PDA

View Full Version : Did the founding fathers invision a multiracial Nation?

General of Darkness
11th April 2010, 04:39 PM
Great video.

http://www.prothink.org/2010/04/09/did-the-founding-fathers-invision-a-multiracial-america

Ponce
11th April 2010, 05:34 PM
Well, we already had the Indians here.......that alone should had told them something.

Ponce<--------running around with a feather in his hair, hau hau hau.

Saul Mine
11th April 2010, 06:03 PM
What an odd question. The colonists were well aware of nationalities, being a conglomeration of people from many nations right from the beginning. What we call "race" did not come into being until after the war between the states, which was and still is hard to understand no matter what preconceived notions you have or don't have.

Gypsybiker45
11th April 2010, 06:05 PM
Multi racial?NoI dont believe so, they had little regard for natives and kept black slaves,so ill stand by that,There really wasnt much in the way of Asians or Middle easterners to judge at that time. Multi-cultural? That i would say Yes to a point,as they had English,German,and French cultures already in place and had to integrate them (There was actually a debate to decide if the official US language would be German or English)

Saul Mine
12th April 2010, 01:03 AM
Resistance is futile. You will be diversified.

Defender
12th April 2010, 02:31 AM
Resistance is futile. You will be diversified.
Worse, your children will be assimilated.

JDRock
12th April 2010, 07:12 AM
Factual answer? HELL NO! the American revolution was, at its heart a CIVIL war between brits. there were a few hessians ( germans) used as mercenaries by the royals, but the nation was founded, plotted and charted by;

1. WHITE

2. English speaking

3. Protestant ( by far the largest % , but not exclusively)

4. ANTI federalist.

5. Racist.

sorry if these facts conflict with your pathetic worship of the goddess of political correctness.

Luis337
12th April 2010, 08:20 AM
4. They were federalists actually. Why else would they want a federation of states?

Anti federal actually means a strong central gov. Federal is supposed to mean a confederation.