PDA

View Full Version : 100 oz JM Silver Bars $ .59 over spot at APMEX until Sunday

Jenna
14th April 2010, 05:57 PM
Just received the email but can't seem to pull the trigger on any gold and silver at these prices. Currently these 100 ozers bars are $19.08/oz, without additional s/h and credit card fees included.

:dunno

I promised myself to dollar cost average in when extra funds become available to avoid the headache of second guessing my buying prices, but here I am still waiting at the sidelines praying for a slight pullback.

Awoke
15th April 2010, 03:57 AM
This summer may be different from the past summers.

1970 Silver Art
15th April 2010, 05:16 AM
Just received the email but can't seem to pull the trigger on any gold and silver at these prices. Currently these 100 ozers bars are $19.08/oz, without additional s/h and credit card fees included.

:dunno

I promised myself to dollar cost average in when extra funds become available to avoid the headache of second guessing my buying prices, but here I am still waiting at the sidelines praying for a slight pullback.

I think that you should go ahead and buy it now because it is hard to predict what the spot price will do in the future.

undgrd
15th April 2010, 06:44 AM
Decent price but I wouldn't buy higher than a Kilo bar

Neuro
15th April 2010, 07:53 AM
Stay patient and wait for the summer dip. I know many think that won't happen, but history says otherwise.
There is nothing like panic buying in the summer!

But I hear you. I would say it depends what the objective of the buying is. If it is primarily insurance, and you don't feel you have enough buy now.

If it is investment, wait for the likely summerdip...

If you believe that this summer is going to be completely different from others, and want to make a bet on it. Then buy a few bars where you are prepared to lose up to 30% of your cash investment for a possible 100% gain over the summer...

DualCarbon
15th April 2010, 08:57 PM
Stay patient and wait for the summer dip. I know many think that won't happen, but history says otherwise.

Wait, someone was telling me to wait for the spring dip...

gunDriller
16th April 2010, 02:08 PM
i notice they just went out of stock on the used 100 ounce Engelhard/Johnson Matthey bars that they were selling for .49 over spot.

at APMex.

i also notice they lowered the price they pay for 100 ounce bars. they used to pay spot, now they're paying .30 below spot.

http://www.apmex.com/APMEXTop40/Default.aspx

good thing the new JM bars are on sale ! 8)

StackerKen
21st April 2010, 10:44 AM

Wait, someone was telling me to wait for the spring dip...

I think the spring dip was a few days ago...

She is climbing fast today! :)

Awoke
21st April 2010, 12:41 PM
hehehe....

I would say the spring dip came early. I bought on Feb 4th for $15.35!

gunDriller
22nd April 2010, 03:33 PM
hehehe....

I would say the spring dip came early. I bought on Feb 4th for $15.35!

JPMorgan's price manipulation was not without its beneficiaries ! 8)

i remember watching the prices go down to $16 and $15. This is the same time-frame that Andrew Maguire discusses & predicts in his communications with the CFTC -
http://www.zerohedge.com/article/whistleblower-exposes-jp-morgans-silver-manipulation-scheme

http://kingworldnews.com/kingworldnews/Broadcast/Entries/2010/3/30_Andrew_Maguire_&_Adrian_Douglass_files/Andrew%20Maguire%203%3A30%3A2010.mp3

one of the things that was going on then was the expiration of currency swaps on Feb. 01. that created a demand for dollars - the countries that the US did the swaps with were supposed to pay back in US $.

by itself that would have been temporarily bullish for the dollar.

on top of it, as described by Andrew Maguire, JPMorgan & HSBC were pulling their naked short shenanigans.

and we all had a seat on the 50 yard line ! it was wierd watching the price of the Dog drop 5 to 6% a day. like, WHAT IS GOING ON.

how about a picture

http://www.apmex.com/Resources/Catalog%20Images/Products/35629_slab.jpg