PDA

View Full Version : Mundane astrology and 2010

keehah
17th April 2010, 09:52 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mundane_astrology

Mundane astrology is the application of astrology to world affairs and world events, taking its name from the Latin word Mundus, meaning "the World". Mundane astrology is a branch of Judicial astrology and is widely believed by astrological historians to be the most ancient branch of astrology...

Mundane Astrology predictions for 2009-2014 period

While many discuss the validity of mundane astrology, many studying the area note many historical cycles which involve the transit of outer planets through the zodiac and the different aspects they form. One particular example will be a grand cross that will occur in summer 2010 when Pluto, Uranus and Jupiter and Saturn and Mars will be at 0-3º Capricorn, Aries and Libra, respectively, while inner planets transit at 0-3º Cancer. This is assumed by astrologers studying mundane astrology that it shall be a time with many great challenges and dramatic changes. This aspect resembles another grand cross that occurred during the 1930s. Mundane astrologers trace back these cycles to decades and even centuries before, when Uranus transited Aries last time in 1930s and 1840s, and Pluto transited Capricorn last time in 1760s and 1770s, which were decades of many revolutions and changes. The cardinal alignment of 2010 is also a continuing square between Pluto and Uranus, which occurred last time in the 1960s and the 1930s and will occur between 2010 and 2014. Therefore, mundane astrologers predict dramatic changes (economic, social, military, scientific) to occur again in the years ahead.

http://www.astrologyforthesoul.com/billstreett/2010alignment.html"]An (http://"[url) Alignment for Our Times: 2010
by Bill Streett 1/13/04[/URL]

Twice in the twentieth century have all three planets aligned in hard aspect: once in the early 1930s and again in the middle part of the 1960s. Certainly, these times were crucial in constructing the socio-political makeup of the decades that followed and were arguably the most dynamic and tumultuous years of the previous century. A look at the dynamics of these years will help to understand the themes and possibilities that lay ahead in 2010....

The Saturn, Pluto, Uranus Alignment of 2010

Given historical precedence and the archetypal dynamics involved, The Saturn, Pluto, and Uranus T-Square of 2010 should coincide with a period of great socio-political upheaval and destabilization, if not crisis. This alignment is arguably one of the most important astrological signatures of the first half of this century, certainly of the first three decades. This T-Square symbolically represents a turning point in which economic, cultural, and political difficulties of the last decades come to a head and demand resolution.

Out of this alchemical vessel of 2010 should arise significantly original and unprecedented social and political movements and reform. Certainly, there is a hope that what will emerge out the tensions of this time will produce greater freedoms, tolerance, peace, and prosperity. However, to remain true to past patterns, we can only say that what will materialize we be both progressive and regressive, tolerant and fascist, peaceful and oppositional—polarities that grow stronger.

If astrology is to grant anything to collective knowledge, it is the visionary capacity to see through the contingencies of history and see into forces and energies that inform and are in dialogue with our collective evolution. Whatever the period surrounding 2010 may bring—environmental catastrophe, financial collapse, political reformation and counter-reformation (or any combination thereof)—it is best not to see the events as an isolated crisis. Rather, astrology suggests that the events around 2010 should be seen upon a continuum in which tension and problems of the era demand and create growth and evolution. Thus, the astrological paradigm is not the province of Cassandras who intuit gloom and doom but is a way of seeing that potential greatness and maturity doesn’t come without growing pains and birth pangs.

singular_me
18th April 2010, 11:27 AM
whike believing in it is a personal matter - ALL political leaders have their attached astrologers... of course they are evil. Or are they more evil since many ppl would rather trash it because many cannot believe that it has some merits, and this gives the bad guys the upper hand.

edit: everything that is not fully cpmprehended will be used against us... trashing has only one purpose: peer pressure to deter ppl from the unknown or hidden

Saul Mine
18th April 2010, 06:33 PM
In the beginning science was religion. The stars and planets were doing remarkable things and people tried to record the events in the only words they knew. Eventually the skies settled and that is when philosophy entered the historical record. It was as if someone had turned on a philosophy gene and people started studying knowledge without assuming that it originated from the antics of the gods.

That was when astronomy split off from astrology. You can see the effects in that astronomy is still changing as new things are learned, and astrology has never changed.

singular_me
19th April 2010, 08:36 AM
astrology has never changed.

it can only change according to the planets and constellations... it repeats cosmc cycles, it cannot do anything else.

Pople'd rather believe in the Creator than something written in the stars but who/what created the stars?

I had my chart done in two occasions and 85-90% came true so far.

edit: I believe it is possible to beat astrological odds by just implementing free will for oneself, since everything is causes and effects in term of life events. The more free will the less predicatble everything becomes, chaos theory applied. I wished I had perceived this decades ago. The more we created patterns, the more odds to repeat the same over and over, it is inevitable. That is mainly why I beleiev astrology to be a inaccurate in some way. It like psychiatry which can profile anybody, but have the same humans evolving in a much less coercive environment and their choices will be a lot more diversoified, and thus less predictable. ... and since societal molds have remained unchanged for millennia... so here we are

everything is bound to end eventually - astrology by the same token. Astrology is a pseudo-science that mianly help leader manipulate masses better using patterns.

singular_me
20th April 2010, 09:14 AM
I forgot to add that only conscious beings are able to beat all patterns, and discover new ones. That is how we can fix everything or make it wiorse.

But as long as we try to constantly escape freewill, astrology is here to stay.