PDA

View Full Version : Gensis 1

DMac
14th April 2010, 11:11 AM
http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Genesis+1&version=KJV

26And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

Let us make man in our image, after our likeness

I have never understood the plurality spoken of by God here -- who is "us"??

Libertarian_Guard
14th April 2010, 11:35 AM
Angles?

Ash_Williams
14th April 2010, 12:48 PM

The other gods.

7th trump
14th April 2010, 02:03 PM

26And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

Well for one thing dont use the link you provided. Its a version thats been tainted with lies.
Theres no tree of Life mentioned in the garden just other tree's and the tree of good and evil (satan).
And to answer your question of who is us............YOU!
In the original manuscripts God made the heavens and earth and earth became void.....................not created without form like so many Bibles portray.
The earth was millions if not billions of years old from God creating the earth to it becoming void and without form.
You see this is a test of blind faith with no interference from either God or satan. In order to do this God had to destroy earth of any evidence there were any prior civilizations.Imagine a world that was high tech that it puts todays inventions to shame. Imagine you have an earth with all of Gods inventions for his children to use for billions of years. Imagine the technology created by God for his children. That all has t obe wiped from the face of the earth so nothing is around to jeopardize Gods plan to see who each and everyone of us are going t oserve. Its free will for you t omake a decision.
When you read that God created man from the dust he is making the flesh body for you and everyone else to go into to see if you are going to serve Him or satan.
This becoming void is satans over throw from the first earth age. The second earth age is God creating the flesh bodies each and everyone of us are going to experience.
So when God said lets make man in our image he is refering to creating a flesh body in an almost exact copy of your spiritual body.
Most everyone in the main stream church circuit never understands what they are reading without a Strongs Concordence and a copy of the original Hebrew manuscripts.

StackerKen
14th April 2010, 03:25 PM

I have always thought, That was the Father talking to the Son.
But it could have been the Son talking to the Father...I dunno.

This is in the book of John (Jesus is the Word)

1In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

2The same was in the beginning with God.

3All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

4In him was life; and the life was the light of men.

5And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.

6There was a man sent from God, whose name was John.

7The same came for a witness, to bear witness of the Light, that all men through him might believe.

8He was not that Light, but was sent to bear witness of that Light.

9That was the true Light, which lighteth every man that cometh into the world.

10He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not.

11He came unto his own, and his own received him not.

12But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:

13Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

14And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

greenbear
14th April 2010, 03:43 PM

Well for one thing dont use the link you provided. Its a version thats been tainted with lies.
Theres no tree of Life mentioned in the garden just other tree's and the tree of good and evil (satan).
And to answer your question of who is us............YOU!
In the original manuscripts God made the heavens and earth and earth became void.....................not created without form like so many Bibles portray.
The earth was millions if not billions of years old from God creating the earth to it becoming void and without form.
You see this is a test of blind faith with no interference from either God or satan. In order to do this God had to destroy earth of any evidence there were any prior civilizations.Imagine a world that was high tech that it puts todays inventions to shame. Imagine you have an earth with all of Gods inventions for his children to use for billions of years. Imagine the technology created by God for his children. That all has t obe wiped from the face of the earth so nothing is around to jeopardize Gods plan to see who each and everyone of us are going t oserve. Its free will for you t omake a decision.
When you read that God created man from the dust he is making the flesh body for you and everyone else to go into to see if you are going to serve Him or satan.
This becoming void is satans over throw from the first earth age. The second earth age is God creating the flesh bodies each and everyone of us are going to experience.
So when God said lets make man in our image he is refering to creating a flesh body in an almost exact copy of your spiritual body.
Most everyone in the main stream church circuit never understands what they are reading without a Strongs Concordence and a copy of the original Hebrew manuscripts.

Bible publishers like Zondervan have changed some words in the KJB without telling anyone, but other than that, what is wrong with the link, and what is wrong with the KJB? In another thread you mentioned that you use the King James Companion Bible and a Strong's Concordance. which version do you find unsullied? Oh, that's right, you provide your own educated version that you make up as you go along using your Greek and Hebrew lexicons. Evidently, God is not capable of preserving his word. Only the "original" manuscripts are evidently inspired. Whoops! No original manuscripts survive today! So you opt for whatever oldest manuscripts you can get your hands on? Well, not exactly. You rely on the "scholarship" of some man who you don't know from Adam to translate it for you, but that's not all! Then you proceed to translate this unknown man's translation! I, on the other hand, believe that God has preserved his pure word in the English language in these last days. God has shown me thousands upon thousands of times that the King James Bible is a supernatural book that is absolute perfection.

Your un-biblical doctrines are what have been tainted by lies.

Here are the chapters and verses that have to do with the actual existence of the tree of life, 7th. 7th Trump is not my authority, the King James Bible is my authority.

Genesis 2:9 And out of the ground made the LORD God to grow every tree that is pleasant to the sight, and good for food; the tree of life also in the midst of the garden, and the tree of knowledge of good and evil.

Genesis 3:22 And the LORD God said, Behold, the man is become as one of us, to know good and evil: and now, lest he put forth his hand, and take also of the tree of life, and eat, and live for ever:

Genesis 3:24 So he drove out the man; and he placed at the east of the garden of Eden Cherubims, and a flaming sword which turned every way, to keep the way of the tree of life.

Revelation 2:7 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the tree of life, which is in the midst of the paradise of God.

Revelation 22:2 In the midst of the street of it, and on either side of the river, was there the tree of life, which bare twelve manner of fruits, and yielded her fruit every month: and the leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations.

Revelation 22:14 Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.

Notice the tree of life is mentioned in Genesis (the beginning), and Revelation 22 (the new beginning). No one has ever eaten of the tree of life. The nations will eat of the tree of life in the new order. The church will not, because we will have heavenly, not earthly bodies.

greenbear
14th April 2010, 03:56 PM
You should look up "tree of life" in your Strong's Concordance! :)

Rossonero
14th April 2010, 06:38 PM

Don't read too much into it. The word "us" and "our" do not have a Strong's number directly assigned to them, so it's not a word for word translation.

