General of Darkness
16th April 2010, 09:05 AM
This makes NO SENSE at all. :conf:

MNeagle
16th April 2010, 09:05 AM
GS throwing a tantrum.

chad
16th April 2010, 09:07 AM
gs showing everybody what can happen if this unfair treatment continues.

StackerKen
16th April 2010, 09:08 AM
Dollar is up

gunDriller
16th April 2010, 09:25 AM
GS throwing a tantrum.

looks like those Goldman Sachs execs. have been reading the Kabbalah.

it's a Tantric Tantrum.

silver @ $17.70

gold @ $1133.

chad
16th April 2010, 09:27 AM
JUST BOUGHT AN OUNCE OF AU ON DA DIP! HOLLA!
\
http://mypetjawa.mu.nu/archives/McHammer.gif

ximmy
16th April 2010, 10:34 AM
just a little lower ;D

Awoke
16th April 2010, 10:38 AM
Wishing I had some fiat set aside for purchasing with....

:boohoo

Book
16th April 2010, 10:40 AM
As the sheeple witness the latest Goldman Sachs criminal trial they will (finally) rush to the safety of gold...lol.

Horn
16th April 2010, 10:41 AM
As the sheeple witness the latest Goldman Sachs criminal trial they will (finally) rush to the safety of gold...lol.

To which the bullion window will be closed.

DMac
16th April 2010, 10:44 AM
JUST BOUGHT AN OUNCE OF AU ON DA DIP! HOLLA!
\
http://mypetjawa.mu.nu/archives/McHammer.gif

Me too. An ms70 buffalo to boot! Got a great deal :D

General of Darkness
16th April 2010, 10:59 AM
I'm broke until Tuesday, I spent too much fiat on preps. :redfc

ximmy
16th April 2010, 11:07 AM
I'd love to get a monster box if the price is right... ;D

YukonCornelius
16th April 2010, 11:30 AM
TPTB can't have metals shining while stocks are being dumped...simple as that in my mind.

gunDriller
16th April 2010, 11:50 AM
I'd love to get a monster box if the price is right... ;D

$17 is the new $16.

YukonCornelius
16th April 2010, 12:34 PM
TPTB can't have metals shining while stocks are being dumped...simple as that in my mind.

Those are my thoughts as well... that, and the fact that I bought more bullion just a few days ago! ;D

Next time be sure to let everyone on the boards know you are planning/making a buy...that way we can hold off 3-7 days.

MAGNES
16th April 2010, 03:42 PM

Makes perfect sense, there will be no new highs,
gold been basing at key number 1150, they want
to keep it away and manage it from making new
highs.

It is seasonal period for high.

Shorts have to close out.

We are going to get a major correction
and shorts will close their positions.

On silver they already did this, dropping from 1700 to 1450
they managed to close out 20 K contracts, then they let
it run.

Look at the COT charts.

They tell the whole story.

No new highs.

Expect to see some sort of major drop and some sort of low.

Hopefully some stars line up and we can take long term positions.

This is year 4 for me. Waiting.
Buying puts did cost me some bucks, oh well.

steyr_m
16th April 2010, 03:47 PM
I glad it's down. Now my PM purchases will be cheaper next week. I never look at the price, I just buy.

1970 Silver Art
16th April 2010, 04:40 PM
Looks like the DOG and the Yellow Metal barbarian had a whoopsie today. I think that both will recover but it might be a while and there might be some more pain on the way down before it recovers. Fasten the seat belt because it might be a wild ride. Just my opinion.

Desolation LineTrimmer
16th April 2010, 05:17 PM
Things have certainly changed. Remember the $1000 barrier? Once price hit $1000 everyone sold. Now when price hits $1000 everyone will buy.

CJay8
16th April 2010, 06:51 PM
I dumped $2400 on 9 yards of concrete in my yard today. My bunker is coming along nicely...

Saul Mine
16th April 2010, 06:58 PM
The first law of the market is prices go up and down.

If the price only went up everybody would buy and hold, not just the smart ones like you and me. You buy and hold, right? Right?

mick silver
16th April 2010, 07:12 PM
I dumped $2400 on 9 yards of concrete in my yard today. My bunker is coming along nicely...
dam what are you paying for concrete here it 78 yard

Percival
16th April 2010, 09:30 PM
Its funny to see some of you greenhorns panic everytime we have a correction in the PM market. It happens and will continue to happen, forever, get used to it. I hope it goes down to 500 bucks, I want to buy more.

