PDA

View Full Version : Two Kinds of People

FunnyMoney
14th April 2010, 11:29 PM
No. I don't think the division of forum members will make much of a difference. I think TPTB are in firm control, so "divide and conquer" will probably be saved for select end game moves.

But still, it's always interesting to examine both sides of the coin... .

A friend of mine divides people into two categories; those who just want to be left alone and those who just won't leave us alone (I'm in the first category). - Roy5815

this post is the first instance I have found this quote after some searching, but there could be others? Wednesday, June 4, 2008 at 02:41 PM http://www.azcentral.com/members/Blog/Roy5815/t1212303600

The first time I became aware of the idea was after seeing Gaillo's footer...

There are two kinds of people in this world: People who just want to be left alone, and people who won't leave them alone.

Again similar, off the Internet (http://blogs.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendId=129477507&blogId=357875280):

I'm not gay but I believe in "to each his own", and I'm not qualified to judge my brothers and sisters on their peaceful behavior. I choose what I want and just want to be just left alone. My Uncle Snake said "There are two kinds of people in the world: Those who just want to be left alone and those who, by Golly, just don't want to leave us alone!" Look around and you'll see it fits just about everyone you know . . one way or the other!!! - Slim Richey's Uncle Snake
Posted by Slim Richey on Sunday, August 24, 2008 - 3:20 PM

Similar:

There are two kinds of people in the world: the ones that suck the life out of every day, and the ones that let every day suck the life out of them. - Bill Purdin

Similar phrase in a book by Eugene Woodbury: (http://www.eugenewoodbury.com/path/novel/path_40.htm)

The exception being people who won’t leave them alone when they want to be left alone. - Eugene Woodbury

But the context changes completely, here is the full quote:

The exception being people who won’t leave them alone when they want to be left alone. Off the top of my head, I can’t think of a person in my family a man ever stayed mad at past the moment.

I may have seen it worded a bit differently:

"There are two kinds of people in this world: People who just want to be left alone, and people who refuse to leave them alone."

Of course there are many quotes that contain the 2 kinds of people theme:

There are two kinds of people in the world, those who believe there are two kinds of people in the world and those who don't. - Robert Benchley, Benchley's Law of Distinction

... those who divide people into two types, and those who don't. - Edward A. Murphy, Jr. (of "Murphy's Laws")

found several of these at: (http://www.legendinc.com/Pages/ArchivesCentral/QuoteArchives/TwoKindsOfPeople.html)... like...

There are two kinds of people, those who finish what they start and so on.
-- Robert Byrne

My grandfather once told me that there were two kinds of people: those who do the work and those who take the credit. He told me to try to be in the first group; there was much less competition. -- Indira Gandhi

Men are divided into two groups -- those who love and build and those who hate and destroy. -- Jose Marti

...those who believe there are two kinds of people, and those who know better. - Anonymous

...the givers and the takers. The takers may eat better, but the givers sleep better. -Anonymous

more searches provied:

There are two kinds of people. Those who post sh*tty threads, and those who flame them. -Snoopy (Archduke poster of Internet site zoklet.net) (https://bbs.zoklet.net/bbs/showthread.php?t=17512)

There are two kinds of people: those with open minds and those with closed minds, and never the two shall meet. - Bill Purdin

“There are two types of people who will tell you that you cannot make a difference in this world: Those who are afraid to try themselves, and those who are afraid that you will succeed.” - Ray Goforth quote

Moving on:

“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” - Mark Twain

Low_five
14th April 2010, 11:50 PM
there are 10 types of people in the world, those who understand binary, and those who dont.

peachesinfla
15th April 2010, 02:46 AM
There's lifters and leaners. Which are you?

Saul Mine
15th April 2010, 03:00 AM
There are two types of people in the USA. All you have to do is propose any kind of political or religious principle, true or nonsense, and those two types will consume all their efforts arguing with each other about it.

Spectrism
15th April 2010, 03:06 AM
That is a lot of two kinds of people.

How about this?

The two kinds of people are: alive or dead.

