PDA

View Full Version : KFC replaces bread with meat

MarketNeutral
9th April 2010, 01:28 AM
The Double Down sandwich: Delicious or disgusting?

KFC sure is flipping vegetarians the bird.

The fried chicken franchise is rolling out a new "sandwich" with no bread - and extra meat.

The "Double Down" is two fried filets that cradle two pieces of bacon, two slices of Monterey Jack and pepper jack cheese and a squish of Colonel's Sauce.

Feeling healthy? Go for the grilled chicken version instead. KFC initially tested the Double Down in Nebraska and Rhode Island and will fatten up menus nationwide with its new addition on April 12.

The chain is literally counting down the seconds until the supersandwich goes on sale on its Web site.

The Double Down isn't the unhealthiest fast food out there, but it's probably got enough sodium to draw salty tears from sodium-battling Mayor Bloomberg.
http://www.nydailynews.com/lifestyle/food/2010/04/08/2010-04-08_got_meat_new_kfc_thing_has_a_double_dose.html
The "original recipe" Double Down has 540 calories, 32 grams of fat and 1,380 milligrams of sodium. The grilled version has 460 calories, 23 grams of fat and a whopping 1,430 milligrams of sodium. Most health groups recommend a maximum intake of 1,500 to 2,400 milligrams a day.

New Yorkers weren't all ready to gobble down a Double Down. "Sounds disgusting," said Danielle Mitchell, 31, a student from midtown. "I don't see how that's healthy. I mean, the bread is probably not healthy, but that's a lot of meat with the chicken and the bacon. I don't think it's good."

Giada Ferrone, 35, a dance teacher from the upper West Side agreed. "I'm a vegetarian. It's pretty gross if you ask me. Even if I did eat meat, I wouldn't eat that."

Cari Gervino of Essex County, N.J., counts herself a taker. "Sounds delicious, and I actually don't eat bread," said the 24-year-old teacher and distance runner. "If I was really in the mood for something unhealthy, I would definitely buy it."

Tom Everard, 24, a tourist from Manchester, England, was just plain perplexed. "I'm so confused by it. It's not a sandwich without bread. What's next? It's a slippery slope."

optionT
9th April 2010, 01:38 AM
Fast food should probably have a Skull & Bones sign on it.

Edit: Your avatar is awesome, I laugh every time I see it! Can you pm where you got it?

ShortJohnSilver
9th April 2010, 04:31 AM
McDonald's Quarter Pounder With Cheese is 740 calories ... so really the KFC Double Down is a healthier alternative!

1970 Silver Art
9th April 2010, 07:16 AM
McDonald's Quarter Pounder With Cheese is 740 calories ... so really the KFC Double Down is a healthier alternative!

Somebody better make sure that Obama knows about this. ;D

Neuro
9th April 2010, 07:26 AM
The most important thing is that the bacon is Halal to me...;)

MarketNeutral
9th April 2010, 07:29 AM
And a diet coke.

JDRock
9th April 2010, 07:34 AM
And a diet coke.

yeah.....we dont want any unneccessary calories ( wink emoticon )

MarketNeutral
9th April 2010, 08:38 AM
http://www.forumammo.com/cpg/albums/userpics/10071/image007.jpg

BoatingAccident
9th April 2010, 08:40 AM

Anyone man up and try the Wendy’s Triple Baconator?

1,330 calories, 38 grams of saturated fat, 345 milligrams of cholesterol, and a whopping 3150mg of sodium.

:)

willie pete
9th April 2010, 08:50 AM
Should be a big hit in the Muslims countries.........

Wonder how they'll sell in England?