Percival
16th April 2010, 09:34 PM
dam what are you paying for concrete here it 78 yard
No sh*t 2400 for NINE YARDS is extremely expensive, sounds like someone got taken advantage of. I can get it trucked to my house and dumped already mixed, portland cement for 60 to 70 a yard. Youre talking nearly 300 BUCKS A YARD? Holy f*ck man, thats a RIP.

1970 Silver Art
17th April 2010, 04:47 AM

Those are my thoughts as well... that, and the fact that I bought more bullion just a few days ago! ;D

Next time be sure to let everyone on the boards know you are planning/making a buy...that way we can hold off 3-7 days.

Every other week, I go buy bullion. Sorry... my warnings won't help much - but now that I think about it, prices HAVE stayed quite low for a Loong period of time... so maybe my buying DOES have something to do with it! ;D

Actually I think that I might have had something to do with the spot prices taking a nosedive since I went to a coin show yesterday to buy some more silver art bars. I plan to buy few more silver art bars today so that might mean that the DOG will take another pounding on Monday. ;D

Saul Mine
17th April 2010, 05:01 AM
It's me. I've been telling people for years that I refuse to make predictions. This year I got to feeling smart and made a prediction. So of course it goes the other way. I've learned a few things, but I still haven't learned to keep my big mouth shut!

Awoke
17th April 2010, 12:07 PM
From a GATA email:

Despite selloff, Butler tells King World News he's bullish, blasts LBMA

Submitted by cpowell on 08:13AM ET Saturday, April 17, 2010. Section: Daily Dispatches

11:11a ET Saturday, April 17, 2010

Dear Friend of GATA and Gold (and Silver):

Today silver market analyst Ted Butler gives what may be his best weekly interview yet to Eric King of King World News. Butler says:

-- Last week's precious metals selloff was another Comex manipulation that may not last much longer.

-- There has been a sharp decline in the metal claimed to back the silver exchange-traded fund SLV and this may signify that the metal is needed somewhere else by the price managers amid a worsening shortage of metal.

-- Market analyst Jim Rickards' interview last week with King World News (called to your attention by GATA on Wednesday, http://www.gata.org/node/8546) was important for citing the lack of transparency of the London Bullion Market Association. "You can't depend on anything the LBMA says," Butler complains, adding that the LBMA discloses "nothing verifiable" and "I wouldn't trust anything from the LBMA."

-- Having sued Goldman Sachs for fraud on Friday, the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission may give courage to the U.S. Commodity Futures Trading Commission to act against Goldman and other investment banks in their manipulation of the commodities markets.

-- Silver is set up to take off imminently.

You can find Butler's interview with King World News here:
http://www.kingworldnews.com/kingworldnews/Broadcast_Gold+/Entries/2010/4/17_Ted_Butler_on_the_Metals_Market.html

steveoc
17th April 2010, 03:46 PM

Brilliant !

I love this simple instructional video on how to make a bunker :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fGngh5nHtrk

Ponce
17th April 2010, 03:51 PM
Don't worry about the bumps on the road and consentrate on the light at the end of the tunnel.

gunDriller
17th April 2010, 05:57 PM
It's me. I've been telling people for years that I refuse to make predictions. This year I got to feeling smart and made a prediction. So of course it goes the other way. I've learned a few things, but I still haven't learned to keep my big mouth shut!

me neither.

i will predict for next week that gold will continue edging upwards in the 1140 to 1150 range.

unless, of course, the stock markets continue to have a tantrum about Goldman Sucks and the Iceland Volcano hurting Europe's GNP (which actually will matter a lot if they lose significant GNP because of reduced transportation and their debt/GNP numbers worse).

in other words, they (silver & gold) will go up slowly (the high 17's and the $1145 range)

or they will go down fast (silver to the low $17's, gold re-visiting $1130 and maybe 1120).

now ... watch them go up fast ... or down slowly.

long story short ... silver and gold will go up and down.

where's my Nobel Prize ?

1970 Silver Art
17th April 2010, 06:03 PM
I have a big mouth too and I will still make predictions on Gold and Silver. For example, I predict that the DOG will finish at $23 (or higher) on December 31, 2010.