It is translated that way because of some perceptions of "Elohim."

I'm not fluent in Hebrew, but a lot of information out there can help shed some light on it.

http://www.israelofgod.org/genesis1.htm

Elohim is not always rendered in the plural sense.

http://www.whoisjesus.com/letus2.html

Spectrism
14th April 2010, 06:59 PM
I think I am discovering who the 7th trump is. I found the first six among these:

http://www.mediabistro.com/fishbowlny/original/haute_living_trumps_2.jpg

Ash_Williams
14th April 2010, 07:04 PM
I think the simplicity in which genesis is written is meant to be taken at face value. "We" is not the royal we, he's talking to others. Other statements are not metaphorical but literal (ie he was tired from the work so rested on the 7th day, the things he "saw" he actually saw, by light reflecting off of them, etc.)

I think genesis is a condensed version of other stories with more gods in them. But then learning those other stories relies on translations of broken tablets that no one seem to agree on anyway. So who knows.

Interesting stuff emerges from reading the first little bit and only the first little bit. For example, god created a talking snake that knew about the tree and what it would do? WTF? Keep in mind here there's nothing about this snake being satan and god goes on to punish serpents.

Also, there is a tree of life. The meaning is obvious here, eating fruit from the tree makes someone live forever. Why is there a tree of life? That's an odd thing to put in a garden. Perhaps as odd as a tree of knowledge that the only two inhabitants of the garden are not supposed to eat from. He's created a tree, then become worried that the humans he's created will eat from this tree, so he puts a guard in place to defend it. A guard with a sword... there's two humans on earth at the time so no need for either of them to invent weapons, so the sword I guess is an invention of god? If the sword is metaphorical in some way then why mention it at all, just say the place was guarded? If it's not then we're talking about mining and maybe smelting and someone making a sword. It's just weird.

7th trump
14th April 2010, 07:20 PM
I do not know what your problem is Green.
I never said anything to the like that the KJV is wrong. I have a KJV, a Ferra Fenton bible, a Strong's and very very very old Bible My mother gave that was my great grandfathers Bible.
What does God say about changing the word Green?
He doesnt like it one bit. In fact if you do change the word or even add to it He will take away from you. Theres a reason God makes a stirn warning about adding and taking away from His word. God is not kidding around when it comes to changing a word in His book that confuses and alters the truth that causes one of His children to perish. This isnt a game Green.................its serious! Judgement starts at the pulpit Green...................drill that in your head. If you are going to be preaching you better know what you are talking about and not adding in your opinion when you dont agree with a Greek or Hebrew word through a Concordence.
Why do you have a problem with translating english back into its Greek and Hebrew language?
Scholars do this so not to leave one i undotted and a t uncrossed when understanding the Word.
Why are you against this?
Whats wrong with practicing what the scholar do?
As far as God not being able to preserve His word. I wouldnt go around saying that to loudly Green. God has always kept a remnant down through the ages who have kept the word intact and perfect.
Doesnt neccessarily mean this rement is going to rewrite the Bible and have it published. Doesnt mean you are not going t oneed study aids to help you translate either. It just means that thereis a rement thats not going to allow ameaning t obe changed to mean something else. In case you havent noticed theres a lot of people who want the Bible changed to benefit them and not you.
A self professed Bible scholar as you claim or think you are should know this, but then again you are not against this practice of changing a word which altogether change Gods Word.
You let suspision rain upon you Green. Not good for credibility.

So now you are going around making accusation about me?
Who said I have someone that I dont know from adam translate the Bible for me?
Who said that Green? Or are you again acting like an immature child throwing stones?
I'm sorry if the truth hurts Green. If you dont like what the Bible says then I suggest just walking away from it or come to the side of the Bible.
I will get the chapter and verse of all that I say proving there are three earth ages, satan appears before the real Christ at the seventh trumpet. Just a fair warning Green. This is going to be shoved far up your backside. Your demeanor needs a little adjustment to say the least1

greenbear
14th April 2010, 07:28 PM
You have again left me speechless, 7th. I will now shut my mouth in complete and utter amazement.

7th trump
14th April 2010, 07:31 PM
You have again left me speechless, 7th. I will now shut my mouth in complete and utter amazement.

Wait until I get the chapter and verses together Green............................I'm afraid you will be even more speechless.
And dont forget...............judgement starts at the pulpit.

Saul Mine
14th April 2010, 07:34 PM
Everybody talks that way. We say "Let's do this," when we mean "I will do this." God talks to us in our own language.

7th trump
14th April 2010, 07:58 PM
Everybody talks that way. We say "Let's do this," when we mean "I will do this." God talks to us in our own language.

Oh God.....................not another one.
Yep in our own language...................
What would you think the scriptures would say if the ancient translators translated to German or French or even Russian?

StackerKen
14th April 2010, 08:03 PM
What would you think the scriptures would say if the ancient translators translated to German or French or even Russian?

I'll take a guess at that one....

The same thing they say now?

Brother 7th:
Man. Try not to take everything so personal.

Find your scriptures and post them..

"Iron sharpens iron; so a man sharpens the countenance of his friend."

greenbear
14th April 2010, 09:18 PM

Wait until I get the chapter and verses together Green............................I'm afraid you will be even more speechless.

I look forward to that, 7th. :)

Libertarian_Guard
14th April 2010, 10:56 PM

People that like to project a high degree of 'importance' often speak as if they have a mouse in their pocket, because you have to wonder who is the we they are speaking of? Now I'm not saying God is in any way pretentious, but those who recorded and translated such accounts, may have inferred this upon his message.

Saul Mine
15th April 2010, 03:14 AM
The message I am getting is that some of you have already decided what you want to believe, and if that confuses you then you intend to remain confused.

Ok, I won't bother you any more. Over and out.

