PDA

View Full Version : Federal Firearms License C&R 03

Black Blade
17th April 2010, 08:46 AM
Federal Firearms License C&R 03

Here's the online application to get an application for an FFL. Click the F7 CR tab in the blue area on the right side, then fill out the information and click send. In about a week you get the application.There's a huge back log now as everyone is aware that Barak will be the next Prez and want to "get it while its hot" because after January 20, the party's over.

http://www.atf.treas.gov/dcof/index.htm

After you fill out the application it may take up to four or five months now (used to be about a month). Hurry, times running out!

Useful hints:

Make sure you order this one from the list on the right: F 7CR (5310.16) - Application for License (Collector of Curios and Relics) Under 18 U.S.C. Chapter 44, Firearms

ATF Forms you will receive in your packet:

ATF application form F 7CR If filling this out for yourself, you will use "Individual" or "Individual Collector" when it asks for position. Fill out 2 copies of this one, as you need to send one to the ATF and one to your Chief Law Enforcement Officer.

ATF US Citizenship certification Form F 5330.20 If you are filling out the application as an individual collector, then you will be the person certifying yourself. Add you Social Security Number to the document.
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________

Mail your C&R Application and your US Citizenship Certification form, along with a money order for $30.00, to the ATF at:

Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms
P.O. Box 409567
Atlanta, Georgia 30384-9567

Mail a copy of the application only, to your CLEO. Include a letter like this:

Dear Chief/Sheriff X,

Enclosed please find, as per federal regulation, a copy of my ATF Form 7CR. You are not required to take any action with respect to the enclosed form. If I can be of any service, or if there are any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me at the address above. Please be advised this is not a license to do business, but only a license to collect.

Respectfully,

Soon2B C&R Guy

Some suggest you include the sentence in blue, if you are concerned you CLEO will try to stop or harass your application. Note, it is not up to the CLEO to accept or decline your application. You are onlty required to send them a copy. The ATF decides whether or not to issue the license.

It is also suggested you send this via certified mail. (I Never had a problem in the mountain states and never heard of anyone else ever having a CLEO problem for that matter)

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________

ATF phone number in Atlanta - (404) 417-2750 or 1-866-662-2750
fax number is: (404) 417-2751 or 1-866-257-2749

After about two months you can call to check the status if it hasn't come yet. Much longer you can call your Congressman and probably get your C&R the following week.

Black Blade
17th April 2010, 08:50 AM
Now that you have your new C&R license...

From the FAQ section of the ATF Online site:

G. COLLECTORS

[G1] Is there a specific license which permits a collector to acquire firearms in interstate commerce?

Yes. The person may obtain a collector's license; however, this license applies only to transactions in curio or relic firearms. [27 CFR 178.41( c), (d), 178.50( b) and 178.93]

[G2] Does a collector's license afford any privileges to the licensee with respect to acquiring or disposing of firearms other than curios or relics in interstate or foreign commerce?

No. A licensed collector has the same status under the GCA as a nonlicensee except for transactions in curio or relic firearms. [27 CFR 178.93]

[G3] Does a license as a collector of curio or relic firearms authorize the collector to engage in the business of dealing in curios or relics?

No. A dealer's license must be obtained to engage in the business of dealing in any firearms, including curios or relics. A collector's license only enables the collector to obtain curio and relic firearms interstate. [18 U. S. C. 922( a) and 923( a)( 1), 27 CFR 178.41]

[G4] Since a licensed firearms dealer may legally receive firearms interstate, including curios or relics, is there any reason why a dealer would need both a dealer's license and collector's license?

No. [27 CFR 178.50( b)]

[G5] Are licensed collectors required to execute ATF Form 4473 for transactions in curio or relic firearms?

No. Licensed collectors are only required to keep a "bound book" record. [27 CFR 178.125( f)]

[G6] Are licensed collectors' transfers of curio or relic firearms subject to the Brady law, including the provision for making background checks on transferees?

No, but it is unlawful to transfer a firearm to any person knowing or having reasonable cause to believe that such person is a felon or is within any other category of person prohibited from receiving or possessing firearms. (See also Questions P13 and P14.) [18 U. S. C. 922( d), 27 CFR 178.32( d)]

[G7] Are licensed collectors required to comply with the requirements that written notification be given to handgun transferees and signs be posted on juvenile handgun possession?

