PDA

View Full Version : 7 million Iraqis exist below poverty line

MarketNeutral
9th April 2010, 09:45 PM
Millions of Iraqis exist below the poverty line in a country which floats on oil and earned more than $60 billion from oil sales last year, said Mahdi Muhsen, the director of the Central Organization for Statistics and Information Technology.

Muhsen said one fourth of Iraq’s nearly 30 million people live below the poverty line and that unemployment rates could hit 30% in some provinces.

Muhsen made the remarks as his organization gears toward national census scheduled for November 24 this year.

The poverty line for a single adult is 77,000 dinars per month, that is approximately $60. This means that at least 7 million Iraqis will have to make ends meet on two U.S. dollars a day.

Muhsen revealed more alarming figures regarding abject poverty.

"Half the population of Iraq live in abject poverty," he said.

He said some impoverished provinces, like Muthanna in the south, suffered more than others.
http://www.azzaman.com/english/index.asp?fname=news2010-04-06kurd.htm

Ponce
9th April 2010, 10:39 PM
When the big Cojuna was incharged in Iraq......

1= almost everyone had a job
2= they had telephones
3= they had clean water
4= they had food
5= they had hospitals
6= they had schools
7= women could walk in safety
8= he would kill only about 10 people per month.

Now?...........take away all of the above and add a million plus to #8 by the Americanos..........all that to "liberate" them?.

And.........have you seen the two 36" oil pipes goig to Haifa (?) in the state of Israel........look for the maps that shows them.....fredoom is a bich.

Brent
9th April 2010, 10:42 PM
Ponce has it right. Before the invasion of ZOG into Iraq it was one of the wealthiest and most advanced Arab nations. Hence, it was a threat to Izzy and had to be destroyed.

Grand Master Melon
9th April 2010, 11:30 PM
When the big Cojuna was incharged in Iraq......

1= almost everyone had a job
2= they had telephones
3= they had clean water
4= they had food
5= they had hospitals
6= they had schools
7= women could walk in safety
8= he would kill only about 10 people per month.

Now?...........take away all of the above and add a million plus to #8 by the Americanos..........all that to "liberate" them?.

And.........have you seen the two 36" oil pipes goig to Haifa (?) in the state of Israel........look for the maps that shows them.....fredoom is a bich.

Saddam was a dbag but you're absolutely right.

FunnyMoney
9th April 2010, 11:38 PM
Everybody gets their turn. Lord Acton's quote and Murphy's law will prevail. When you trade in one cancer for the next, it usually does turn out bad if you go from skin cancer to brain cancer.

Not only that, throughout the entire Bush administration they completely ignored the problem and allowed only a tiny number of Iraqis visas to the great US of a.

Oh well, the symptoms again.

Show me a problem and I will show you how centralized govt has helped to either create it or make it worse. ....

FunnyMoney
9th April 2010, 11:47 PM
Remember, "collateral damage" is just another way to say we're getting closer.

Sure, Bush and many others inside the beltway are guilty of mass murder, painted as 'liberation', but you will need a 12 member jury to convict. On my other thread I've estimated the odds at a million to one, so unless the jury comes from select members of this forum, I don't see that ever taking place. (Although I did find Horn's post filled with hope - there it is again, that word "hope")