7th trump
15th April 2010, 04:46 AM
I have a saying about being confused.
"If you didnt know you were lost would you really know where you are at?"
This applies to most who read the Bible and think just because they read it they know something.
Yet the father of all lies and murders is so good at lying and deceitfullness that Jesus himself shortened satans time on earth from 7 years to 5 months for the Elects sake. Not the worlds sake, but for the cherished 144,000 Elects sake.
Gods word is so simple that a child can understand it.
Problem is, people have adulterated and dilluted themselves so much that simplicity is no longer comprehensable.
They'd rather listen to the traditions of man than God himself.

7th trump
15th April 2010, 05:36 AM
This is going to be shoved far up your backside. Your demeanor needs a little adjustment to say the least1

7th, I don't think you have the right to talk like that to GB.

For me GB is one of the most knowledgeable people on the Bible here.
I learned a lot from her over the years and grateful for her contribution.

From you Sir, I've learned very little so far.
Grandiose talks and near zero Bible support.

In addition to that, you progressed from arrogant tone to insults towards GB,

Not cool.

I hope you reconsider and inject more love in your future posts.

--------------

GB, keep it up, mama-bear

I really could careless what your opinion is about me. I'm not here to kiss anybodies ass. As far as greenbear goes she attacked first unprovoked. Yea ok........I get the picture of who you are and what you are about. Its that perfectly in her right to attck me, in your opinion, to do so because you learned something from her. Look pal, I have the brooklyn bridges up for sale .............you want to buy it?
Yea that right, you are that easy to spot G2rad

I'm just going to settle this for her by supplying the chapter and verses. I really dont expect anything but ridacule from her when I do. She's set in her unhumble ways and nothing is going to shake the ego thats controlling her except herself if she's mature enough to accomplish it.
Ego's are worse than being hooked on drugs. It takes more to overcome than nicotine.
If you want to keep listening from green do so at your own peril. She's not even close to the truth. She is still asking questions and suggesting...............?
Dont get me wrong. I'm not saying green is bad for not share what truths she knows. She doesnt know all the truth and suggest many things when she cannot explain scripture. I mean she says beleives the word is perfect, but yet has doubts at the same time.

The whole storyline stage is set in Genesis which is between satan and Jesus. satan is the tree of knowledge of good and evil and jesus is the tree of Life. When the serpent (satan, lucifer, the old dragon, antichrist, death, son of perdition and a host other name satan goes by) talked Eve into partaking of the tree of knowledge of good and evil what did God tell the serpent (satan)?
God said that satan will nail Jesus to the cross (this is wounding thy heel) and in doing so Jesus will crush satans head. Ever read Revelations? Who's thrown into the firey pit to be consumed from within and turned to ashes? satan is of course, along with those children of God who follow satan.
Theres a verse that I will also supply where God says to not worry about those who can kill the flesh body, but fear thee who can destroy the soul....................thats being consumed from within or perishing or as i try to put it.......................being uncreated.
I had a arguement with Gold Duck over this. Gold Duck said that everything (energy) just changes from one state to the other and nothing or nobody is destroyed.
Well Ducks happy ass will have a rud awakening when Duck is there standing in front of God having to explaining his peddling of his hippy new age crap.
Guess whos going to be accusing Gold Duck if he is not carefull of peddling this new age crap? Wont be Jesus Christ doing the accusing.............................satan of course is going to be convicting duck to hell. Who do you think authored this new age bullshyt?
See satans MO? satan influences lies and then whe its your time to go infront of God for judgement satan will br convicting you of pushing his lies.
satan is no friend, hes a dead angel walking. satans the only one yet to this day sentenced to perish. Theres 10,000 other angels who are kicked from Heaven with satan at the 6th trump. They are destroy and consumed the second Christ appears at the 7th trump, but no child of God is destroyed until the Great White Judgement which is after the millenium.
satan wants as many of Gods children as he can get to perish with him. So if you want to join in with satan in his little red wagon trip to perdition then so be it. Learn all the traditions of men as you like. You like to be fooled?...............good and have a good trip being a doubter. God said he'll help you fool yourself. Even give you the whole box of booby prizes if you want it. Gods not hard up for students. There are billions of Gods children and Hes weeding them out. The goats on one side and the sheep on the other. Eternity is a long time to spend with a bunch of trouble makers so God is weeding them out so the sheep dont have to spend eternity with a bunch of goat trouble makers.
Its like He says about cutting the dead wood from the vine and throwing it into the fire...............have you read that yet?
You've been warned!

I personally dont care if I get banned because I dont need any of you people to tell me the traditions of men. I know what the Bible says and its not the traditions of men and box of booby prizes. You have a time of tribulation when the antichrist shows up coming real soon and this is not to be taken lightly. God gives three woo's when this happens and Jesus shortens the time to 5 months from 7 years for the Elects sake. Are you prepared for it? Can you be fooled by satan into his little red wagaon trip to perdition?
I know why Jesus only approved the churches of Phillidelphia and Smirna from all the rest.......do you?

RJB
15th April 2010, 06:05 AM
Stackerken is right. Don't take things so personal.

I've been lurking on a couple of these threads and I enjoy the discussion, but stayed out because I'm still learning the significance of first book of Old Testament. A few times you made promises to show the chapter and verse but instead posted a few messages that were confrontational rather than informative.

If you feel attacked, respond with facts, as Johnnie Cochran might have said :P.

DMac
15th April 2010, 06:54 AM
7th Trump:

Please post the chapter and verses you are describing.

TIA

greenbear
15th April 2010, 10:07 AM
Angles?

Verse 27 precludes angels.

Genesis 1:27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.

7th trump
15th April 2010, 10:12 AM
Angles?

Genesis 1:27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.

What exactly do you mean by this?

greenbear
15th April 2010, 11:18 AM
Angles?

What exactly do you mean by this?

OP

Post #2

Angles?

My response to Post #2

Angles?