The requirement that written notification concerning juvenile handgun possession be given by licensees to a nonlicensee to whom a handgun is delivered applies to curio or relic handguns transferred by licensed collectors. However, the sign posting requirement does not apply to licensed collectors. In the case of collectors, a requirement to post signs at the licensed premises would serve no purpose because the premises is not a business premises open to the public and licensed collectors may lawfully dispose of curio or relic handguns away from their licensed premises. [18 U. S. C. 922( x), 27 CFR 178.103]

[G8] Are licensed collectors required to turn in their acquisition/ disposition records to ATF if their collector's license is not renewed or they discontinue their collecting activity?

No. The GCA requires the delivery of required records to the Government within 30 days after a firearms "business" is discontinued. A license as a collector of curios or relics does not authorize any business with respect to firearms. This is in contrast to firearms importers, manufacturers, and dealers who are licensed to engage in a firearms business. Therefore, the records required to be kept by licensed collectors under the law and regulations are not business records and are not required to be turned in to ATF when collector's licenses are not renewed or collecting activity under such licenses is discontinued.[18 U. S. C. 923( g)( 4), 27 CFR 178.127]

Helpful Websites:

This is the ATF's main webpage, which includes information about the Curio & Relic license, the "current" Curio & Relic list, and other pertinent information.

ATF Online main page

This is the National Licensing Center's main webpage, which gives information about the services provided by the NLC, included here is an email address that may prove very helpful in contacting the NLC in regard to one's license status.

National Licensing Center main page

If you need to email the NLC to check the status of your licensure, try this:

nlc@atf.gov

At this link one may order the appropriate forms to apply for the C&R license:

F 5310.16 (F7CR) - Application for License (Collector of Curios and Relics) Under 18 U.S.C. Chapter 44, Firearms

One will also need:

F 5330.20 - Certificate of Compliance With 18 U.S.C. 922(g)(5)(B)

And, if one is needing to amend their license due to relocation of other factors, this form may be ordered as well:

F 5300.38 - Application For An Amended Federal Firearms License Under 18 U.S.C. Chapter 44, Firearms

ATF Form Distribution Center

PLEASE NOTE: The forms F 5330.20 - Certificate of Compliance, and F 5300.38 - Application For An Amended Federal Firearms License can be downloaded from the ATF Online site, in the Forms section.

Links to forms:

Request C&R application form 5310.16 7CR here: http://www.atf.gov/dcof/index.htm

Download Alien Compliance form 5330.20 here: http://www.atf.gov/forms/pdfs/f533020.pdf

View Q&A about C&R licenses here: http://www.atf.gov/firearms/curios/faq.htm

View C&R regulations here: http://www.atf.gov/firearms/curios/intro.htm

NOOB
20th April 2010, 10:13 AM
What are some of the advantages to the c&r license that you appreciate the most?
I have been thinking about but I don't know if its a good deal compared to having to deal with the gov.

Black Blade
20th April 2010, 10:49 AM
The advantages are that some firearms are sold and shipped direct to the C&R license holder - thus avoiding transfer fees (usually about $25 each time). The cost of the license is only $30 for three years. Some retailers like Midway and Brownells offer discounts for license holders (saving more cash). Many C&R guns are as good as modern firearms and some are available and abundant as is the ammo. When the Obamalypse hit it was nearly impossible to find popular western guns and ammo for several months - meanwhile C&R holders didn't experience much of a problem as many C&R guns were still cheap and the ammo widely available (especially 9x18, 9x23mm, 7.62x25, 7.62x54R, 8mm Mauser, etc.).

I'm not sure for how long the deals will last as I'm sure supplies are drying up. We used to see abundant supplies of $100 Makarovs, $100 Ballester-Molina, $75 Star Model Super, $50 Mosins, $100 Mausers and Enfields, etc. Today we still have screaming bargains such as the CZ-82, Tokarevs and Mosins. That said, the ATF occassionally updates the list of allowable firearms as they fall into the >50 year old status or certain firearms of defunct nations (i.e. East Germany, Czechoslovakia, etc.).

If I decide to let my license expire then my C&R guns will be "off the books" so to speak. But so far there are still deals to be had and some guns I collect are C&R and I save money on the usual fees. For me it's worth it.

big country
22nd April 2010, 04:45 PM
The link to the application is broke, got another one?

Black Blade
22nd April 2010, 06:00 PM
The link to the application is broke, got another one?

Wow, they stripped that one from the site. Okay, try this one. Fill out and the lower right hand side select number F7 CR:

http://www.atf.gov/forms/dcof/

Another set of instructions with links:

http://www.jgsales.com/getcr.php