PDA

View Full Version : Living the future today........

Ponce
9th April 2010, 02:34 PM
For a while now I have been changing my way of life in a temporary basis.

In the past I have live without power for two straights weeks, cooked all my meals in different way which includes a solar cooker which I made.

Today I did my laundry and instead of using the electric dryer I use a line with the proper clips to hang the clothes with, an everything was fine.......it sounds fine, no biggie, you simply tie the line at each end and that's it......but......is the the size that you need? will it support the weight of the WET clothes?, will the clothes pin go all the way around the clothes and the line?

Now I am working on a 50 gallons steel barell, took one end off and welded five fins inside at an angle and made the cover water proof.........the barrel will go on two long rollers, a belt around the barrel and to the rear of a bicycle wheel, as you pedal the barrel will do a 3/4 rotation and then snaps back into place and that way the clothes inside will move back and forward.

"Think today of what could happen tomorrow and work on it, the more prepared that you are today the less worries tomorrow"

MNeagle
9th April 2010, 02:38 PM
Is that your version of a washing machine?

Ponce
9th April 2010, 02:45 PM
To do a good job with the loundry............yes.

I have used bucket and plunger and so on already....

osprey
9th April 2010, 02:50 PM
I like the clothesline too. We have a T post style that gets some use. It has line tighteners attached between the posts and wire.

Ponce
9th April 2010, 02:53 PM
I am looking out my windo and see many people in cars passing by making fun of my clothes line.........lets them making fun of me WTSHTF.

Ready today for no changes tomorrow

MNeagle
9th April 2010, 02:56 PM
How can you assume they're making fun of you? Maybe they're inspired & want one themselves! I love my clothesline!