I mean that one cannot say that the "us" in Gen 1:26 includes angels because in the next verse, Gen 1:27, God says he created man in his own image, and he reinforces that statement by repeating that it is in the image of God that he created man. He does not say that man is created in the image of angels. Therefore, the "us" in 1:26 cannot be referring to angels. The 'us" can only refer to God. Therefore, God addresses himself as a plurality in 1:26.

7th trump
15th April 2010, 11:24 AM
In Revelations when the Elect are brought up to death it doesnt mean the Elect are put to death. In other books of the Bible god says to satan that he is not allowed to touch one hair of his Elect for if he does his time of 5 months will be even shorter.
What this is is the Elect are brought to satan to witness against him. It will be the Elects next of kin who will go to satan thinking he is Jesus and tell him to be merciful on their sons and daughters for they do not beleive you are the Christ.
Satans gonna say bring them to me to convert them. Its at this time they are brought up to satan (death) that God will speak through them. I'm going to include the chapter and verse where God himself says do not think what you will say at this time for I will be doing the talking. The unpardonable sin is if one of the Elect doesnt allow God to speak through them. Only the Elect can commit the unpardonable sin because only the Elect know they are going to be brought up to witness against the devil. All else can be forgiven except the sins that call for capital punishment where the sinner is killed to go to God where a Heavenly trial takes place. There they will be found innocent or guilty and wait destruction at the Great White Thrown Judgement.
Read Luke to understand theres a void down the middle of Heaven where the goats go to one side and the sheep go to the other side (paradise). Have you read the story of Lazareth and the rich man in Luke? Lazareth was treated very poorly by the rich man went to the good side while the rich man for his actions went to the bad side and asked God if he could go back to earth to warn his brothers that the bad is not a good place to go. God answered saying it will do no good for Jesus resurrected and few beleived onto him.
Guess what?
The rich man knows his destination is being turned to ashes from within. He didnt make it.
Hell of a way to wait out the remaining time knowing you are gonna be destroyed and turned to ashes.
Freaken sad that the devil influences people to their destruction.

greenbear
15th April 2010, 12:00 PM
In Revelations when the Elect are brought up to death it doesnt mean the Elect are put to death. In other books of the Bible god says to satan that he is not allowed to touch one hair of his Elect for if he does his time of 5 months will be even shorter.
What this is is the Elect are brought to satan to witness against him. It will be the Elects next of kin who will go to satan thinking he is Jesus and tell him to be merciful on their sons and daughters for they do not beleive you are the Christ.
Satans gonna say bring them to me to convert them. Its at this time they are brought up to satan (death) that God will speak through them. I'm going to include the chapter and verse where God himself says do not think what you will say at this time for I will be doing the talking. The unpardonable sin is if one of the Elect doesnt allow God to speak through them. Only the Elect can commit the unpardonable sin because only the Elect know they are going to be brought up to witness against the devil. All else can be forgiven except the sins that call for capital punishment where the sinner is killed to go to God where a Heavenly trial takes place. There they will be found innocent or guilty and wait destruction at the Great White Thrown Judgement.
Read Luke to understand theres a void down the middle of Heaven where the goats go to one side and the sheep go to the other side (paradise). Have you read the story of Lazareth and the rich man in Luke? Lazareth was treated very poorly by the rich man went to the good side while the rich man for his actions went to the bad side and asked God if he could go back to earth to warn his brothers that the bad is not a good place to go. God answered saying it will do no good for Jesus resurrected and few beleived onto him.
Guess what?
The rich man knows his destination is being turned to ashes from within. He didnt make it.
Hell of a way to wait out the remaining time knowing you are gonna be destroyed and turned to ashes.

Again, I see no scripture references to back up your statements. You have promised a number of times to show exactly where in the Bible you get your doctrine.

Most of the people on this thread accept only the Bible as the authority. If you want to teach me, and others, your doctrines then you must be able to back them up with the sixty-six books of the Bible.

The words of 7th Trump are not my authority, the Bible is my authority. If the words of 7th Trump do not agree with the Bible, then the words of 7th Trump are vanity, at best, and doctrine's of devils, at worst.

I'm not being arrogant, I am holding your feet to the fire. This is a discussion board. I'm asking you to prove from the scriptures the things that you say. If you can't do that then there is nothing further to discuss.

7th trump
15th April 2010, 01:07 PM
Guess what?

Again, I see no scripture references to back up your statements. You have promised a number of times to show exactly where in the Bible you get your doctrine.

Most of the people on this thread accept only the Bible as the authority. If you want to teach me, and others, your doctrines then you must be able to back them up with the sixty-six books of the Bible.

The words of 7th Trump are not my authority, the Bible is my authority. If the words of 7th Trump do not agree with the Bible, then the words of 7th Trump are vanity, at best, and doctrine's of devils, at worst.

I'm not being arrogant, I am holding your feet to the fire. This is a discussion board. I'm asking you to prove from the scriptures the things that you say. If you can't do that then there is nothing further to discuss.

Green,
I dont much remember the chapter and verse when I'm reading the books of the Bible.
I read the Bible like a book. I can remember the whats in the books but not each and every chapter and verse. Maybe you do that to prop yourself up like some authority........I dont!
Remembering the chapter and verse has very little significants to the word of God.
There is no commandment that says to remember the chapter and verse.
you are gojng to have to wait until I can go back and scim over the scripture until I find the chapter and verse.
What surprises me about you is that you prop yourself up like some authority and yet cannot recite nothing in the 66 books resembling what I'm talking about. Geez whiz even I can hear scripture and know I've read it to comment on it.
Whats your excuse?
Nothing isnt it.................you just hear what you want to hear and comment your dogma when you cannot explain.
What an attitude you have green........what an attitude!

7th trump
15th April 2010, 01:13 PM
In Revelations when ....

trump! Before I read the rest of your post, it gets me mad seing you always type

Revelations, Revelations, Revelations

it is not Revelations
it is Revelation

Get mad and dont read it...........................I could give a rats ass for all I care.
I suppose now you'll flush your candy bar down the toilet because your mad?

