PDA

View Full Version : America's back!

I am me, I am free
14th April 2010, 01:58 PM
HALLELUJAH!

America is Back (http://finance.yahoo.com/tech-ticker/america%27s-back!-let%27s-just-hope-newsweek-doesn%27t-jinx-the-recovery-466439.html?tickers=^DJI,^GSPC,XHB,XLF,SPY,RTH,MAN )

EDIT: Fixed link and replaced by link name to prevent post scrolling 2 pages to right.
-Gaillo

Ponce
14th April 2010, 02:04 PM
IamFree? please post a teaser with the link so that we can learn if we want to go there or not..........however, I already read the story this morning, a good one.

Hermie
14th April 2010, 02:04 PM
HALLELUJAH!
<Original Super-Long scrollomatic Link Deleted>

There's nothing there.

EDIT: Fixed above link, and removed it from your post. It works now in the OP.
-Gaillo

I am me, I am free
14th April 2010, 02:08 PM
Thx Gaillo

mamboni
14th April 2010, 02:14 PM
The COMMENTS on these types of stories are generally better than the story itself, especially for entertainment value. To wit:

"There are signs of life? This is a gigantic con game. Wall Street, their commercial media, and their political arm are afraid of a public backlash. They are trying to tell us not to believe our lying eyes. How bad do things need to get before Americans wake up and realize that globalism is stealing their wealth? It's a theft that threatens the middle class, our national security and our democracy."

Heimdhal
14th April 2010, 03:10 PM
The COMMENTS on these types of stories are generally better than the story itself, especially for entertainment value. To wit:

"There are signs of life? This is a gigantic con game. Wall Street, their commercial media, and their political arm are afraid of a public backlash. They are trying to tell us not to believe our lying eyes. How bad do things need to get before Americans wake up and realize that globalism is stealing their wealth? It's a theft that threatens the middle class, our national security and our democracy."

This is by far my favorite:

♀Calif Blonde♥ - Wednesday April 14, 2010 10:56AM EDT
This is NEWSWEEK....the news = fact. ...Accept the fact that America is Back! ...thank you Obama!

Thats it folks, the news = FACT, all yall nay sayers can fuck off and die now. Obama wins, you lose, face palm like a mother.

::) ::) ::) ??? ???

Im sad now.

chad
14th April 2010, 03:12 PM
think about this. the financial recovery is being pinned on dow 11,000.

this is the indicie of the stocks of 30 companies. 30 companies that are randomly dropped and replaced when they trade too low, and companies who derive most of their profit these days from outside of he united states. the only one that is even from the original dow list is general electric- the other 29 have gone out of business.

that is how we are supposed to judge the financial healthiness of the country. 30 random pieces of paper.

Apparition
14th April 2010, 03:18 PM
Yep, America's back to believing that somehow all of that govt. meddling solved everything.

And then a few years from now they won't know what hit them.

I am me, I am free
14th April 2010, 03:19 PM
♀Calif Blonde♥ - Wednesday April 14, 2010 10:56AM EDT
This is NEWSWEEK....the news = fact. ...Accept the fact that America is Back! ...thank you Obama!

Come on, think about it - a spoof post by a female with the username "California Blonde". Hello?

Heimdhal
14th April 2010, 03:21 PM
Come on, think about it - a spoof post by "California Blonde". Hello?

Its so hard to tell anymore when you run into people who really say things like that on a daily basis. Particularly when they are related to me.

All well...

http://www.icanhasmotivation.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/america.jpg

I am me, I am free
14th April 2010, 03:23 PM
think about this. the financial recovery is being pinned on dow 11,000.

this is the indicie of the stocks of 30 companies. 30 companies that are randomly dropped and replaced when they trade too low, and companies who derive most of their profit these days from outside of he united states. the only one that is even from the original dow list is general electric- the other 29 have gone out of business.

that is how we are supposed to judge the financial healthiness of the country. 30 random pieces of paper.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the DOW nothing more than an indicator of how well the MIC war machine is performing? (as evidenced by GE remaining on there, GE being one of the main MIC companies)

chad
14th April 2010, 03:25 PM
EXACTLY. it remains while other things randomly come and go. in all fairness, i guess in 1898 or whenever it was it started out with 12.
still, it's 30 pieces of random paper.

ximmy
14th April 2010, 03:32 PM
Sweet.. I'll tell my boss he can stop yelling at me now for slow sales and my brother in law that he can stop the foreclosure and bankruptcy.
Thank you Obama

DMac
14th April 2010, 03:32 PM
Heimdahl step into my office immediately because you are fking FIRED for posting that pic!!!

:puke:

Heimdhal
14th April 2010, 03:34 PM
Heimdahl step into my office immediately because you are fking FIRED for posting that pic!!!

:puke:

:ROFL: :boom :whistle

Horn
14th April 2010, 03:38 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QVS3WNt7yRU