boy! I can have a hay day with this one!

Yes, many schools have an office for the Sheriff or City Police to be on campus. They often are there to do drug search, break up gang fights and other illegal activities that occur on school campus, mostly the drugs. In our high school, my child came home all excited telling me how cute the police puppy was that is now part of the school campus. This dog is trained mostly to sniff out meth., our town is known for that, but we are a great source for marijuana too.

My other child got called into the office by the police to "have a little chat with them". I was infuriated. They questioned my child without calling me, notifying me or anything of the sort! No representation! I have since made it so clear at the school that NONE of my children are to be questioned by ANY STAFF MEMBERS or LAW ENFORCEMENT without me or my other half there. This is not because I want to get my child out of trouble but I want to ensure that all their legal rights are protected. I have told them that the next incident will result in a law suit! I don't want to do that because I want the schools to keep their money, they are struggling as it is.

So, YES, COPS ARE ON LOCATION AT A SCHOOL NEAR YOU! Now you have to determine what you are willing to do about it to protect you and your children's rights in this situation. Are you willing to go to court? Is court an option in the area that you live? Have your child carry a cell phone at all times with a pre-programmed with your phone number in order for them to press a speed dial and hopefully you will get some sort of idea of what is going on and where they are at. This will allow you to intercede in this kind of situation. See, what is sad with my kids' school, most of the administration that I deal with now know my voice. I am that active for my children and their rights and their schooling.

Sorry to say this because it is negative, but my name is chosen well, STAY ASLEEP, we are a police state (country). This didn't happen overnight. This has happened one law at a time because people believed that other people couldn't govern themselves. Now we are being governed in ways that we could never imagined when we were younger. Pardon the comparison, but just how close are we to George Orwell's 1984. We are just a few decades off track.

Rebel Yarr
9th April 2010, 05:33 PM
They have been there for a very long time - at least in the big cities. I went to HS in late 80's - we had them - couldn't carry guns on campus and a few of them got beat up a few times...rofl.

dlm1968
9th April 2010, 05:33 PM
Cops are in the schools in Florida but they are called "resource officers." The opinion of most school boards from what I have read seems to be that you check your parental rights when your kid walks in the door and the school becomes the parental authority. Hence if the school wants them searched then so be it and let's face it most parents out there are okay with this after all "it's for the children."

Just one of many reasons we chose to homeschool.

Stay Asleep
9th April 2010, 05:36 PM

The kids PARENTS are receiving a benefit (more "babysitter" than "educator"), I'm not so sure about the kids. :-

"No one can be compelled to accept a benefit against his will"

I bet a lot of those kids are there against their will...

Where I live, if the parent doesn't force their child to go to school, the parent is facing school intervening, law enforcement, courts and possible jail time. It really stinks because my friend's daughter cuts a lot. She gets her to school and she would just leave campus when no one was looking, she got called in on it. She was starting to think that she was going to have to start attending the classes with her daughter to ensure she was, in fact, in school!

Sometimes life just isn't right~