Do what ever trips your trigger buddy.....................I dont think anybody cares about your temper trantrum.
What the fvck is wrong with you people?

Horn
15th April 2010, 01:59 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rBZOcqYi1WU

7th trump
15th April 2010, 02:11 PM
Get mad and dont read it...........................I could give a rats ass for all I care.
I suppose now you'll flush your candy bar down the toilet because your mad?

Do what ever trips your trigger buddy.....................I dont think anybody cares about your temper trantrum.
What the fvck is wrong with you people?

Look, do you understand that you are misspelling the name of the book of the Bible, of which you claim to be expert of? :)

-------------------------

you are spamming the entire section with personal insults.

you swear.

your f-words and hill-Billy buddy-buddy style offends people.

people are leaving this forum because of you

you have been acting like a troll. What is the purpose of this? You intent destroying this forum?

I guess it is time to appeal to the Mods and let them decide.

When are you gonna get real about the seriousness of life instead of worrying about spelling?
Swearing?
trolling?
Whos leaving this forum beside you?
What happens if you are sent to the bad side of the gulf for diddle daddling with Gods Word that has serious consequences?

I guess you are going to throw your candy bar in the toilet after all...................

greenbear
15th April 2010, 02:24 PM

Back to the OP. :) Since an OT verse was used in the OP I'll stick to a handful of OT verses out of many that prove the Godhead is a Trinity.

From the first chapter in the Bible, God makes it known that He consists of more than one Person. Both Old and New Testaments reveal that there is One God in Three Persons.

Genesis 1:26-27 And God said, LET US make man in OUR image, after OUR likeness...So God created man in his own image, in the image of God [not angels. the "us" can only refer to God] created he him;

Genesis 3:22 And the LORD God said, Behold, the man is become as one of us, to know good and evil..

When Isaiah had a vision of the Lord sitting upon a throne, the Lord asked him a question,

Isaiah 6:8 Also I heard the voice of the Lord, saying, Whom shall I send, and who will go for US? Then said I, Here am I; send me.

The Old Testament shows that God has a Son, and that God's Son is God himself.

Proverbs 30:4 Who hath ascended up into heaven, or descended? who hath gathered the wind in his fists? who hath bound the waters in a garment? who hath established all the ends of the earth? what is his name, and what is his son's name, if thou canst tell?

These passages from David, Isaiah, and Daniel prophesy of a future King of both Jews and Gentiles, who is described as God and the Son of God, by God the Father, and as a human child.

Psalms 2:7-12 I will declare the decree: the LORD hath said unto me, Thou art my Son; this day have I begotten thee. Ask of me, and I shall give thee the heathen for thine inheritance, and the uttermost parts of the earth for thy possession. Thou shalt break them with a rod of iron; thou shalt dash them in pieces like a potter's vessel. Be wise now therefore, O ye kings: be instructed, ye judges of the earth. Serve the LORD with fear, and rejoice with trembling. Kiss the Son, lest he be angry, and ye perish from the way, when his wrath is kindled but a little. Blessed are all they that put their trust in him.

Isaiah 9:6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counseller, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

Read Psalms 45:6-7, 11 where God commands worship of the Son. The Son is given the Kingdom, he is the King, and he must be God because God commands that he alone be worshiped:

Exodus 34:14 For thou shalt worship no other god: for the LORD, whose name is Jealous, is a jealous God:

Psalms 45:6-7 Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: the sceptre of thy kingdom is a right sceptre. Thou lovest righteousness, and hatest wickedness: therefore God, thy God, hath anointed thee with the oil of gladness above thy fellows.
Psalms 45:11 So shall the king greatly desire thy beauty: for he is thy Lord; and worship thou him.

Read Daniel 7:13-14 in light of this incontestable truth in Isaiah from the mouth of God:

Isaiah 42:8 I am the LORD: that is my name: and my glory will I not give to another, neither my praise to graven images.

Daniel 7:13-14 I saw in the night visions, and, behold, one like the Son of man came with the clouds of heaven, and came to the Ancient of days, and they brought him near before him. And there was given him dominion, and glory, and a kingdom, that all people, nations, and languages, should serve him: his dominion is an everlasting dominion, which shall not pass away, and his kingdom that which shall not be destroyed.
These are just a few of the most obvious passages showing that God has a Son who is also God, and that they are at the same time one God, and also two separate Persons.

From the Old Testament we can show that God is a Spirit, that the Spirit of God is a separate entity from the Father and the Son, and the Spirit is shown to be the Third Person of the Godhead.

Genesis 1:2b says, And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters. Like the Father and the Son, when time began, the Holy Spirit was already there.

The Spirit of God is addressed as "he", he is a person, not a force. He takes action, he speaks, he has emotions.

Isaiah 40:13-14 Who hath directed the Spirit of the LORD, or being his counseller hath taught him? With whom took he counsel, and who instructed him, and taught him in the path of judgment, and taught him knowledge, and shewed to him the way of understanding?
2 Samuel 23:2 The Spirit of the LORD spake by me, and his word was in my tongue.

Isaiah 63:10 But they rebelled, and vexed his holy Spirit: therefore he was turned to be their enemy, and he fought against them.

Ephesians 4:30 And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption.

Isaiah 48:16 and 1 John 5:7 mention all three Persons of the Godhead in one verse.

In Isaiah 48:16 the Son is speaking. He calls himself the 'I am”, the one who existed from eternity past. He declares that the Lord GOD (which can be proven to be the Father), and his Spirit sent him.

Come ye near unto me, hear ye this; I have not spoken in secret from the beginning; from the time that it was, there am I (the Son): and now the Lord GOD (the Father), and his Spirit, hath sent me (the Son).