1970 Silver Art
15th April 2010, 04:55 AM
Well I am in the category of just wanting to be left alone and to live my life the way that I see fit. I just wish that the people who will not leave other people alone will understand that.

BillBoard
15th April 2010, 05:33 AM
My ex: "Why is it so hard for you to understand that all I want in my life is to make your life a living hell?"

hoarder
15th April 2010, 06:31 AM
There are two kinds of people in this world: People who just want to be left alone, and people who won't leave them alone.

That phrase would make sense if this was a world of individuals, but it isn't, so it seems rather simplistic to me.

If one wants to be left alone, one must UNITE with like minded people so that as a group you can defend your right to be left alone.

In the real world, individuals cannot defend themselves against groups.

Being an individualist and realist myself, I have had to struggle with acknowledging this reality. Even freedom loving rugged individualists have to unite to protect their collective (aawwk!) interests.

RJB
15th April 2010, 06:34 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0wi4W2ATGAs

BTW I just noticed, after Clint Eastwood says, loaded gun, he dry fires.

FunnyMoney
17th April 2010, 11:33 AM
It seems there's 2 kinds of people, those who believe that groups matter the most and those who believe that only the individual matters.

I'm definately of the latter, I don't think any group makes any difference whatsoever, more than any other.

Every individual checks out of this world as an individual, period. One-hundred years, and 100 is not a big number as numbers go. It won't even matter if the chinese and the japanese are the last 2 groups standing when this thing finally ends, and it might end soon, with the attitude I see in people, believing in the matrix.

It's about individuals taking responsibilty, Everything else is a side topic or a symptom issue.

You, you alone, are either good or evil in the eyes of the creator; those would be the "2 kinds of people" I would be concerned about.

Gaillo
17th April 2010, 11:38 AM
I had read some sayings that were similar to my sig line on the internet before I wrote my sig line, I had no idea that someone else had come up with almost the EXACT same words in 2008, almost a year before I came up with mine!

I'm not terribly surprised, though... the idea expressed MUST have occured to a lot of people, in whatever form they eventually choose to express it. I think it's a deep-seated truth regarding societies, and one of the driving "forces" behind history and civilization.

Ponce
17th April 2010, 01:33 PM
The first thing that I did was to get the heck out of the big city (Anaheim, CA) and into the woods of Oregon..........LOVE IT, I can choose who I want to talk to and in ten years only one person has had that honor ;D and that was the guy who built my log cabin.

Twisted Titan
17th April 2010, 03:17 PM
Dont disrespect nor allow yourself to be disrespected.

T

Libertarian_Guard
17th April 2010, 06:21 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YlVDGmjz7eM&feature=related

StackerKen
17th April 2010, 07:39 PM
I found this and I thought its was interesting..

It is said that there are two types of people in the world: those who look at a glass that is exactly half full and say, "This is glass is half full," and those who look at the same glass and say, "This glass is half empty." But the world is ruled by the people who look at the glass and say, "Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full. And I had a bigger glass!"

Phenix Pawn
18th April 2010, 04:36 AM
"2 Kinds...those who can wipe thier own backside...and those that require others to do the nasty for them." pp april 2010

1970 Silver Art
18th April 2010, 04:50 AM
"2 Kinds...those who can wipe thier own backside...and those that require others to do the nasty for them." pp april 2010

Gov't welfare smoochers = those that require others to do the nasty for them.

Honest, hard working people = those that can wipe their own backside.

Sometimes bad things happen to the honest hard working people and they might end up temporarily needing help every once in a while "to do the nasty for them" but the true honest and hard working people usually do everything in their power to pull themselves back up by their bootstrap to restore their ability to "wipe their own backside".

Phenix Pawn
18th April 2010, 04:59 AM

Sometimes bad things happen to the honest hard working people and they might end up temporarily needing help every once in a while "to do the nasty for them" but the true honest and hard working people usually do everything in their power to pull themselves back up by their bootstrap to restore their ability to "wipe their own backside".

