PDA

View Full Version : Boston Tea Party gathering today

Sparky
14th April 2010, 08:26 PM
Decent turnout of a couple thousand on the Boston Common today; I thought it might be bigger. Sarah Palin was the featured speaker. As usual, she was shrill and sophomoric. The whole thing had more of a commercial flair than I would have thought.

The best line of the day came from former SNL comedienne Victoria Jackson; it was beautiful in it's simplicity: "Obama is giving away stuff so you'll vote for him."

There were also more political factions there than I would have guessed, though the core "tea party" types were about 75% of the crowd.

My main takeaway from the event: There was not nearly the urgency that I expected. Instead of an emotional crowd who felt they were being screwed, the crowed gave more of a sense that they were there because they knew that they were on a path to be screwed some time in the future and they wanted to avoid it. It was more like a village fair than a protest. The speeches seemed very canned and trite, with the speakers seemingly more interested in their own publicity more than anything else. I think Palin reeks of this, and she sees dollar signs more than she sees people.

It confirmed my sense that TSHTF is still off on the horizon. On the plus side, the age of the participants was much more diverse than I expected, though Boston being a college town might explain many of the younger participants. But that's good to see.

EE_
18th April 2010, 09:44 PM
Sarah Palin is a joke and so are the tea parties

Sparky
21st April 2010, 06:42 PM
Sarah Palin is a joke and so are the tea parties

The tea parties are a waypoint on the road to revolution.