1 John 5:7 For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.

greenbear
15th April 2010, 02:54 PM
I don't mind. I believe 7th got angry and blamed me because I pressed the issue and he realizes he doesn't know why he believes what he believes. I think he has some vague ideas that he has concocted in his own mind that are loosely based on Bible themes, and his conclusions are a jumbled mess of half-formed ideas that don't bear any scrutiny. I personally know for a fact that he said on GIM that he studies manuscripts other than the Bible for his doctrine, and he expressed surprise that the Bible doesn't teach all of it. If 7th is tied to his personal interpretations of the Bible with no concern for what God thinks and says, that is his prerogative. I wash my hands of it.

7th trump
15th April 2010, 03:35 PM
I don't mind. I believe 7th got angry and blamed me because I pressed the issue and he realizes he doesn't know why he believes what he believes. I think he has some vague ideas that he has concocted in his own mind that are loosely based on Bible themes, and his conclusions are a jumbled mess of half-formed ideas that don't bear any scrutiny. I personally know for a fact that he said on GIM that he studies manuscripts other than the Bible for his doctrine, and he expressed surprise that the Bible doesn't teach all of it. If 7th is tied to his personal interpretations of the Bible with no concern for what God thinks and says, that is his prerogative. I wash my hands of it.

I never said I study from the manuscripts green. What I said was you need to use a Concordense to understand what the manuscripts say in their native language to get true understanding.
Why do you twist things green?
I know why I beleive in what I beleive..........................its because thats what the Bible says.

Dont worry about me green. You worry about you when I get the chapter and verses proving you dont know what you are talking about.

StackerKen
15th April 2010, 04:17 PM
Im about to wash my hands too.(right after this)

7th; I agree with the others that you (and we) need to show us scriptures that back up what you are trying to say.

Yes it is important to show us the book and the verses so we can examine them also.

And you know, your attitude is not a good one here. Just sayin

1 Peter 3:15
But in your hearts set apart Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect,

Please read this passage 7th and understand
Ephesians 4

1I therefore, the prisoner of the Lord, beseech you that ye walk worthy of the vocation wherewith ye are called,

2With all lowliness and meekness, with longsuffering, forbearing one another in love;

3Endeavouring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace.

4There is one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling;

5One Lord, one faith, one baptism,

6One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.

7But unto every one of us is given grace according to the measure of the gift of Christ.

8Wherefore he saith, When he ascended up on high, he led captivity captive, and gave gifts unto men.

9(Now that he ascended, what is it but that he also descended first into the lower parts of the earth?

10He that descended is the same also that ascended up far above all heavens, that he might fill all things.)

11And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers;

12For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ:

13Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ:

14That we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive;

15But speaking the truth in love, may grow up into him in all things, which is the head, even Christ:

Do you know what the above passage is saying 7th?

Come on Bro...let's not divide over these things....

Spectrism
15th April 2010, 05:04 PM
Green,
I dont much remember the chapter and verse when I'm reading the books of the Bible.
I read the Bible like a book. I can remember the whats in the books but not each and every chapter and verse. Maybe you do that to prop yourself up like some authority........I dont!
Remembering the chapter and verse has very little significants to the word of God.
you are gojng to have to wait until I can go back and scim over the scripture until I find the chapter and verse.
What surprises me about you is that you prop yourself up like some authority and yet cannot recite nothing in the 66 books resembling what I'm talking about. Geez whiz even I can hear scripture and know I've read it to comment on it.
Whats your excuse?
Nothing isnt it.................you just hear what you want to hear and comment your dogma when you cannot explain.

That is one of the sorriest excuses of a response I have seen. Trumpster- you have come out with bizarre false doctrines and you have the temerity to claim you con't remember where you got them?

You told others that they were wrong because they should use Strong's concordance or chain reference. I am beginning to wonder if you even know what that is.

RJB
15th April 2010, 05:11 PM
I'm not buying what you're selling trump, but I am very curious where in the bible that you've read this.

Here's a place where you can search keywords from the bible, and choose from different translations.

http://www.biblegateway.com/keyword/

7th trump
15th April 2010, 05:24 PM
Green,
Whats your excuse?

That is one of the sorriest excuses of a response I have seen. Trumpster- you have come out with bizarre false doctrines and you have the temerity to claim you con't remember where you got them?

You told others that they were wrong because they should use Strong's concordance or chain reference. I am beginning to wonder if you even know what that is. On a scale of 0 to 10 for credibility, you are almost up to 0.02.

hey do you remember what Luke 2:3 says off the top of your head?
I dont, so what makes you think I can?
I dont pay attention to chapter and verse. I pay attention to what is said
How about Jeremiah 4:5?
Can you cite what 4:5 actually says right now without going out to look it up?
I didnt think so.
Thank you for participating though.

7th trump
15th April 2010, 05:29 PM
I'm not buying what you're selling trump, but I am very curious where in the bible that you've read this.

Here's a place where you can search keywords from the bible, and choose from different translations.

i am looking things up as I type this.
You know I do work 40+ hours a week getting up at 4:30 am to come home to four kids.
it gonna take time.
heres Romans chptr8 verse 26 to help you understand that God sanctified and ordained people to be an elect from the first earth age.
I'm looking for chptr and verse where its told that the first earth age was destroyed to bring in the current 2nd earth age.

greenbear
15th April 2010, 05:45 PM
Brother G2Rad,

I am only a lowly sister of yours in Christ Jesus. :) I neither have nor want authority over any man. I am just a poster on an internet forum who types out her understanding of the Bible (and backs it up with Bible). God forbid anyone should follow me, or believe anything I say without searching the scriptures to see if what I say is true. I want to know the truth about everything, I don't want lies. If anything I post can't be backed up with scripture, I want to know.

vicatoa
15th April 2010, 06:00 PM
Sounds like our brother 7th Trump has been hypnotized by the Shepards Chapel and Arnold Murray. They are believed to be part of the christian identity movement and they teach a very weak theology based on the Companion Bible. Check google for more info.

