PDA

View Full Version : Bartering for a greenhouse

SeekYeFirst
15th April 2010, 09:18 PM
We have a short growing season and have wanted a greenhouse since we moved to our five acres. Last year my wife wrapped a big shelving rack with cheap plastic and wheeled in and out of the house every morning and evening. I kept promising a greenhouse but we weren't sure if we were moving to a larger property soon. Well we decided to build a small one that could be moved easily. If we go far, we'll leave it.
I had two people lined up that needed some of my work over the past couple of weeks. The first one is a local builder who I knew had built a greenhouse on a heated concrete slab, the second is the owner of a nearby building supply. Both noted that they couldn't really afford my work at this time--BINGO! They both agreed to the trade separately, and both are locally well respected as men-of-their-word.
We are getting an 8'x12' greenhouse in about a month. ;D Just thought I'd share that in celebration of tax day.

crazychicken
15th April 2010, 09:40 PM
Good deal!

A greenhouse on a heated slab.

LUSTING/LUSTING/LUSTING

CC

SeekYeFirst
15th April 2010, 09:51 PM
Ohh, ours won't be on a slab yet:( Sry That was a big reason why we were waiting cause we want it that way, but didn't want to invest in this particular place. I think in two years it will be though, and heated with a wood furnace, but on more acres.

Celtic Rogue
17th April 2010, 07:02 PM
Greenhouses are really nice to have! But alas no room for me to have one! :'(