PDA

View Full Version : The New Great Impostor

Workaholic
13th April 2010, 06:17 PM
The new “great impostor” is Lyme disease. And, as with syphilis, Lyme is caused by a spirochete, or corkscrew-shaped bacterium. (The spirochete associated with Lyme is Borrelia burgdorferi [Bb], named after its discoverer, Dr. Willy Burgdorfer of the National Institutes of Health.) Unlike syphilis, however, Lyme can’t be cured with a simple dose of penicillin. The spirochetes of Lyme can worm their way into muscles, tendons, and practically every organ in the body. Once imbedded, they can quickly begin to wreak havoc. And, as the latest research has shown, they can dramatically change their shape to avoid detection by the body’s immune system. (Cell Wall Deficient Forms—Stealth Pathogens by Lida Mattman).

Most antibiotics work by destroying the cell wall of bacteria. The Bb bacterium of Lyme, however, can exist without the cell wall typically characteristic of other forms of bacteria, which makes most antibiotics useless against Lyme. Apparently the bacteria can also change forms to avoid detection when confronted by components of your immune system or various antibiotics, and then turn back again when a threat to their survival is no longer present. These unusual properties of Bb have caused an unprecedented amount of confusion in the medical community— and within the public as well.

Some are now calling Lyme the most overdiagnosed disease of our time, while others are claiming that it is the most under-diagnosed. The truth of the matter is that Lyme is far more widespread than has been reported, and hundreds of thousands of people are suffering needlessly due to misdiagnoses and the treatment prejudices of many doctors, the government, and the insurance industry. This is certainly one case where you don’t want to be a victim of history repeating itself; that is, where you suffer needlessly or die prematurely from a lack of information. You need to be fully aware of just how serious the problem is and exactly what steps you can take to protect yourself and your family today.

Read the whole here---> http://www.healinggrapevine.com/lyme-.html

woodman
24th April 2010, 04:58 AM
I got ill with Lyme many years ago. I got the bullseye rash and became sick. Went to a doc and he gave me a few days worth of tetracycline. I felt alot better after the 4 days of tetracycline. The test came back negative for lyme but this was back in'95 and I've since found out that the tests are only accurate about a third of the time. Why the hell are they using them then? It would be better to have no test at all than one that is so innacurate. It gives the illusion of being a test and therefore many people believe the wrong results as I did for many years. Now I am wondering if the plethora of insidious health issues I have is due to long term lyme disease. Any one know if there is now an accurate test? If there is I haven't found it and I've looked.

Workaholic
24th April 2010, 08:28 AM
Regular doctors are unable to deal with Lyme's. There is money in it for them, however. They will make you sicker and steel your frn's in the process.

There are a couple accurate tests available. One would be the Igenix test for Lyme's. Find a Naturopath Doctor and discuss with them..

Large Sarge
25th April 2010, 02:08 PM
I believe ozone therapy would cure this

PatColo
25th April 2010, 02:26 PM
it's been alleged that lyme disease is (another) mil-lab-engineered bioweapon. I plead ignorance!

Plum Island, Lyme Disease
And Operation Paperclip -
A Deadly Triangle (http://www.rense.com/general67/plumislandlyme.htm)

Workaholic
25th April 2010, 03:47 PM
I believe ozone therapy would cure this

Cat's Claw is effective. Consult a reputable ND for dosage recommendations.

Gknowmx
25th April 2010, 05:12 PM
Regular doctors are unable to deal with Lyme's. There is money in it for them, however. They will make you sicker and steel your frn's in the process.

There are a couple accurate tests available. One would be the Igenix test for Lyme's. Find a Naturopath Doctor and discuss with them..

Any good PCR tests?