There is no basis in the Bible or the manuscripts for satan being the tree of the knowledge of good and evil or impregnating Eve or any of the rest of the nonsense that is taught by this group.

Do yourself a favor and turn that crap off once and for all and read your Bible.

Old sayin... Three in one, one in three, the one in the middle died for me.

7th trump
15th April 2010, 06:09 PM
1st Peter chapter3 verses 18 and 19 is where Jesus went to bad side of the gulf in Heaven to preach to those of the time of Noah to give them a fair opportunity to attain salvage through Jesus Christ.
He went there during the three days His body was in the tomb.

7th trump
15th April 2010, 06:22 PM
Mark chapter 13 is where the elect are told not to premeditate what they will say when brought up to the synagog of satan during the hour of temptation. God will speak through them.

Luke chapter 12 verse 10 is where you will learn of the unpardonable sin thats only commited by the Elect when they refuse the Father to speak through them whe they are brought up to the synagog of satan.

StackerKen
15th April 2010, 06:28 PM
1 Peter 3:18-19 (King James Version)

18For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh, but quickened by the Spirit:

19By which also he went and preached unto the spirits in prison;

I don't think Jesus went to hell when he died on the cross.
I'm pretty sure he went to Paradise.

LUKE 23 (KING JAMES VERSION)

42And he said unto Jesus, Lord, remember me when thou comest into thy kingdom.

43And Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee, Today shalt thou be with me in paradise.

7th trump
15th April 2010, 06:33 PM
1 Peter 3:18-19 (King James Version)

18For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh, but quickened by the Spirit:

19By which also he went and preached unto the spirits in prison;

I don't think Jesus went to hell when he died on the cross.
I'm pretty sure he went to Paradise.

LUKE 23 (KING JAMES VERSION)

42And he said unto Jesus, Lord, remember me when thou comest into thy kingdom.

43And Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee, Today shalt thou be with me in paradise.

Yes Ken, Heaven (paradise) is split in two having a gulf in between where the goats are on one side and the sheep are on the other side.

StackerKen
15th April 2010, 06:37 PM
Yes Ken, Heaven (paradise) is split in two having a gulf in between where the goats are on one side and the sheep are on the other side.

ok that may be so.

He may have went to "Abraham's Bosom" and preached to those on the other side of the gulf...(from the nice side of course)

Cool.

Let's get back to Gensis

Now what about those other verses that deal with the earth ages?

7th trump
15th April 2010, 06:40 PM

ok that may be so.

He may have went to "Abraham's Bosom" and preached to those on the other side of the gulf...(from the nice side of course)

Cool.

Let's get back to Gensis

Still looking Ken....still looking!
But do you really think paradise is a prison with prisoners if Jesus went to the good?

7th trump
15th April 2010, 06:44 PM
Ok.....it looks as though I'm going to have to call it a night.
The real little guy just woke up and its feeding time.........that and the other little one needs to go to bed.

StackerKen
15th April 2010, 06:48 PM
But do you really think paradise is a prison with prisoners if Jesus went to the good?

I think that maybe Jesus could have spoke to the prisoners from one side of the great gulf to the other Like The Rich Man and Lazarus story in Luke 16:19-31

Luke 16:19-31 (King James Version)

19There was a certain rich man, which was clothed in purple and fine linen, and fared sumptuously every day:

20And there was a certain beggar named Lazarus, which was laid at his gate, full of sores,

21And desiring to be fed with the crumbs which fell from the rich man's table: moreover the dogs came and licked his sores.

22And it came to pass, that the beggar died, and was carried by the angels into Abraham's bosom: the rich man also died, and was buried;

23And in hell he lift up his eyes, being in torments, and seeth Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom.

24And he cried and said, Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus, that he may dip the tip of his finger in water, and cool my tongue; for I am tormented in this flame.

25But Abraham said, Son, remember that thou in thy lifetime receivedst thy good things, and likewise Lazarus evil things: but now he is comforted, and thou art tormented.

26And beside all this, between us and you there is a great gulf fixed: so that they which would pass from hence to you cannot; neither can they pass to us, that would come from thence.

27Then he said, I pray thee therefore, father, that thou wouldest send him to my father's house:

28For I have five brethren; that he may testify unto them, lest they also come into this place of torment.

29Abraham saith unto him, They have Moses and the prophets; let them hear them.

30And he said, Nay, father Abraham: but if one went unto them from the dead, they will repent.

31And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead.

greenbear
15th April 2010, 07:03 PM

i am looking things up as I type this.
You know I do work 40+ hours a week getting up at 4:30 am to come home to four kids.
it gonna take time.
heres Romans chptr8 verse 26 to help you understand that God sanctified and ordained people to be an elect from the first earth age.
I'm looking for chptr and verse where its told that the first earth age was destroyed to bring in the current 2nd earth age.

Romans 8:26 Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered.

I don't see any reference to God sanctifying and ordaining people to be an elect from the first earth age here.

Moving forward 3 verses we come to:

Romans 8:29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

Romans 8:30 Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified.

God has foreknowledge from eternity past who will believe on Christ, and he predestinated, or foreordained, or determined in advance, them to be conformed to the image of his Son. These he calls, justifies, and will glorify.

7th trump
16th April 2010, 03:23 AM

ok that may be so.

Cool.

Let's get back to Gensis

"Abrahams bosom" is rejoicing.
This is describing that when lazarus met Abraham in Paradise Abraham gave Lazarus a hug.
Have you ever had a person who hasnt seen you for a while come up and hug you?
Same thing Ken

Gypsybiker45
18th April 2010, 06:30 PM
People have to realize the KJV of the Bible is a TRANSLATION into OLD ENGLISH ,NOT what the Bible was originally written in.The "US' is "the Royal us" like the Monarchs of Britain use. The "Ye" and "Thee" "Hark"etc. When reading KJV bibles one must translate into modern English the meanings. If you take these literally you will be incorrect. Unless of course your a student of Old English.