"And might I add that, the nasty, is an opperation best left to close family only, as I am very opposed to allowing the Gubberment any access to that end of my personal business."

jedemdasseine
18th April 2010, 05:20 AM
I can think of two different kinds of people, but it depends how you define "people."

1970 Silver Art
18th April 2010, 05:25 AM

"And might I add that, the nasty, is an opperation best left to close family only, as I am very opposed to allowing the Gubberment any access to that end of my personal business."

If I want something done right, then I do not rely on the gov't to do it for me because they will just end up screwing it up some more.

1970 Silver Art
18th April 2010, 05:26 AM
I can think of two different kinds of people, but it depends how you define "people."

What exactly do you mean by how you define "people"?

jedemdasseine
18th April 2010, 05:34 AM

I'm going to dodge that question by offering a different answer: Masters and slaves. By that I'm thinking along the lines of the "will to power" rather than most contemporary definitions.

JDRock
18th April 2010, 05:40 AM
....ther's 2 kinds of people in this country....minorities and Americans.

1970 Silver Art
18th April 2010, 06:36 AM

I'm going to dodge that question by offering a different answer: Masters and slaves. By that I'm thinking along the lines of the "will to power" rather than most contemporary definitions.

Fair enough. Everybody's definition of "people" will be different and therefore you will have different perspectives on the two kinds of people. In the end, it is a matter of perspective in my opinion.

Book
18th April 2010, 07:00 AM

Chosenites and their goyim...lol.

:)

FunnyMoney
19th April 2010, 12:46 PM
Everone's in a rush, but the traffic's packed and hardly moving.

... those who will let you merge in, and those who won't.

Libertarian_Guard
14th October 2010, 06:33 AM
Those watching their paper assets evaporate.

Those watching their physical assets multiply.

Ash_Williams
14th October 2010, 07:03 AM
There's three kinds actually: those who can count, and those who can't.

BillBoard
14th October 2010, 07:41 AM
This thread made me think for a bit and do a bit of self analysis.

Which type of people are you? Are you one that wants to be left alone, or are you one that wants to meddle in others lives?

At my core I just want to be left alone.

I also found out that I like to cheer for the underdog, hate authority figures and snobs.

nunaem
14th October 2010, 09:02 AM
It's possible to be both types of people. To influence others and also resist influence on yourself. That is Master morality.

It's also possible to be neither.. To have a will so weak that you do not impose on others nor resist imposition on yourself. This is Slave morality.

Ponce
14th October 2010, 09:36 AM
Well, to me the only two that you have are the "holy" ones and the goys.........and the goys are all the same no matter what the subdivision are.

SLV^GLD
14th October 2010, 10:01 AM

It is said that there are two types of people in the world: those who look at a glass that is exactly half full and say, "This is glass is half full," and those who look at the same glass and say, "This glass is half empty.
I've always chastised people who offer similar paradigms to me as being narrow minded. I will answer your question about the glass being half full or half empty as soon as you tell me if the glass was in the process of being filled or being emptied.

ximmy
14th October 2010, 10:17 AM

It is said that there are two types of people in the world: those who look at a glass that is exactly half full and say, "This is glass is half full," and those who look at the same glass and say, "This glass is half empty.
I've always chastised people who offer similar paradigms to me as being narrow minded. I will answer your question about the glass being half full or half empty as soon as you tell me if the glass was in the process of being filled or being emptied.

That's exactly my point... exactly...

There are two kinds of drinkers; Those who draw and drink those who drink without drawing.

willie pete
14th October 2010, 10:31 AM
I've always thought that idiom was incorrect: "Is the glass half full or half empty?" "empty" is a null set; you can't have half of nothing .....so the glass has to be half full

sirgonzo420
14th October 2010, 10:34 AM
I've always thought that idiom was incorrect: "Is the glass half full or half empty?" "empty" is a null set; you can't have half of nothing .....so the glass has to be half full

I dig the avatar. ;)

TheNocturnalEgyptian
14th October 2010, 11:33 AM
All my life, I've had one dream: To achieve my many goals.