StackerKen
18th April 2010, 08:45 PM
People have to realize the KJV of the Bible is a TRANSLATION into OLD ENGLISH ,NOT what the Bible was originally written in.The "US' is "the Royal us" like the Monarchs of Britain use. The "Ye" and "Thee" "Hark"etc. When reading KJV bibles one must translate into modern English the meanings. If you take these literally you will be incorrect. Unless of course your a student of Old English.

Gypsy; with all due respect. all these translations have the word "Us"

New International Version (©1984)
Then God said, "Let us make man in our image, in our likeness, and let them rule over the fish of the sea and the birds of the air, over the livestock, over all the earth, and over all the creatures that move along the ground."
New Living Translation (©2007)
Then God said, "Let us make human beings in our image, to be like us. They will reign over the fish in the sea, the birds in the sky, the livestock, all the wild animals on the earth, and the small animals that scurry along the ground."

English Standard Version (©2001)
Then God said, “Let us make man in our image, after our likeness. And let them have dominion over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the heavens and over the livestock and over all the earth and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth.”

New American Standard Bible (©1995)
Then God said, "Let Us make man in Our image, according to Our likeness; and let them rule over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the sky and over the cattle and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth."

GOD'S WORD® Translation (©1995)
Then God said, "Let us make humans in our image, in our likeness. Let them rule the fish in the sea, the birds in the sky, the domestic animals all over the earth, and all the animals that crawl on the earth."

King James Bible
And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

American King James Version
And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth.

American Standard Version
And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the birds of the heavens, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

Bible in Basic English
And God said, Let us make man in our image, like us: and let him have rule over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the air and over the cattle and over all the earth and over every living thing which goes flat on the earth.

Douay-Rheims Bible
And he said: Let us make man to our image and likeness: and let him have dominion over the fishes of the sea, and the fowls of the air, and the beasts, and the whole earth, and every creeping creature that moveth upon the earth.

Darby Bible Translation
And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness; and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the heavens, and over the cattle, and over the whole earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth on the earth.

English Revised Version
And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

Webster's Bible Translation
And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping animal that creepeth upon the earth.

World English Bible
God said, "Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the birds of the sky, and over the livestock, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth."

Young's Literal Translation
And God saith, 'Let Us make man in Our image, according to Our likeness, and let them rule over fish of the sea, and over fowl of the heavens, and over cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that is creeping on the earth.'

greenbear
18th April 2010, 09:41 PM
Good point!

Gypsybiker45
19th April 2010, 02:44 AM

Gypsy; with all due respect. all these translations have the word "Us"

New International Version (©1984)
Then God said, "Let us make man in our image, in our likeness, and let them rule over the fish of the sea and the birds of the air, over the livestock, over all the earth, and over all the creatures that move along the ground."
New Living Translation (©2007)
Then God said, "Let us make human beings in our image, to be like us. They will reign over the fish in the sea, the birds in the sky, the livestock, all the wild animals on the earth, and the small animals that scurry along the ground."

English Standard Version (©2001)
Then God said, “Let us make man in our image, after our likeness. And let them have dominion over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the heavens and over the livestock and over all the earth and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth.”

New American Standard Bible (©1995)
Then God said, "Let Us make man in Our image, according to Our likeness; and let them rule over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the sky and over the cattle and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth."

GOD'S WORD® Translation (©1995)
Then God said, "Let us make humans in our image, in our likeness. Let them rule the fish in the sea, the birds in the sky, the domestic animals all over the earth, and all the animals that crawl on the earth."

King James Bible

American King James Version
And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth.

American Standard Version
And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the birds of the heavens, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

Bible in Basic English
And God said, Let us make man in our image, like us: and let him have rule over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the air and over the cattle and over all the earth and over every living thing which goes flat on the earth.

Douay-Rheims Bible
And he said: Let us make man to our image and likeness: and let him have dominion over the fishes of the sea, and the fowls of the air, and the beasts, and the whole earth, and every creeping creature that moveth upon the earth.

Darby Bible Translation
And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness; and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the heavens, and over the cattle, and over the whole earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth on the earth.

English Revised Version

Webster's Bible Translation
And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping animal that creepeth upon the earth.

World English Bible
God said, "Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the birds of the sky, and over the livestock, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth."

Young's Literal Translation
And God saith, 'Let Us make man in Our image, according to Our likeness, and let them rule over fish of the sea, and over fowl of the heavens, and over cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that is creeping on the earth.'

IMHO its still used in the Royal sense, not multiple beings.

StackerKen
19th April 2010, 06:11 PM
IMHO its still used in the Royal sense, not multiple beings.

That's fine Gypsy.
You have a right to your opinion.

Mind if I try to shed a little light on those verses?
You may know this already.

I think the word Translated word "God" in those verses was originally "Elohim"
which is a plural word.

I think Greenbear said it best.
God is a Trinity

God is three persons
The Father , Son and Holy Spirit

IMO That's who the "Us" and the "Our" is

God said, "Let Us make man in Our image

Just sayin.. :)

singular_me
20th April 2010, 08:56 AM
funny to read the christians' answers... who will never give a thought to extraterrestrial intervention.

The genesis is nearly a copycat of the sumerian texts

Sumerian Origin of Humans?
31:50 - 3 years ago
Some interesting bits on the history of the Sumerians as compared in relation to the Genesis documents from the Old Testament. I highly doubt that the Sumerians were the first civilization, but the rest of this is VERY interesting!

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-1356843629123064992#

StreetsOfGold
22nd April 2010, 12:53 PM
In reading through some of this thread, I've noticed some attacks against God's Word the King James Bible. I assume we are all English reading/writing/speaking people and English IS the universal language of our end times (like it or not)
With that in mind, I am linking the BASIC MANUSCRIPT EVIDENCE video for those who do not understand the importance of the King James Bible and why/how it IS God's Word for the English speaking people

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LoFiGBsk4R4